Outgoing Player Transfers (2023-24)

I will admit, Rico leaving is a kick in the jewels. My wife had already come up with his hype video (in case he was ever in the conversation for that dumb trophy) based on the song Rico Suave by Gerardo.

I will say that based on performance alone, I am not too concerned with losing current WRs on the roster. That position group underperformed so much that I think it was a given most would be jumped by new faces (recruits and the portal)..... 

• Heart 1

I should probably wait to post anything till more news comes out but I am just too frustrated.

I would be interested in determining if the # of players ND is losing in the portal is a normal amount or excessive.

When things like this happen, it falls back on do I trust the staff.  If I did, I would give them the benefit of the doubt.  From what I have seen, read and heard I don't trust the staff.  I am tired of Freeman and the staff learning on the job while things fall apart.  I am tired of continuously being told to give it another year over and over again.  

At the very least it would seem that Freeman had no feel for the state of the WR room.  There has to be some oversight and monitoring in place to avoid terrible surprises and death spirals.

• Flames 1

44 minutes ago, InLikeFlynn said:

This is going to be a long and crazy off season.  My advise would be to let the dust settle...there may be a bigger plan in place here.  Try not to get too upset until we see the end game and end result.

In Freeman We Trust

Go Irish!

"In Freeman (I Still) Trust" for now, but it may get harder & harder as the days go on here. I know other teams are having guys hit the portal right now too obviously, but I have no idea if their #'s are on par w/ours or if ours are kind of excessive.

I sure didn't like hearing a guy who has some team connections say last night that he wouldn't be surprised if at least one "really big name" from the team also exits, as in, we might be thinking more of "the sky falling" if that happens.

So for now, I'm reserving judgement on the big picture till more things unfold, but this is a bit rough to watch right now.

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, estimebicep said:

Parker is the elephant in the room. There isnt one intelligent football analyst who believed he would be retained. 

Also you see the tweet by brady quinn? He was ticked that stuckey was fired. 

Its early days.   I do not think its guaranteed at all that Parker is the offensive coordinator at ND next year. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, 4thand1 said:

I should probably wait to post anything till more news comes out but I am just too frustrated.

I would be interested in determining if the # of players ND is losing in the portal is a normal amount or excessive.

When things like this happen, it falls back on do I trust the staff.  If I did, I would give them the benefit of the doubt.  From what I have seen, read and heard I don't trust the staff.  I am tired of Freeman and the staff learning on the job while things fall apart.  I am tired of continuously being told to give it another year over and over again.  

At the very least it would seem that Freeman had no feel for the state of the WR room.  There has to be some oversight and monitoring in place to avoid terrible surprises and death spirals.

There was a picture, from TheAthletic.com, going around Facebook late last night with Notre Dame being tied for 6th with the fewest transfers so far. Ohio State is the only "major team" with fewer transfers than ND right now. 

Edited by NDhoosier
  • Trophy 4

31 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

There was a picture, from TheAthletic.com, going around Facebook late last night with Notre Dame being tied for 6th with the fewest transfers so far. Ohio State is the only "major team" with fewer transfers than ND right now. 

This is a great point. James and Flores are two that I wanted to stay personally. A lot of things are coming together at one time. The NIL and transfer portal are fully kicked in now and this is really the first year its truly full bore IMO. It may take a couple of years for things to settle down on multiple fronts or maybe the "grass is greener" approach stays for good. I think ND will be ok in the end. Let's see how aggressive ND is come next Monday, reportedly it will be quite aggressive. 

• Flames 2
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

This is a great point. James and Flores are two that I wanted to stay personally. A lot of things are coming together at one time. The NIL and transfer portal are fully kicked in now and this is really the first year its truly full bore IMO. It may take a couple of years for things to settle down on multiple fronts or maybe the "grass is greener" approach stays for good. I think ND will be ok in the end. Let's see how aggressive ND is come next Monday, reportedly it will be quite aggressive. 

Well said…would love to see a super aggressive approach from Freeman and ND. Hopefully the administration backs that approach because I think ND has the right head coach in place for this environment.

• Flames 3

10 minutes ago, mcgov12 said:

Well said…would love to see a super aggressive approach from Freeman and ND. Hopefully the administration backs that approach because I think ND has the right head coach in place for this environment.

Agreed.  Freeman will succeed at ND.  Looking forward to seeing it

• Flames 2

58 minutes ago, InLikeFlynn said:

Agreed.  Freeman will succeed at ND.  Looking forward to seeing it

This I agree with as well, because Freeman really is the best coach to navigate and be successful in this new CFB world!

• Flames 1
  • Leprechaun 1