Coaching Staff discussion

Thoughts on completed staff  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Any of these emotions jump in your head?

• Intrigued.
    • Worried
    • Angry
    • Indifferent
  2. 2. Grade The Hires(Overall)

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
  3. 3. Which hire do you like the most?

• Parker
    • Guidulgi
    • Rudolph
  4. 4. Which hire worries you the most?

• Parker
    • Guidulgi
    • Rudolph

Staff turnover isn't going to slow down. It does hurt a bit to lose coaches making lateral moves.  I understand that Mason moved to the NFL but I think ND should be on par with that opportunity.  I don't know that Freeman is selling the chance to be a part of ND's next NC enough and how revered that staff would be.  Of course the money would have to be there for coaches to stay.  

5 minutes ago, ND_JACK said:

Thank God. Losing him before spring ball would of made me sick. Special teams is not really that big of a spring ball thing but the wideouts not having a coach would have been a HUGE HUGE issue.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

Good we will have a staff to coach this spring. If they hurry the hiring a bit. I think Biagi can be in place too.

Here’s to hoping they do!  🤞🏼

Just now, Baldy said:

Here’s to hoping they do!  🤞🏼

Freeman in my opinion knew about mason leaving by the end of last week. He knows before the media knows. Probably did the zoom calls Friday. Knew that if Biagi was vetted and a finalist last year, he could get him on a quick schedule. 

• Leprechaun 1

Out of the four coaches; Watt, Stuckey, McCullogh and O’Leary rumored to be interviewing for NFL jobs. I think we were really fortunate to just be losing Watt. If I had to lose one of them Watt should hurt the least being a GA.

• Heart 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, ND_JACK said:

Out of the four coaches; Watt, Stuckey, McCullogh and O’Leary rumored to be interviewing for NFL jobs. I think we were really fortunate to just be losing Watt. If I had to lose one of them Watt should hurt the least being a GA.

I'm SO glad Stuckey is staying too. He just recruited the heck out of Texas and got us 3 or 4 under the radar prospects from there. With the Texas schools particularly University of Texas being in a bit of a drought. You gotta go compete with TCU and get those guys when University of Texas has filled up. Leach always had receivers because they so numerous down there.

• Heart 2
  • Flames 1

I think Freeman has made good coaching staff decisions for the most part.  He's going to need to keep a running list for each coaching position continuously as coaches will continue to churn out.  Still hoping some other team wants to poach Golden and Washington.

9 minutes ago, 4thand1 said:

I think Freeman has made good coaching staff decisions for the most part.  He's going to need to keep a running list for each coaching position continuously as coaches will continue to churn out.  Still hoping some other team wants to poach Golden and Washington.

From what we've seen so far Freeman has a lot of connections.  Obviously he doesn't have a coaching tree so he is open to look around and rely on those contacts for recommendations for potential targets.  This is something we didn't see under Kelly who relied on his "extensive" coaching tree for filling openings, and seemed to only go outside that circle when forced to ala the 2016 disaster.

10 minutes ago, 4thand1 said:

We can hope ND keeps winning and all these coaches turnover. Kelly turned over because the South makes it easier for him to run his vertical passing offense. I've said Kelly and Spurrier are nearly the same guy. If Freeman were to win and turnover he'd have to make Ohio State back into a running team.

Golden will move on soon. Maybe not this year but soon. Washington too if the defense is good.

29 minutes ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

We can hope ND keeps winning and all these coaches turnover. Kelly turned over because the South makes it easier for him to run his vertical passing offense. I've said Kelly and Spurrier are nearly the same guy. If Freeman were to win and turnover he'd have to make Ohio State back into a running team.

Golden will move on soon. Maybe not this year but soon. Washington too if the defense is good.

I’m hoping we get Golden for at least this season and the next. You’re correct Faith, the better the defense plays, then it’s more likely for coaches to get other opportunities. 

Just now, jimbo said:

I’m hoping we get Golden for at least this season and the next. You’re correct Faith, the better the defense plays, then it’s more likely for coaches to get other opportunities. 

Just to further the point a bit. of Kelly's original 10 assistants only Elston stayed the whole time.

• 3 weeks later...