2024 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

Seems like things are trending in a positive direction with Davis Andrews - 4* Safety out of Utah.  Solid player.

Will be interesting to see where this goes - I believe he is planning on going on his mission after HS before college which would mean he is really a 2026 recruit.  I am blanking on the name and don't have the energy to go look but I think we had this situation once before with a recruit and he never ended up attending ND (I could be mistaken).  

20 minutes ago, stay4awhile said:

Seems like things are trending in a positive direction with Davis Andrews - 4* Safety out of Utah.  Solid player.

Will be interesting to see where this goes - I believe he is planning on going on his mission after HS before college which would mean he is really a 2026 recruit.  I am blanking on the name and don't have the energy to go look but I think we had this situation once before with a recruit and he never ended up attending ND (I could be mistaken).  

I believe that Kahanu Kia is on mission and can be back for either 2023 or 2024 (I cannot remember). He did play his freshman year.

Chris Badger also came to ND for Spring training, went on his mission, came back for fall camp but then transferred to BYU in August before playing in any games. His situation was more depth chart related than anything else to be honest.

Edited by jbrown_9999
  • Heart 1

11 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

I believe that Kahanu Kia is on mission and can be back for either 2023 or 2024 (I cannot remember). He did play his freshman year.

Chris Badger also came to ND for Spring training, went on his mission, came back for fall camp but then transferred to BYU in August before playing in any games. His situation was more depth chart related than anything else to be honest.

Also an important note. Badgers mission was in Equador and Kia’s is in North Carolina. I also think Kia is the better player but training wise that’s a massive difference. Believe he returns at the beginning of 2024. 

Edited by Big23Head

36 minutes ago, stay4awhile said:

Crystal Balls on 247 today calling for Davis Andrews to ND from both Tom Loy and someone who looks to be a Utah/BYU beat writer.

1 hour ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Thank you - and yes Chris Badger is who I was thinking of - I forgot the exact situation, so thank you.  

1 hour ago, Big23Head said:

Also an important note. Badgers mission was in Equador and Kia’s is in North Carolina. I also think Kia is the better player but training wise that’s a massive difference. Believe he returns at the beginning of 2024. 

I remember articles about Badger and how he had to fill bags with water to lift weights. 

1 hour ago, Big23Head said:

Upcoming commitment announcements:

MA OL Guerby Lambert: before senior season

CA LB Kyngstonn Viliamu-Asa: July 23

AL LB Bradley Shaw: unknown, sounds in season/fall

UT S Davis Andrews: any time

Lambert...important recruit...not very much chatter about his decision making......if before senior season means early August that works...need some more momentum.  Not sure when school or football practice starts back up in the North East. 

5 hours ago, 1Redrum said:

Lambert...important recruit...not very much chatter about his decision making......if before senior season means early August that works...need some more momentum.  Not sure when school or football practice starts back up in the North East. 

He is an ND lean

2 hours ago, D Fence said:

Lot of hype articles on ND sites about KVA.  How are we feeling about him?  Sounds like he's at camp, shut off from contact and putting his decision in "God's hands"

Great question, feels like OSU more but maybe a Manti like moment could happen?

4 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Trying to read the tea leaves after a quick read of ND-slanted articles, my completely unbiased 🙂  prediction for KVA is ND! 

I hope you're right, but I feel like OSU is going to win this one unfortunately. Don't think it's 100% guaranteed, but that seems to be what most analysts think.

• Heart 1