Outgoing Player Transfers (2023-24)

3 minutes ago, JeffV said:

Should we start a list of WHO'S STAYING?  Just for the sake of time (and my stress level). 

Braylon and Rico seem like they must be leaving BECAUSE Stuckey got fired, right?  They were his guys, and the raved about him when they committed.  Seems like the room must have been split - everybody wants to eat.

Staes hurts.  Did he see Raridon and Flanagan (and still Mitch) taking his reps away?  Is there more to this?  Man, I can't handle the pace of this.  If we start losing commits I'll have to take a break.  Gonna have a beer and keep fingers crossed for Ivan Taylor news tomorrow.

I will say, Rico and Staes are not in the portal, at least not now. But two very reputable ND media members discussed those two guys, so there has to be a lot of smoke there.

I really hope Freeman can talk Rico into staying. He's a kid who gets what ND is about and what it can do for him - just listen to him talk to the media after the Wake game. It seems like this is a rash reaction to his coach being let go. Hopefully, he takes a breath and calms down.

As for Staes, I'm not sure why he would leave, especially given Evan's ACL injury. He will be TE1 or TE2, at worst, next year for the first month or so. His production really fell off the second half of the season, so maybe he was upset with his usage. But total speculation on my part.

• Cheers 1
  • Leprechaun 1

42 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

The OC's track record is one of the highest scoring team offenses in school history.  Whatever is happening right now is more than just the OC.

I never said it was the fault of the OC. My sarcasm came from his inability to put an effective offense on the field against any team with a pulse and losing half his skill players sure doesn't seem like it's going to help. If scoring a million points off of defenses that don't even belong on the field with you and being completely ineffective against any team with a pulse is what you consider success then that's fair, I think the offense was the reason they lost every game this season. I can agree to disagree.

2 minutes ago, nremdn said:

I never said it was the fault of the OC. My sarcasm came from his inability to put an effective offense on the field against any team with a pulse and losing half his skill players sure doesn't seem like it's going to help. If scoring a million points off of defenses that don't even belong on the field with you and being completely ineffective against any team with a pulse is what you consider success then that's fair, I think the offense was the reason they lost every game this season. I can agree to disagree.

I'm not saying I disagree with you.  The defense put us in a position to be 12-0 this season.  The offense put us in a position to be, idk, 8-4?  But the fact of the matter is his offense did in fact rank among the highest scoring in program history.  Hopefully it can be cleaned up a bit more in year 2.

• Flames 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Irish-scoop said:

Program history isn't comparing apples to apples ...

They put up numbers against far inferior teams...    

Offense was abysmal against any team that had any kinda plan for us 

ND plays inferior teams every year. I believe this was the highest scoring offense since 2019 - ND scored 66 on New Mexico and 56 on Bowling Green. That's just how it always works. Look at any team's offensive stats - they're inflated against bad teams and they generally struggle against good teams (obviously, not always the case).

Not defending ND's offense this year at all, as they cost ND the chance to go 11-1. But the stats are the stats.

• Flames 1
  • Leprechaun 1

11 hours ago, tneun89 said:

I will say, Rico and Staes are not in the portal, at least not now. But two very reputable ND media members discussed those two guys, so there has to be a lot of smoke there.

I really hope Freeman can talk Rico into staying. He's a kid who gets what ND is about and what it can do for him - just listen to him talk to the media after the Wake game. It seems like this is a rash reaction to his coach being let go. Hopefully, he takes a breath and calms down.

As for Staes, I'm not sure why he would leave, especially given Evan's ACL injury. He will be TE1 or TE2, at worst, next year for the first month or so. His production really fell off the second half of the season, so maybe he was upset with his usage. But total speculation on my part.

It’s not looking good in regards to Rico. 😢