2024 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

recruiting is not going poorly either (the class is hovering around #8).... Their 2024 class is just pretty much done and they are maybe after 1-2 more players. This late in the cycle, most players wont decide until after their playoffs and/or signing day. There are no rumblings of any decommitments. If the class ends as it is, I will be pretty happy; it is a very solid class.

Edited by NDhoosier
  • Heart 4

1 hour ago, NDhoosier said:

recruiting is not going poorly either (the class is hovering around #8).... Their 2024 class is just pretty much done and they are maybe after 1-2 more players. This late in the cycle, most players wont decide until after their playoffs and/or signing day. There are no rumblings of any decommitments. If the class ends as it is, I will be pretty happy; it is a very solid class.

Agree. Did they miss on some?  Absolutely. But I’m not sure a guy like Scott is really a miss. I’m not impressed by him. Also, I think they hit on a lot of areas of need.  Williams looks like an absolute stud. Carr is a qb ND has been needing for talent and depth. And so on..

• Heart 2
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

There will always be someone who drops off. Typically that can occur when a coaching change happens. I would bet the current class isnt where it ends up. We will lose someone and also add someone who is committed elsewhere. No clue who, just statistically very likely as coaching changes happen. 

• Heart 2

On 11/9/2023 at 9:54 AM, coltssb said:

Agree. Did they miss on some?  Absolutely. But I’m not sure a guy like Scott is really a miss. I’m not impressed by him. Also, I think they hit on a lot of areas of need.  Williams looks like an absolute stud. Carr is a qb ND has been needing for talent and depth. And so on..

I am not a recruiting expert but i remember reading an article many  months ago which Scott talked about his top choices. I felt after reading his assessment of his top schools that NDs chances of landing Him were slim.

2 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

Any updates on the Georgia DL they are still talking to? I know they were talking to him and some insiders are pretty optimistic about him. I have not heard any updates on him for the past week or so.

Sounds like he is sticking with UGA. As Big mentioned, it seems like ND is likely done for 2024.

• Cheers 1

The coaching changes at other schools could shake things up to add another player or two in 2024. The next 4 weeks will tell. 

The transfer portal opens Dec 4th for 30 days. The combo of the two will work together to hopefully finding solutions. 

Edited by Big23Head
  • Heart 2

On 11/21/2023 at 12:40 PM, NDhoosier said:

Early signing day is December 20th... I expect ND to have coaching changes before that day. I'm sure teams will be going after Al Golden, not really sure what he wants as he has already been HC and he got pushed back down the ladder.

Yes I live in Syracuse and I heard Golden is one of their top candidates. God only knows why anyone would want to coach at Syracuse …..besides $

• Heart 2

On 11/21/2023 at 12:40 PM, NDhoosier said:

Early signing day is December 20th... I expect ND to have coaching changes before that day. I'm sure teams will be going after Al Golden, not really sure what he wants as he has already been HC and he got pushed back down the ladder.

It is hard because there are two types of coaching changes. Once you are making, and ones you are reacting to. 

Rees didnt leave until after the new year last year. Also NFL jobs may impact a few coaches, RB and DC

15 hours ago, ND_JACK said:

Yes I live in Syracuse and I heard Golden is one of their top candidates. God only knows why anyone would want to coach at Syracuse …..besides $

Saw that he was an early candidate, but I thought I read somewhere that they were down to two finalists (Bob Chesney and Dan Mullen). So, it seems that Golden is safe for now, although I'm sure he'll be considered for other HC openings (maybe Duke?) and also the NFL.