Postgame - #9 Notre Dame vs #6 Ohio State (Lose 17-14)

The game was lost on that last offensive drive. We dominated running up the middle for the entire second half and decided to get cute. 

That combined with “best offensive line in the country” not being able to convert on multiple 4th and shorts cost is the game 

• Flames 2

So many things cost up this game.  I don’t think this team will recover psychologically…as most would not.  I see the season playing out like last year…..that’s not progress.  Osu quarterback was only making is 4th start….and we gave up a length of the field game winning drive….with a 3rd and 19….I just can’t believe it.

• Flames 1

I will tell you what we learned. Ready?

We are soft

We can't win big games

Coaches don't know how to coach.

Al golden is sorry as hell

Marcus Freeman is not our guy. 

We never ready for the big stage. 

If you need more reasons let me know.  I am locked and loaded wit a hundred more reasons. 

We will always stink

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Morgandonor said:

We are soft

We can't win big games

If you need more reasons let me know.  I am locked and loaded wit a hundred more reasons. 

We will always stink

Freeman is much our guy as anyone. As long as we are willing to live on moral victories and squashing Navy, this is it. That isn’t pessimism, that is 30 years of the same old stuff.

6 minutes ago, Morgandonor said:

We are soft

We can't win big games

We will always stink

Step of the ledge, bro. I know it sucks, but holy s**t. Let’s stop being so dramatic!

• Heart 1
  • Laughing Leprechaun 1

1 minute ago, Big23Head said:

3 minutes ago, Ksessoms1 said:

If we really only had 10 men on the field the last two plays, then golden and freeman are incompetent.  They should both go.  That is inexcusable for any coach.  And yes I realize we won’t get a great coach.

Like I said, out coached themselves!

3 direct, hard runs on the final possession. Why change it even if they know it is coming. OSU was gassed and falling off tackles. It's inexcusable to move away from that winning formula. 

DJ Brown - wtf was that. You have to catch that and end the game.

3 and 19 - moving away from pressure to a 3 man rush. Why? I knew that was the ballgame once they lined up as it was guaranteed McCord would have time to get a decent throw away while he had been under pressure on the previous series. Anything short of 19 yards and they were screwed. They should have just scored there to avoid the inevitable pain (10 men on the field is a firing offense. Freeman has to be much better here too. But Golden would be no loss at this point).

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Ksessoms1 said:

Omg our coaching situation is frigged.  That excuse is so bad….just wow.  Freeman is in over his head.  Coaching lost this game….now I feel worse.

Yeah, that’s pretty much how I feel now too. Yikes!

The last several defensive play calls and the move away the brutal run game were the losing of the game. Don't put your balls in your purse when the game is on the line.

But other than that I felt much, much better having Freeman as the HC. He's not fully there yet but he's a major upgrade on the tool now down at LSU. 

• Flames 2
  • Trophy 1
  • Laughing Leprechaun 1