Postgame - #9 Notre Dame vs #6 Ohio State (Lose 17-14)

2 minutes ago, Tailgate Approved said:

Coaching cost us the game. The players were good enough to win (and deserved it).

This coaching staff is bringing in players that can win. That's the start of the foundation. 

Yep yep yep. It’s getting there. You’re blind if you don’t see the slow development from the previous regime to this one. 

• Heart 2

4 minutes ago, Baldy said:

Dude, again!? You’re being as dramatic as my 15 year old son. They did not lay down in this game. If they would have, it wouldn’t have come down to the wire like that. I’m pissed off too, but chill the f**k out!

1 second….ND had the lead and lost with one second left. ……………………..

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, Morgandonor said:

I learned that I am always right. We will never be good enough. ND fans you better come to the realization that all ND teams suck. Name Me a good nd team in the last 30 years. I will gladly wait. I am tired of this shyt...you can make excuses if you want this school sucks. 

I agree it sucks… But c’mon now. It is easy to get caught in the moment… But come Monday… You get back to grinding, stack a more clean performance against Duke. And then go get USC. Everything is still ahead of this team if you win October 14th.

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1

I agree completely with your post...  great poise even four hours after the game ...  

I agree ..very well prepared and properly motivated ...   my only reservation.....  if this is the best prepared and talented overall team since at least 2012...       and its a so called "down" year for Ohio state....       the gap between us and the elite teams year in year out ...is still pretty big...  idk what to think about that ..  

To put any kind of positive spin on this, this season is far from over.  They just have to learn from this and continue to execute on the field.  Now I really wish Clemson would have beaten FSU yesterday.  That team is going to ruin our SOS.  We have to hope that USC, Duke, and now OSU keep winning.  There is still a path.  Its just much tighter now.

• Heart 1

Worst part of The game for me.

I sold my 3 extra tickets ( the seats are right next to mine) to a DD member @NDFBL19 so he could take family members to the game.

This is what ended up sitting next to me. I had to listen to them for an entire game. Worst game of my life. I had to apologize to the other season ticket holders that sat around us.
image.thumb.jpeg.10781d7003eabe7fd9fc5e784e816448.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Kid Gloves said:

Horrific night of tossing and turning but after a lot of thought here are my thoughts on where we are:

1.  For the first time in the last 20 years or so, I did not see any talent gap at any position vs OSU. We lack nothing in speed, size, skill or physicality. We are finally on par from a talent standpoint. 

2.  I have seen real and solid player development from last year to this year. For years we would never reach our potential with developing players. There is marked improvement across the board and that shows we are coaching and making these guys better. 

3.  We outplayed OSU. First time I can remember a ND team physically dominating a team like OSU in the second half especially at the line of scrimmage. It was like what we used to do back in our glory years. That show real progression. 

4.  Our coaching staff as a whole lost that game for us both on our last drive and on our last defensive drive. No doubt about it they messed it up. We should have kept running the ball down their throat and the game would have been over. Same thing on defense. No excuse for not having 11 players on the field…..twice!

5.  That being said, I believe MF and the staff will learn from this and become better. Our recruiting and player development has never been at this level for the last 20 years. We are making improvements and I believe we are on the right track. 

6.  Still, it is just a kick in the gonads to lose another game like this by just giving it away. There is a ton of good and hope for us going forward, but this one is going to sting for a long time. 

I 1000% agree with all of this, so very well said!

40 minutes ago, ND_JACK said:

I sold my 3 extra tickets ( the seats are right next to mine) to a DD member @NDFBL19 so he could take family members to the game.

This is what ended up sitting next to me. I had to listen to them for an entire game. Worst game of my life. I had to apologize to the other season ticket holders that sat around us.

Oh, man. 😑 Sorry, dude!

Ohio State fans really are terrible!

“Ohio State - The only place where it takes more than one person to spell a four letter word!”

Close on defense. We have the right theories and schemes. Need more players

Work to do on offense, Can't go into the Tressel ball stall. State teams are ahead of us on playmakers. Keep recruiting

Work to do on coaching. Take the points or have 4th and 1 figured out better

Closer than last year 3 vs 10.

We are not kidding ourselves any more. There's hope. Just gotta get over the hump.

Freeman won't be the automatic choice to replace Day at OSU.

• Flames 1

40 minutes ago, ND_JACK said:

WWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW