2024 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

13 hours ago, JeffV said:

Yeah the fact that. He reclassified makes me think he's already come to a conclusion.

In November, prior to re-classifying, Humes' top 5: Alabama, Georgia, Notre Dame, Oregon and Penn State

From what I can tell from a quick google search, his four OVs in January are: Notre Dame, Penn State, Florida, and Syracuse. 

Edited by jbrown_9999

Humes does has a visit scheduled with ND, but I just do not see ND landing him...

As for the class...
QB: (A) - Carr is an absolute stud, like others have said, his floor is high and his ceiling is being a championship level QB... A+ is only reserved the generational players like Lawrence
RB: (A) - I think Young is almost a clone of Estime (big bodied RB that will just run over people) and Aneyas has a lot of similarity with Kyren. These two really are almost identical to Estime/Kyren in so many ways. I am higher on Young than I am Aneyas. I do not see either of them getting much PT in 2024 simply because they wont be needed.
WR: (A-) - You have the true 5* talent in Cam Williams that could probably play as a freshmen in limited roles until he refines his game. Gilbert is college ready now and has a high floor, I do not think his ceiling is super high, but his bust potential is extremely low as well. Saldate has speed but he will need some work, if he can perfect his route running abilities, he could be a TJ Jones type of receiver in my opinion, but Jones took awhile to break out from what I remember as well.
TE: (B-) - They wanted 2 and only got one, while I think Larsen is a solid TE, I do not see him being the #1 TE on ND at any point in his career,
OL: (B+) - I'll be honest, I am not a good evaluator of OL in general, and especially at the HS level where most of these kids are just bigger than their opponent, so I'll have to echo what others have said who know more than me. Lambert is a stud Tackle prospect. Prescod reminds me a lot of Baker, he has potential, but can he reach it? Jones seems to have moved up and impressed people his senior year, I think he could be a solid interior player. Knapp is a player that will struggle to ever see the field outside of garbage time in my opinion.

Offensive Grade - (A-) - They have some elite prospects at multiple positions, I think they failed to hit a homerun at TE while OL will depend on how a couple guys develop.
------------------
DL: (A-) - Bryce Young is a stud and even though he got a lot of love during his senior year, I still think he is underrated; the kid has all of the potential in the world to be a high draft pick caliber player. I think Sevillano will be a stout interior player for multiple years much like Cross is now. Mullins is kind of a mystery to me since he got hurt, but many who follow ND recruiting thought he would be the best out of all of the DL commits; he just never really got a chance to prove it. I think Thomas is a boom or bust type of player, he reminds me of Gobaira.
LB: (A-) - KVA is a bonafide stud at ILB (almost as touted as Manti Teo), him alone elevates the grade for this position. While not loved by the services, Kahoun was throwing up video game numbers against quality competition; while not a star, I see him as a multi-year contributor and eventual starter. Rezac is an interesting case and he has plenty of potential being an amazing athlete, he is kind of a tweener right now, but the kid reminds me of Drue Tranquill for a variety of reasons.
CB: (B+) - Neither Hobbs or Moore are true studs right now, so there is some projection with them, but these two both have the skillset, mindset, and even stats to back up their confidence. I am high on them both and think Moore could end up being like Cam Hart. I wont give this group an A simply because it is a lot of projection, but the staff went after these two hard and it seems they got who they wanted here.
S: (B) - They got the numbers, they got athletes, and they even got variety of skillsets, but all 3 are projects. Johnson is the one with the most potential by far, but he is still raw. Urlacher is the hard hitting downhill safety but can his coverage skills be elite P5 level? While Bennie-Powell is probably the most raw at his position in the entire class.

Defensive Grade (A-) - They have a couple studs in KVA and Young, they have others that many are super high on (Kahoun, the CBs, Sean, Mullins). The safety position got the numbers they wanted, but will need some time to develop.
-------------------
Overall Class (A-) - A great balance throughout the class with studs scattered throughout it. I believe the TE and Safety positions kept this class from getting a solid A...

Edited by NDhoosier
  • Heart 4

30 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

I don't get it.  His recruitment is over but he's listing dates of what I assume are his OVs?

Not gonna make it at ND if he doesn’t understand the definition of basic words…. Haha

• Laughing Leprechaun 1