USC and UCLA to the Big ten

It’s all so stupid if you think about it. They all want that tv money and to choose their own destiny. Wouldn’t you think they all would want to be independent like ND?  Nothing would bring more money than dictating what you as a school truly want. Say….USC says they want to play Alabama next year in the opener.  Obviously neither team is in a conference now. Wouldn’t networks be fighting themselves for that matchup?  Couldn’t they get more bang for their buck by selling each game separately?  I don’t know. Seems like the better way to go to me if all this is is a money grab. 

32 minutes ago, tneun89 said:

Yes, I think there will end up being two super conferences (Big 10 and SEC) with ~24 members each.

My hope is that this would make life better for ND as there would effectively be a larger pool of "independents" (e.g., teams in afterthought conferences). But, I guess time will tell.

13 minutes ago, soulpatch said:

My hope is that this would make life better for ND as there would effectively be a larger pool of "independents" (e.g., teams in afterthought conferences). But, I guess time will tell.

ND running the table with all the leftovers isnt a good thing

2 minutes ago, Synoptico said:

ND running the table with all the leftovers isnt a good thing

How could you even make this fair?  You know Alabama isn’t playing Texas, Texas AM, Oklahoma, LSU, Florida etc all back to back. These teams are still going to cherry pick who plays who. ND running the table I think would still have a legitimate chance of making whatever they decide. ACC better start making moves if they don’t want to be left out. 

6 minutes ago, Rocketsan said:

We’ll be next. We better get a chair before the music stops playing… I know we’ll always be desirable but I would like to have a semblance of control…

ND can make the third super conference, the Little Sisters of the Poor. I am sure we can scoop up the likes of Rutgers, Rice, Tulsa, Kansas and maybe even the big guns like Oklahoma State. 

I feel like there was a rumble after last season about the fact that the size of the conferences was already problematic given that conference opponents don't play every year. Maybe I am dreaming. Mega conferences are going to be pushing for multiple guaranteed playoff bids if they do go and then we will really be out in the cold.

1 minute ago, EddieAngel said:

ND can make the third super conference, the Little Sisters of the Poor. I am sure we can scoop up the likes of Rutgers, Rice, Tulsa, Kansas and maybe even the big guns like Oklahoma State. 

I feel like there was a rumble after last season about the fact that the size of the conferences was already problematic given that conference opponents don't play every year. Maybe I am dreaming. Mega conferences are going to be pushing for multiple guaranteed playoff bids if they do go and then we will really be out in the cold.

Hmm. Thought here. 
what if that third conference was 

ND, Washington, Oregon, Stanford, BYU, Utah, Clemson, Miami, FSU, Okie St., Pitt, BC, North Carolina, GT, Houston. 

Call it the complete conference for all I care. But you would have a team from almost every major territory and market along with still looking very strong in the voters eyes. You would still have key rivalries along with not losing complete respect among voters. 

I guess the ACC, Pac12, and b12 could all combine conferences with ND to be that third major conference too. 

14 minutes ago, EddieAngel said:

Hmm. Thought here. 

ND, Washington, Oregon, Stanford, BYU, Utah, Clemson, Miami, FSU, Okie St., Pitt, BC, North Carolina, GT, Houston. 

Call it the complete conference for all I care. But you would have a team from almost every major territory and market along with still looking very strong in the voters eyes. You would still have key rivalries along with not losing complete respect among voters. 

I guess the ACC, Pac12, and b12 could all combine conferences with ND to be that third major conference too. 

One other thing.  Is Lincoln Riley going to go running again when he has to face Ohio Stare and the big 10 every year. He doesn’t seem to have the chest for it

23 minutes ago, coltssb said:

Hmm. Thought here. 

One other thing.  Is Lincoln Riley going to go running again when he has to face Ohio Stare and the big 10 every year. He doesn’t seem to have the chest for it

That would be awesome in my mind but I think most conference teams are wary of that level of travel. That conference would actually favor ND being centrally located. I guess BYU and Utah would enjoy similar favor but that is a ton of travel and I don't think any team in the nation but ND travels that much.

Still, that would be an awesome conference. 

Fact of the matter is if ND put out the beacon to join a conference either one of them would fall over each other to bring them on. They’re a huge national brand worth millions and millions of dollars in revenue

Edited by mcgov12