Incoming Transfer Portal Tracker

7 minutes ago, ndomer4 said:

Jean-baptiste is a huge get. Get another safety and nose tackle, then this is a playoff team. 

If we don’t get a safety, I expect us to move a corner like Barnes over. 

Absolutely a great get. Coming out of Bergen Catholic H.S. in Jersey, he was a 4-star and a top-150 player, Is he Foskey? No, but he is much more than "DL depth" that some have said he is. He will be as important as any player on the defense in 2023.

• Heart 2

5 minutes ago, Jersey Irish said:

Absolutely a great get. Coming out of Bergen Catholic H.S. in Jersey, he was a 4-star and a top-150 player, Is he Foskey? No, but he is much more than "DL depth" that some have said he is. He will be as important as any player on the defense in 2023.

Look at his production, you’re expecting way too much out of him. He’s depth, but that doesn’t mean he won’t contribute. 

28 minutes ago, XanderCrews said:

Look at his production, you’re expecting way too much out of him. He’s depth, but that doesn’t mean he won’t contribute. 

Beg to differ. The Ohio State is loaded along the DL. He had to sit and wait his turn. When he got his chance, he produced. He will be an integral part of the defense in the fall.

• Heart 3

2 hours ago, EddieAngel said:

Ryland Goede from GA in the portal. 6’6” TE. Could be helpful in replacing the Mayer talent gap. Anyone know if there is interest there?

With our overall scholarship numbers, TE is not position they need to look at right now.

• Heart 1

49 minutes ago, Jersey Irish said:

Beg to differ. The Ohio State is loaded along the DL. He had to sit and wait his turn. When he got his chance, he produced. He will be an integral part of the defense in the fall.

To me integral would’ve been someone like Foskey. I think he’ll be an important player, but not necessarily integral. 

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, SDIrishFan said:

Martin Short Franck GIF

I think tampering is the worst thing about the NIL/Transfer Portal era. I know ND was accused of that with Hartman but by all accounts, Hartman contacted them. Maybe that skirts the line of tampering, but he was leaving Wake after the Bowl no matter what. What USC did to Pitt was gross.

Well, pretty sure the secret is out that there's money to be made. 

Kids have been reaching out through back channels for quite awhile now.  Difference now is there's a $ amount on the conference call.  And now, seemingly, they're being enticed into considering a transfer.  But again, they're no dummies, and they have free will.

Gonna get uglier before it gets better, b/c a kid is going to make more money in free agency than he will to stay put.  

JT Daniels strategy.

• 1 month later...

Brian Driskell mentioned that Rudolph was to be in South Bend for a formal interview today. Perhaps ND felt that Rudolph could not act as a member of staff since his hiring is not yet official and did not want Lunsford on campus until it was.

Or perhaps Rudolph did not want Lunsford.

Or perhaps there is something else (NIL?) going on...