Lacrosse

Definitely not. Presently there is no opportunity for lacrosse where I live. They did just recently start a club for lacrosse for high school but nothing for youth. I am actually in the works of trying to organize a youth team for lacrosse next year. My boys have been absolutely loving the sport. Hopefully I'll have some success.

Best of luck. It is growing like weeds in many areas. I have seen several good club teams from areas that are not traditionally known as hotbeds. There are many youth/club tournaments here during the summer. Once you get up and running, be sure to come visit the "land of pleasant living".

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely not. Presently there is no opportunity for lacrosse where I live. They did just recently start a club for lacrosse for high school but nothing for youth. I am actually in the works of trying to organize a youth team for lacrosse next year. My boys have been absolutely loving the sport. Hopefully I'll have some success.

fastest growing sport in the lehigh valley...............

REMINDER:

Notre Dame vs. Loyola tomorrow @2:30.

As my boys and I were playing Lacrosse last Saturday I guaranteed them ND would beat UVA. I don't have that same confidence this weekend. I truly think this is a 50/50 game here coming down to......the dreaded faceoffs. Loyola probably has more talent with their starters. Notre Dame has much more depth and a better goalie. Loyola is better at faceoffs, which is what really scares me. There's a guy on IrishEnvy that gives a great breakdown of the game. He knows a whole heck of a lot more about LAX than I do and he predicts the Irish to win 9-7. Last week he thought the Irish were going to lose and I predicted them to win. This week, I just have a bad feeling about this game. Hopefullly he's more on than me. I can say, IF they beat Loyola, I think they take this thing. GO IRISH!

Okay, we've been outside doing a lot of yardwork since 8:00 this morning. Mix in some good old water gun battles, some lacrosse, and some frozen ice and we are now ready to come in for some lacrosse. It's 94 where I live and expected to be about the same for the lacrosse game today. ND comes out aggressive, plays three deep, manages to get 40% of the faceoffs and squeezes out a 10-9 VICTORY! GO IRISH!!!!!!!

Okay, we've been outside doing a lot of yardwork since 8:00 this morning. Mix in some good old water gun battles, some lacrosse, and some frozen ice and we are now ready to come in for some lacrosse. It's 94 where I live and expected to be about the same for the lacrosse game today. ND comes out aggressive, plays three deep, manages to get 40% of the faceoffs and squeezes out a 10-9 VICTORY! GO IRISH!!!!!!!

Not happenin!!! Winning all the face offs but no offense. Down 7-3 ~~~ just not going to happen today. Late in the third. Loyola is a better team.

Ya, my initial gut feeling was right. Notre Dame is looking bad today. They can't get anyone open and have way too many turnovers.

Rogers just scored to make it 7-4. I was just going too call it over but I'll wait and see....

There's 44 seconds left....Remember...ND has almost this entire team back next year. For as bad as they have looked today they were still somewhat in the game. Final four is definitely a success this year..

Had to go to a graduation party (tOSU fan - great food) and didn't get to see the game. That said, I haven't seen many games where a team dominates face-offs, the way ND did, and still manages to lose. How did that happen?

Looking forward to watching an all Maryland final on TV. To bad it is eight hours away!! I will be rooting for Curtis Holmes (Maryland fogo - face off, go off) who went to high school with my kids. Other than that, I share my father's generation's disdain for all things Univ. of Maryland. Go Greyhounds!!

Seriously, I would have NEVER guessed that either. Loyola was pretty quick on defense causing several turnovers. Notre Dame also had trouble producing any offense. They couldn't find any open lanes, and I think they were tight. They looked to be pressing and aiming their shots, which caused them to be inaccurate. Although their defense wasn't at their best, they played well enough to win. Like Okie said, Loyola scored an inexcusable goal 2 seconds before half but other than that they were decent. It just wasn't meant to be for them. My boys and I were totally bummed but like I told them, it was a great ride this year and expectations will be sky high next year.

How does recruiting look? How many do they usually bring in per year??

Hey Okie,

I'm not sure about that one. I think they take in around 10 a year. I did a quick google search and saw that they brought in 6 top 100 players. Like we all know, the key is winning. Corrigan has shown he can win so recruits will come.