2024 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

7 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

I think it will be hard to keep Al Golden this year and I am very confident that Deland leaves. I wouldnt be surprised if Al Washington and Stuckey leave as well.

Really hope we keep Mickens though.

Don't disagree about Golden or Deland, although I'm sort of optimistic ND keeps Golden for one last year. I agree that I think Deland is gone, whether it's to be an OC somewhere or HC somewhere (likely, the MAC).

Curious as to why you think Washington and Stuckey might leave? I feel like Washington is boys with Freeman, and he really had a great season with the DL, which was a bit of a question mark heading into the year. I don't think he'd be up for a DC role anywhere, so not sure he would leave for another DL coach job somewhere. On Stuckey, I think he is a rising star, but my hunch is ND has him for at least another year or two. He is bringing in high quality recruits - the best WRs on the roster are freshman and more studs are coming in 2024. I think he'll stay to develop those guys, but I can see him having opportunities to go elsewhere. I just think he'll want to stay with the WR room that he recruited and is developing.

• Heart 2
  • Flames 1

23 minutes ago, tneun89 said:

Don't disagree about Golden or Deland, although I'm sort of optimistic ND keeps Golden for one last year. I agree that I think Deland is gone, whether it's to be an OC somewhere or HC somewhere (likely, the MAC).

Curious as to why you think Washington and Stuckey might leave? I feel like Washington is boys with Freeman, and he really had a great season with the DL, which was a bit of a question mark heading into the year. I don't think he'd be up for a DC role anywhere, so not sure he would leave for another DL coach job somewhere. On Stuckey, I think he is a rising star, but my hunch is ND has him for at least another year or two. He is bringing in high quality recruits - the best WRs on the roster are freshman and more studs are coming in 2024. I think he'll stay to develop those guys, but I can see him having opportunities to go elsewhere. I just think he'll want to stay with the WR room that he recruited and is developing.

This right here, and I completely agree!

Just now, NYGoldenDomer said:

I hope the administration throws enough money to keep everyone on board for at least one more season.  I want to see how this staff sees through everything they're building together.

I'm not sure they'll be able to hold it together, but hopefully.  Golden might not get interesting until the NFL season wraps up.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, JeffV said:

I'm not sure they'll be able to hold it together, but hopefully.  Golden might not get interesting until the NFL season wraps up.

I know this is me talking like a fan, not a coach, I'd hope they'd wanna stay where they are if they were paid accordingly.  Coaching vacancies happen every season.  There will be openings next season too.  However, I cannot fault anyone for wanting to leave for their dream job, even if its a shit job ala Clark Lea.

• Heart 1

Yes, pay them!  But a lot of younger position coaches are trying to climb up fast, so they'll take a coordinator gig when their stock is high.  ND has a number of position coaches that are really good recruiters, too.  They can cash in on that, too.  McCullough, Mickens, Stuckey.  These guys seem like they are tracking to be HC's at some point, and coordinators sooner than later.

• Flames 1

35 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

I know this is me talking like a fan, not a coach, I'd hope they'd wanna stay where they are if they were paid accordingly.  Coaching vacancies happen every season.  There will be openings next season too.  However, I cannot fault anyone for wanting to leave for their dream job, even if its a shit job ala Clark Lea.

Not always about money, about quality of life (NFL) or running your own program

10 minutes ago, Baldy said:

I guess with this addition we won’t need a Transfer Portal QB? Yes, no, maybe so? 😂

Still expect ND to go hard into the transfer portal. 

but I'll be honest, as a PWO, this pickup of Rezac is about as good as it gets, he did have D1 offers from small schools, his team was dominant over multiple years, and he threw up really good stats.

• Heart 1

21 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

Still expect ND to go hard into the transfer portal. 

but I'll be honest, as a PWO, this pickup of Rezac is about as good as it gets, he did have D1 offers from small schools, his team was dominant over multiple years, and he threw up really good stats.

Yeah, I do agree…on both accounts.

Great pickup for sure!

• 3 weeks later...

There is a US Army Bowl again. Not to be confused with the All American Bowl which once was the US Army All American Bowl. It takes place tonight. Micah Gilbert, Leonard Moore, and Bodie Kahoun are playing in it. Live stream: https://watchstadium.com/how-to-watch-the-2023-u-s-army-bowl-12-15-2023/

Other details: https://usarmybowl.com/

On 12/18/2023 at 4:01 PM, Big23Head said:

Reminder early signing day is this week, Dec. 20-22. Hopefully smooth and boring. 

I also expect a truly boring Early Signing Period... Which, in my opinion, is the best thing ND fans can hope for at this point.

• Cheers 1