Incoming Transfer Portal Tracker

1 hour ago, TexasDomer said:

Re- Grayson McCall… for his future, that was the best thing he could do IMO.

He’s seen as an outstanding NFL prospect already.  His profile won’t really improve at a bigger school, but it could decline if he’s not equally impressive.

And his mullet credits apparently don't transfer well 😋.

• Heart 1

Texas A&M defensive lineman Anthony Lucas enteedr the NCAA transfer portal today, and there is already speculation as to where he could land. On 247Sports' College Football Recruiting Show, Blair Angulo suggested Notre Dame and UCLA are two programs to watch.

"No communication has been made with other programs but I keep going back to his top 5 out of high school that included Alabama and LSU," Angulo said. "The two I would look closely at are Notre Dame and UCLA. I don't see him going the SEC route again. He's a very academics good who loves to go into the books and play football. Maybe the second time around when he goes through the process, he'll angle towards that. ... I would like where those two stand with him. They really impressed him during the process."

Lucas was a five-star recruit in the 2022 class, out of Scottsdale (Ariz.) Chaparral. He ranked as the nation's No. 32 player, the No. 8 defensive lineman and No. 1 player in Arizona. He is supposedly a great academic student but he was one of four freshmen who were reportedly suspended after the South Carolina game for off the field issues and never played another down.  Fills a need for ND for sure! Wonder what the suspensions was for?

• Heart 2

41 minutes ago, Jersey Irish said:

Texas A&M defensive lineman Anthony Lucas enteedr the NCAA transfer portal today, and there is already speculation as to where he could land. On 247Sports' College Football Recruiting Show, Blair Angulo suggested Notre Dame and UCLA are two programs to watch.

"No communication has been made with other programs but I keep going back to his top 5 out of high school that included Alabama and LSU," Angulo said. "The two I would look closely at are Notre Dame and UCLA. I don't see him going the SEC route again. He's a very academics good who loves to go into the books and play football. Maybe the second time around when he goes through the process, he'll angle towards that. ... I would like where those two stand with him. They really impressed him during the process."

Lucas was a five-star recruit in the 2022 class, out of Scottsdale (Ariz.) Chaparral. He ranked as the nation's No. 32 player, the No. 8 defensive lineman and No. 1 player in Arizona. He is supposedly a great academic student but he was one of four freshmen who were reportedly suspended after the South Carolina game for off the field issues and never played another down.  Fills a need for ND for sure! Wonder what the suspensions was for?

Now that would be a monster get. 
Also, Catalon from Arkansas would be a major, major get. He’s a legit all SEC player if he’s healthy 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Jersey Irish said:

From a quick Google search, Lucas was probably suspended for one of these three things:

1) Vaping before the South Carolina game

2) Smoking weed before the South Carolina game

3) Trying to convince other players to transfer 

On 1/1/2023 at 8:04 PM, FaithInIrishForever said:

EDGE-VYPER-FOSKEY.. PLEASE COME TO ND!

I went to Utah State for my undergrad and I'm still a very big Utah State fan as well. I'm very familiar with Byron and I've seen him play in-person as well. He'd be a great get for the Irish.

He's a freak athlete with a great first step that always seems to be in on the play. Although the strongest part of his game is the pass rush, he is surprisingly scrappy against the run for his size. He was able to hold his ground against strong running offenses like Oregon State, San Diego State, and Alabama. 

My favorite game of his was in the 2021 Mountain West Conference Championship game. He was in on a lot of big stops and was constantly in the backfield applying pressure. 

• Heart 2

18 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

From a quick Google search, Lucas was probably suspended for one of these three things:

1) Vaping before the South Carolina game

2) Smoking weed before the South Carolina game

3) Trying to convince other players to transfer 

Yea idgaf about any of that stuff.  3 could be suspect depending on what he was trying to accomplish by making guys transfer.  Is it in or out?  I say bring him in if he is interested.

• Heart 1

18 hours ago, Big23Head said:

Might be interest in Lucas and CJ Williams from ND

Has Notre Dame changed its stance on undergraduate transfers? I know we have speculated a lot here about it, but I still haven’t seen ND get many undergrad transfers. Obviously it is a case by case basis, are Lucas and Williams fitting for those cases?

12 minutes ago, BTC4 said:

Has Notre Dame changed its stance on undergraduate transfers? I know we have speculated a lot here about it, but I still haven’t seen ND get many undergrad transfers. Obviously it is a case by case basis, are Lucas and Williams fitting for those cases?

Freshmen with one semester should not be too hard for transfers. Even if credits do not transfer completely, football players can still graduate in close to 4 years.

Southern Cal is a decent school so all credits may transfer.

Lucas is supposed to be a serious student so his credits may transfer as well.

• Heart 2