Lacrosse

Hey Okie,

Unfortunately the Georgetown game will not be on anywhere. UND will have a play by play Gamecast but no video. The good news is their last 2 games against Villanova and Syracuse will be on ESPNU. Great time to catch this team in action!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HUGE comeback win for the Irish today. I had to check back and forth on the gametracker between doing some things but the Irish were down 5-1 at half. They hit the post a few times and seemed out of it. Like I said, I just had to catch updates on the gametracker but it sounds like they came out on fire during the second half to win

9-7. That's eight in a row for the Irish. They have to be sky high right now. Their next 2 games will be on ESPNU!!!!!!!!!

Notre Dame @ Villanova this evening at 5:30 on ESPNU....Set your DVR. I actually went to see Villanova play at PSU and Villanova is quite quick. They move well and have a good offense. This should be a good game.

Notre Dame 10

Villanova 7

Once again the Irish showed up sleep walking and Villanova took and early 4-0 lead. Their D woke up, clamped down, and ND took charge. Kemp, their goalie, really started seeing the ball well and they could not score on ND. ND also finally started winning some face-offs and that was all she wrote. Good win against a good team on the road.

It's a definite possiblity Okie. Notre Dame must improve their shots on goal percentage. Too often they are a little off on their shots. I also think they need to continue to improve on their face-offs. Syracuse is not good at faceoffs so I will be curious to see how the Irish do tomorrow. They have come out the last couple of games sleepwalking. I do not expect to see that tomorrow. I expect to see them fired up. Their defense will come ready to play and I look for them to be aggesive with the ball. Should be a fun game. I'm glad it's on TV! Go Irish!

Notre Dame takes on St. Johns today in the semifinals of the BET. The game is at 4:30 and is on ESPNU. Set the DRV's and watch a great team try to win out and be the #1 overall seed!

Notre Dame 7

St. Johns 8

St. Johns wanted this game more....plain and simple. They came out hustling their butts off and Notre Dame didn't. ND missed several easy shots, left St. Johns open for some easy shots, and like I said just got out hustled. They started coming back and playing better but there just wasn't enought time. St. Johns had a big enough lead that they were able to slow the game down and hang on just enough to win it. Notre Dame got totally screwed at the end when it looked like they were going to have a chance to tie it but the refs called off sides on St. Johns, even though ND possessed the ball. I didn't quite get that one. Either way, they did not want this game as bad as St. Johns and it showed. My guess is they end up with a # five seed now, and a much tougher road in the tourney. This team still has the potential to cause some havoc in the tournamnent. They CAN NOT come out sleep walking like they have too often in games this year! They just can't. Very disappointed in their showing today!

Ya Okie it was frustrating to watch them. My boys and I have gotten into lacrosse almost as much as football this year. It sucks because it looks like they are really dropping with their seeding now. I'm hearing anywhere from 4-8? The selection show is on tomorrow night at 9:00. The good news is they are returning almost their entire team next year. I'm not giving up on them though. I still think any team can take it this year. No one is overly dominant.

Notre Dame ended up being seeded #4. They will host Yale on Sunday at 5:15. All things considered, this isn't a bad draw. Notre Dame should be able to handle Yale. Should be....Yale is on a roll right now. I think they've won 9 in a row. They just handled Princeton pretty easy to win their tournament. I think Notre Dame is deeper, more athletic, and has a better goalie. I expect Notre Dame to come out strong, play great defense and move on!

Yale @ Notre Dame Sunday at 5:15 EST on ESPNU....Mother's Day set the DVR!

Here's the rest of the schedule if you're interested:

First-round games (campus sites)

Saturday, May 12

Syracuse (9-7) vs. No. 3 Duke (13-4), noon on ESPN/ESPN3

Colgate (13-3) vs. No. 6 UMass (15-0), 2:30 p.m. on ESPNU/ESPN3

Canisius (6-7) vs. No. 1 Loyola (Md.) (14-1), 5 p.m. on ESPNU/ESPN3

Denver (8-6) vs. No. 8 North Carolina (11-5), 7:30 p.m. on ESPNU/ESPN3

Sunday, May 13

Princeton (11-4) vs. No. 5 Virginia (11-3), 1 p.m. on ESPN/ESPN3

Stony Brook (7-9) vs. No. 2 Johns Hopkins (11-3), 3 p.m. on ESPNU/ESPN3

Yale (11-4) vs. No. 4 Notre Dame (11-2), 5:15 p.m. on ESPNU/ESPN3

Maryland (9-5) vs. No. 7 Lehigh (14-2), 7:30 p.m. on ESPNU/ESPN3

Quarterfinals

Saturday, May 19 at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium, Annapolis, Md.

Game 1, noon on ESPN2/ESPN3

Game 2, 2:30 p.m. on ESPN2/ESPN3

Sunday, May 20 at PPL Park, Philadelphia

Game 3, noon on ESPNU/ESPN3

Game 4, 2:30 p.m. on ESPNU/ESPN3

Semifinals

Saturday, May 26 at Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Mass.

Game 1, 2:30 p.m. on ESPN2/ESPN3

Game 2, 5 p.m. on ESPN2/ESPN3

• Join Domer Domain

Members receive fewer ads and can participate in the forums.

• Topics

• The players are getting paid because there is a market that wants to see success on the field.  Because that market watches, advertisers pay a lot of money to be seen while that market watches.  In return, that advertising money comes back to the school in the form of millions of dollars in various ways.  Paying for better players means even more value for advertisers and more money for Notre Dame to build buildings or fund programs. The average student who goes to Notre Dame doesn’t generate millions of dollars for the school.  If they decide not to go there, someone else will fill the spot so they can have access to the excellent education funded by the football program and its players.  I don’t see why the university would pay students to come (except for the absolute brightest) when supply and demand is in Notre Dame’s favor in a big way.  The alums are part of the market that wants results on the field so their money goes towards those results which in turn increases value for Notre Dame, too.  Paying kids to come doesn’t have much benefit to those alums either… I get what’s being said about working hard to pay for your kid to go to college, but there are just too many folks in the same boat while a big source of revenue for schools is football…the value of the school increases if football thrives.  It’s simple business, unfortunately, and ordinary students are the consumer.  Nobody pays consumers if they want to stay in business.
    • OK, fine, I'm getting excited.   We've been winning a lot of these. My take:  Golden commit forces Zackery hand?  Takes the last ND DB spot? It's nothing but expeditious!  Was always the answer.  No other reason to move up his commitment.   I expect he will commit to his dream school for a shot at the Natty!  The synergy is real here.  It's the staff, too, but it's bigger.  Like minded kids.  And they're all conspiring to come together for the title shot, and this staff has them convinced it's in South Bend!  
    • Slight nit, take the government out of guaranteed student loans.  Single handedly has been the biggest cause of soaring tuition and crushing debt for borrowers. Otherwise I'm in between as far as NIL.  It's chaos currently and we are still in Flux with the changes that have happened and stuff that's still to come.  We are far from settled in this shifting landscape of college athletics.
    • Can't wait to see someone try and block a punt and end up with internal hemorrhaging...