Incoming Transfer Portal Tracker

Hartman is an accurate downfield passer and mobile enough to pick up first downs with his legs, as well as buy time if he needs. He doesn't have the strongest arm, but has a ton of experience and does a good job of protecting the football. Wake runs a quirky offence where they over exaggerate and extend the read option. I am confident in saying he will be running a completely difference offence here, but regardless, I think he will be deadly hitting downfield throws off play action. 

My biggest issue now is another school outbidding us. Welcome to College Football in 2022, a time where Sam Hartman is going to make more money playing his 6th year of college football than he would as a late round NFL Draft pick. 

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, JeffV said:

ND lost out on DL Braden Fiske to Florida State.  Must be sick of the winters.

He seemed like a great fit for overall depth up front.

Both FSU and Miami (admin/BOT) both took FB granted for too many years. They both are more focused now. IMO both will get better over the next 3-4 years. And both have big boosters, and do bagmen stuff legally now lol... 

• Heart 1

Now Hudson Card to Purdue.  All the way to Indiana to play for Purdue??

Sam Hartman must be the target (and maybe we're looking for a Wake Forest package deal with their Edge Bothroyd now in the portal!).

Edited by JeffV

2 hours ago, JeffV said:

Gotta be honest…two days of 40 degree weather here in Orlando…. That sh!t’s for the birds….  

As far as the one dude, I agree…you’re gonna be miserable in Indiana…you should at least do it at Notre Dame.  At the very least we drink a lot and keep ourselves warm….

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

2 hours ago, irishwavend said:

Gotta be honest…two days of 40 degree weather here in Orlando…. That sh!t’s for the birds….  

As far as the one dude, I agree…you’re gonna be miserable in Indiana…you should at least do it at Notre Dame.  At the very least we drink a lot and keep ourselves warm….

Gosh 40 degrees, I wish we'd had that lol.  We were close to negative 40 windchills Thurs and Friday.  Its supposed to warm up to the 40s by end of this week, time to hit the beach and get out my summerwear.😎

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

3 hours ago, JeffV said:

Now Hudson Card to Purdue.  All the way to Indiana to play for Purdue??

Sam Hartman must be the target (and maybe we're looking for a Wake Forest package deal with their Edge Bothroyd now in the portal!).

Either they had big NIL to offer or maybe he wasn't as high on prospective portal QB lists?  Figured the way he was being talked about he could've had better options.  I dunno.

35 minutes ago, jessemoore97 said:

Either they had big NIL to offer or maybe he wasn't as high on prospective portal QB lists?  Figured the way he was being talked about he could've had better options.  I dunno.

So far, Purdue has not seemed to be big on the NIL front. Perhaps that has changed but another consideration might be that their new OC Graham Harrell (former West Virginia & Southern Cal OC) is from the Air Raid/Mike Leach tree.

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, JeffV said:

Rumored NIL played the biggest part in his decision. That’s an issue for ND if they can’t adapt

35 minutes ago, mcgov12 said:

Rumored NIL played the biggest part in his decision. That’s an issue for ND if they can’t adapt

This is known, right? Addison was the tip of the iceberg in buying other teams’ players. I have been thinking about how ND is going to protect its investment in its own players but never about getting outbid in the transfer portal. ND has to be in the bottom half maybe even bottom 25 when it comes to being prepared for the future of NIL and the transfer portal, just above the teams who can’t afford to pay. ND is unwilling where the rest are unable. Not a great place to be.

10 hours ago, EddieAngel said:

This is known, right? Addison was the tip of the iceberg in buying other teams’ players. I have been thinking about how ND is going to protect its investment in its own players but never about getting outbid in the transfer portal. ND has to be in the bottom half maybe even bottom 25 when it comes to being prepared for the future of NIL and the transfer portal, just above the teams who can’t afford to pay. ND is unwilling where the rest are unable. Not a great place to be.

I have seen an estimate (On3 perhaps) that places ND in the Top 10 for NIL $ per player. I believe that the main area where ND collectives are behind other schools is the refusal to pay "signing bonuses" to recruits and transfers since that is technically against the rules. They may also wait until a player is on the roster before they discuss actual numbers with him.