Outgoing Player Transfers (2023-24)

27 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

Good for him, not a bad school to transfer to at all. Should get decent playing time and still compete against the big boys.

It's going to take me a loooonnnng time to think of UCLA as playing in the Big 10, starting next year.  And their schedule next year is not tooo daunting.  You know whose schedule IS daunting next year?  Michigan.  Here's the Big 10 conference schedule for next year.  The big team Michigan is playing not shown on that schedule:  Texas, Sept. 7.

https://bigten.org/news/2023/11/2/big-ten-conference-releases-2024-football-schedule-powered-by-ifs.aspx

• Flames 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, 4thand1 said:

With Lewis gone, not sure ND has enough depth in the CB room.  Freshmen will need to be able to contribute at this point.

That’s true, because one injury could be dangerous!

For Boundary and Field, we all know Morrison is the dude, Mickey, and Gray are getting very good, and Tucker can take Lewis’ spot. Maybe Dunn can fill in if needed? At Nickel, Clark and Bell will be fine.

Maybe Moore and Hobbs can provide some depth as true freshman?

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, JeffV said:

Oh that's not good to hear. I liked my idea better. Hopefully they have a plan.

We still have to shed three more scholarships, right?

I'm curious if they'll just go with Goins (30-year old Citadel transfer) or if they will try to snag someone in the Portal. They'll have limited spots. I think they are sitting at 88 now. 

It sounds like a CB transfer from Rice is visiting tomorrow (Tre'Shon Devones), and I would think they'd be potentially looking for an OT (starting caliber) and DT (depending on the Rubio and Tyson Ford situations - it sounds like Rubio plans to come back but Ford might not). So, that is potentially 3 incoming transfers (although, I'd be shocked if ND found a starting caliber OT), so they'd need about 5-6 guys to transfer out. I would bet that many transfer out.

• Heart 3

32 minutes ago, tneun89 said:

It sounds like a CB transfer from Rice is visiting tomorrow (Tre'Shon Devones), and I would think they'd be potentially looking for an OT (starting caliber) and DT (depending on the Rubio and Tyson Ford situations - it sounds like Rubio plans to come back but Ford might not). So, that is potentially 3 incoming transfers (although, I'd be shocked if ND found a starting caliber OT), so they'd need about 5-6 guys to transfer out. I would bet that many transfer out.

Starting caliber OTs are quite rare in the spring transfer portal. Most players who enter the portal in the spring are ones that got beat out. I doubt there will be any OT out there worth looking at compared to what we have on the roster. 5* Lambert will be here in the Fall as well.

CB position is fine I think. Morrison will be healthy and then you will have 2 freshmen coming in with Leonard and Moore.

Rubio does look like he will return (but what shape will he be in). I am personally counting Ford as gone in my head. I think DL (whether it be interior or edge) is the only position I think ND should look into in my opinion.

Edited by NDhoosier
  • Flames 1