Coaching Staff discussion

Thoughts on completed staff  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Any of these emotions jump in your head?

• Intrigued.
    • Worried
    • Angry
    • Indifferent
  2. 2. Grade The Hires(Overall)

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
  3. 3. Which hire do you like the most?

• Parker
    • Guidulgi
    • Rudolph
  4. 4. Which hire worries you the most?

• Parker
    • Guidulgi
    • Rudolph

With Gino Guidugli official and Joe Rudolph in the comfirmed report stage that Gino's been in for over a week. I thought I'd do a thread where we talked about the group as a whole.

To me its intriguing and could go in a lot of directions

• Collaborative masterpeice- If Guidugli's upstairs telling Parker which passes are open and Rudolph is a voice in the run game. it could work really well.
  • Too Many Cooks- If everyone is talking to Parker at once and Freeman has to break it up to get the play call in on time.
  • Somewhere in the middle. Offense goes up slightly because of better players like Hartman and every playmaker getting a year older

What are your thoughts?

• Heart 3

21 hours ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

With Gino Guidugli official and Joe Rudolph in the comfirmed report stage that Gino's been in for over a week. I thought I'd do a thread where we talked about the group as a whole.

To me its intriguing and could go in a lot of directions

• Collaborative masterpeice- If Guidugli's upstairs telling Parker which passes are open and Rudolph is a voice in the run game. it could work really well.
  • Too Many Cooks- If everyone is talking to Parker at once and Freeman has to break it up to get the play call in on time.
  • Somewhere in the middle. Offense goes up slightly because of better players like Hartman and every playmaker getting a year older

What are your thoughts?

I see it being somewhere in the middle for the 2023 season, but could see it being a collaborative masterpiece from 2024 and on, or as long as this staff stays at Notre Dame.

Edited by Baldy

I'm happy to see the ouster of the Brian Kelly era.  Balis is the only 'long-term' holdover now (?).  

Freeman has staked his coaching career on the Parker hire.  It appears he has confidence in Parker, and they must have a good working relationship.  That matters quite a bit.

Certainly there is a ton of potential.  Maybe more than over the last 8-10 years.  But...I'm tired of talking about potential.  It's time to show out.

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1

Sorry Faith I usually take part in all the polls but right now I am living in a world of positive vibes about all the new hires and I don’t want to jinx things. Ask me the same question after September and I am sure I’ll have a response….lol

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

I’m optimistic they will mesh just fine. It might take a few games for it all to come together seamlessly. I expect to see a more explosive passing game to complement the stellar run game. And hopefully continued excellence from the O-line and TE.

MF knows Parker and what he brings. Me, I’m not so sure, that’s why I gave a B score for the overall hire grade. 

• Heart 1

I really think we are going to have much improved QB play. Besides having better talent at the position I think having Gino a full time experienced QB coach working with them is really going to pay dividends.

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1

In “offseason of being a ND football fan”

Mason is a candidate to join Shane Steichen’s staff as ST coordinator with the colts. O’Leary and Stuckey are also candidates for Harbaugh on the ravens. Early, but we’ll see

1 hour ago, mcgov12 said:

In “offseason of being a ND football fan”

Mason is a candidate to join Shane Steichen’s staff as ST coordinator with the colts. O’Leary and Stuckey are also candidates for Harbaugh on the ravens. Early, but we’ll see

Here is story:

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-tell-footballscoop-trio-of-notre-dame-assistant-coaches-emerge-as-nfl-candidates

BTW, this is a good thing. You want to have ND's assistants being looked at by other programs including NFL teams. It means that they are high quality coaches.  

• Heart 2

Would be a pretty meteoric rise to be a WR coach for 2 years in CFB and go to the NFL, but Stucky seems like a really, really great coach who is just getting started. Would hate to lose him because he is killing it in recruiting.

Surprised O'Leary is being mentioned.

I think DMC is also being looked at by the NFL. He turned down the Giants last year. Hope he comes back for one more year - he's got a great RB room to work with (along with a great OL).

• Heart 1

18 minutes ago, tneun89 said:

Would be a pretty meteoric rise to be a WR coach for 2 years in CFB and go to the NFL, but Stucky seems like a really, really great coach who is just getting started. Would hate to lose him because he is killing it in recruiting.

TBH, it does help when you played in the NFL for 5 years. But I agree, it would hurt to lose him.

3 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Here is story:

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-tell-footballscoop-trio-of-notre-dame-assistant-coaches-emerge-as-nfl-candidates

BTW, this is a good thing. You want to have ND's assistants being looked at by other programs including NFL teams. It means that they are high quality coaches.  

Agreed, definitely a good thing to be wanted. That’s a sign of some great hires

2 hours ago, mcgov12 said:

Mason leaving for the Colts

It was the first thing I saw when I got on my feeds.  😭

While I’m super bummed out by this news, we all knew it was a possibility he would be moving on.

I read in multiple articles it wasn’t about the money, and with him being a Zionsville, Indiana native, this is a dream job for him with the Colts.  It hurts, but I wish him nothing but the best.

Good luck, Coach Mason!  🍻🫡 

• Heart 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, EddieAngel said:

Glad for Mason, bummed for us. ND is getting scalped.

I mean, for real!  😑

Also, maybe change the title of this thread @FaithInIrish Forever, because with Mason leaving, I feel it’s bad luck.

Here’s to hoping we don’t lose anymore amazing coaches this offseason!  🤞🏼

• Heart 1