Outgoing Player Transfers (2023-24)

38 minutes ago, Jersey Irish said:

believe Salerno has used up all his eligibility

I thought so, but he’s a fourth year senior from what I saw. And I thought 2020 didn’t count either, or he could have an extra year there.

50 minutes ago, Baldy said:

I thought so, but he’s a fourth year senior from what I saw. And I thought 2020 didn’t count either, or he could have an extra year there.

He would need to petition the NCAA for a 7th year of eligibility. He has already used his redshirt and covid years.

• Flames 1

Is there any chance any of these players return, kind of like the Houston Griffith situation? Or all moving on to "greener pastures"?  Most I'm not too worried about, but I hate that we lost B. James and R. Flores. Next man up though.

• Leprechaun 1

13 minutes ago, reneg said:

Is there any chance any of these players return, kind of like the Houston Griffith situation? Or all moving on to "greener pastures"?  Most I'm not too worried about, but I hate that we lost B. James and R. Flores. Next man up though.

Once a player enters the portal the school is not obligated to take them back. So the answer is probably, it depends at that point whether ND wants them back. 

1 minute ago, Synoptico said:

Once a player enters the portal the school is not obligated to take them back. So the answer is probably, it depends at that point whether ND wants them back. 

I think the biggest factor is if the player wants to be there, followed up by whether or not the school has interest in them returning. That was my main question if we are actually actively recruiting these players like we did Houston Griffith or if we've turned the page.

• Heart 1

I have a feeling the staff is still working on Braylon James. Braylon's own father wasnt aware of his transfer... Seems like an emotional decision. Nothing guaranteed but I think he would be the best chance to bring back.

Flores was gone as soon as Stuckey was let go.

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, NDhoosier said:

I have a feeling the staff is still working on Braylon James. Braylon's own father wasnt aware of his transfer... Seems like an emotional decision. Nothing guaranteed but I think he would be the best chance to bring back.

Flores was gone as soon as Stuckey was let go.

This is what I have heard as well.  Still a chance of James returning.  Flores is gone for good.

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, tneun89 said:

Nana to TCU. Really surprised ND didn't invite him back. Hope he does well there.

Good luck to Nana!  He's got two degrees from ND which will carry him far in life.  I can understand wanting to try one more year and see if that can help him for the league.  Plus playing closer to home will allow family and friends to see him if they didn't get to see him as much in SB.  He represented ND well and wish him all the best!

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

Feels like it's winding down some.  Are we going to see many more winter transfers?  I think a couple more declarations are in store, but isn't transferring typically quieter until spring from here out?  Unless someone comes in that triggers another to leave...The playoff teams will have a few as their seasons end (no one is immune to the portal!).

We're in a good spot for '24, IMO.  With Fisher declaring, the Sun Bowl lineup is going to be wild!  Chaos!  We'd be in the minority overall, but you guys can probably appreciate the challenge of this bowl game depth chart.  I'm really excited to watch it! 

AND, as has happened time and time again at ND, I believe the younger, less experienced players will step up.  We'll find several breakout-ready players out in the West Texas town of El Paso! 

• Flames 1

Drew Pyne has 3 more years of eligibility left, 2024, 2025 and 2026. 

And he is back in the portal leaving ASU

I have no idea how that is even possible.  I guess covid and 2 medical years?

He could be 27 years old playing college football in 2026 - Insanity.  How bad was the QB room at ND last year?  Jesus 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, NDLincPark said:

Players should all have to be at their initial school for 2 years prior to transferring. 

And they should get one transfer, if the choose to do so, and that is it. 

They desperately need to put up some guardrails on this fiasco 

I 100 percent agree with this, and had actually said the same thing the other day!

2 hours ago, NDLincPark said:

Drew Pyne has 3 more years of eligibility left, 2024, 2025 and 2026. 

And he is back in the portal leaving ASU

I have no idea how that is even possible.  I guess covid and 2 medical years?

He could be 27 years old playing college football in 2026 - Insanity.  How bad was the QB room at ND last year?  Jesus 

Yeah, this is all very crazy! Stetson Bennett was 27 when he played his last year. I think Bo Nix and Sam Hartman were both 24-25.

• Heart 1