Postgame - #9 Notre Dame vs #6 Ohio State (Lose 17-14)

A final dagger from south bend tribune, nd could of subbed an 11th player in on final play. After game and i realized we only had 10 guys, i said to my family, wait they put a new rb in which means we could of sent out our 11th guy which was confirmed by the tribune. Ugh. So truly coaching staff never caught it.Β 

29 minutes ago, estimebicep said:

A final dagger from south bend tribune, nd could of subbed an 11th player in on final play. After game and i realized we only had 10 guys, i said to my family, wait they put a new rb in which means we could of sent out our 11th guy which was confirmed by the tribune. Ugh. So truly coaching staff never caught it.Β 

Oh no they caught it.Β  Freeman admitted it.Β  He said he didn't want to get penalized for sending the player in late.Β  Which, honestly, to me makes no friging sense whatsoever.Β  It was 2nd down, on the 1 yard line, with 3 seconds left and OSU had no time outs.Β  If a penalty is called so friging what?Β  The ball gets moved 6 inches and its first down again?Β  No matter what, there is only time for one play.Β  It was terrible no matter how you slice it.Β Β 

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Oh no they caught it.Β  Freeman admitted it.Β  He said he didn't want to get penalized for sending the player in late.Β  Which, honestly, to me makes no friging sense whatsoever.Β  It was 2nd down, on the 1 yard line, with 3 seconds left and OSU had no time outs.Β  If a penalty is called so friging what?Β  The ball gets moved 6 inches and its first down again?Β  No matter what, there is only time for one play.Β  It was terrible no matter how you slice it.Β Β 

I believe you correct. That the 10 second runoff penalty would be called only if ND used a penalty to stop the clock with under 1 1/2 minutes left. Since the clock was already stopped because of an incomplete pass the penalty would only be half the distance to the goal. Believe me I am not pointing fingers but I just can’t believe no other player noticed for two plays that someone was missing.

3 hours ago, ND_JACK said:

I believe you correct. That the 10 second runoff penalty would be called only if ND used a penalty to stop the clock with under 1 1/2 minutes left. Since the clock was already stopped because of an incomplete pass the penalty would only be half the distance to the goal. Believe me I am not pointing fingers but I just can’t believe no other player noticed for two plays that someone was missing.

It was someone else’s job in the booth to notice the 10 players, but still ultimately on Freeman.

On 9/26/2023 at 2:37 AM, jimbo said:

After a game like that, I usually refrain from threads like this for a few days. The first posts are usually emotional rants about the sorry state of everything ND football. I appreciate the later posts which are more realistic and representative of the actual situation.Β 
Β 

I think the future is so brightβ€¦πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜Ž

This board is 100 times better than ndnation when it comes to emotional rants. Kudos to board mods here who set the tone.Β 

• Heart 3
  • Cheers 1

On 9/24/2023 at 3:34 AM, NDFBL19 said:

I agree it sucks… But c’mon now. It is easy to get caught in the moment… But come Monday… You get back to grinding, stack a more clean performance against Duke. And then go get USC. Everything is still ahead of this team if you win October 14th.

Duke is no easy out. If we come out flat we lose. I have seen this story 5000k times over.Β  Back to back GameDays. I don't like it. I hope Marcus has learned a lot after Ohio state. He needs to want to put 50 up. This team don't suck, don't discredit the Dookies.Β 

2 hours ago, Morgandonor said:

Duke is no easy out. If we come out flat we lose. I have seen this story 5000k times over.Β  Back to back GameDays. I don't like it. I hope Marcus has learned a lot after Ohio state. He needs to want to put 50 up. This team don't suck, don't discredit the Dookies.Β 

I totally feel you, so I would hope that no one is discounting them. I can guarantee Freeman isn’t either. Here’s too hoping they come out angry and play well

• Cheers 1

On 9/25/2023 at 2:38 PM, Baldy said:

My wife and I said the exact same thing, and we most definitely have the personnel! I mean, Estime is huge and would be the best one to do it, along with maybe Price!

What happened to the Mitch-a-palooza package from last year? They were 100% on thoseΒ