2024 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

"Friday Night Lights" aka high school football will be starting soon. I expect things to be fairly quiet on the recruiting front, except for Davis Andrews, until later in the year. It will depend on how ND performs. I am excited to see how several of these current commits perform, in particular on D. ND has some kids that are settling into a position finally, putting together a second or third year of full-time football, and/or have experienced some serious physical growth. Even a player like KVA. I will post highlights in each players thread (feel free to join) and if someone new shows up it will go in this thread to start. 

Edited by Big23Head
  • Heart 3
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Big23Head said:

I updated the early enrollees (EE). 15 or the 22 commits are EEs. 

That’s a pretty high number of EE’s, isn’t it? Do you think this is a one-off or is it kind of trending that way, more EE’s each year? I seem to recall maybe 3-4 in previous years. Or I just haven’t been paying attention.

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

That’s a pretty high number of EE’s, isn’t it? Do you think this is a one-off or is it kind of trending that way, more EE’s each year? I seem to recall maybe 3-4 in previous years. Or I just haven’t been paying attention.

It has been 10+ since 2019 but this is currently the most. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

Really! I didn’t realize it was that high of a number in recent years. Thanks.

You're thinking back when they were first allowed under Weiss there was a limit of 3/year.  But after they proved successful the limit was removed and the number quickly climbed.

• Heart 1

Friday Night Lights season is underway.  I'm always thankful for free content!  SI.com / Ryan Roberts provides.  Here's a week one summary for all the ND commits that were in action.  I watched some twitter highlights and read a few threads.  A couple guys sat out while recovering from non-serious injuries.  But the early reports on almost everyone else were bigger, faster, stronger.  Seems like we're recruiting the right kinds of kids.

Bryce Young and Kyngstonn V-A look absolutely dominant.  Anthonie Knapp had at least 3 solid pancakes I found in various highlights.  Looks mobile and strong.  

I enjoyed catching up on progress for these kids since we're still 5 days out.

Link to the (short) article:  '24NDCommits-week 1

• Heart 4

Thanks for the assessments!  I've only seen limited film on most of them.  But I concur - I think you're just about dead on here from what I've seen and read.  No one I could disagree on.  Some of the lower-rated guys in the class have decent speed and a good frame to add size, and those are always in demand.  I'm really happy with how Carr, Williams, and KVA look.  Bryant Young is looking dominant, too.  Rankings going up!

'24 OL notes that I've watched, read, and heard:

Knapp is playing at 270 or so.  Added 30 lbs of good weight and strength over the year.  Looks very mobile and strong, though.  Multiple pancakes in early game cuts.  He's rising.

Styles team is 3-0 with plenty of rushing highlights he's in on.  He's coming back from off-season knee surgery looks to be moving very well.  Great frame, but doesn't jump off in film to me -  I mean, he's great, but doesn't strike me as dominant yet.  They play good football teams, too, though.  He's playing against a lot of college-bound players.

Jones is a tough read yet 1 game in.  Doesn't seem super mobile to me, but playing some both ways (run stopper DL).  His strength and size are there, for sure.

Lambert remains my favorite by a wide margin based on last seasons highlights, but haven't watched any of this year's yet as he's not committed yet.

• Leprechaun 1