2024 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

On 1/13/2023 at 4:03 PM, XanderCrews said:

I’m worried that Lambert isn’t part of this weekend’s event. He’s a high academic kid who was teammates with Traore in the ‘23 class. 

As I was reviewing the list of signed commits, I was reminded of this conversation we had almost a year ago. I'm sure our past selves would be very pleased to see ND ended up getting both Lambert and Prescod!

• Heart 1

All commits officially signed. 

Not going to lie, huge sigh of relief when KVA's NLI came in. While it seems to have been mostly been just message board rumors/overreactions to Twitter, I had some worries that Ohio State was going to make a move at the end. He is arguably the #1 commit in the class. Could make an impact early at LB.

• Leprechaun 1

42 minutes ago, tneun89 said:

All commits officially signed. 

Not going to lie, huge sigh of relief when KVA's NLI came in. While it seems to have been mostly been just message board rumors/overreactions to Twitter, I had some worries that Ohio State was going to make a move at the end. He is arguably the #1 commit in the class. Could make an impact early at LB.

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Laughing Leprechaun 1

25 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

My overall thoughts on this class (hopefully others will give input as well)

QB

MI QB CJ Carr: Fantastic pick up. Finally an upper level QB that has shown true promise. High floor and not at his ceiling. Not Trevor Lawrence but he can win a title.

RB 

TX RB Kedren Young: Love this guy. Great work ethic and better than people think/rate him IMO. Dynamic duo with Williams. Could literally be an Kyren and Audric type duo.

MO RB Aneyas Williams: Another fantastic addition. Brings the receiving and running, always grinding. Love him with or without Young.

WR

IL WR Cam Williams: ND hasn't had a WR with his ceiling in a long time. He will need a year to go from great athlete/solid receiver to great at both. The upside is very high.

NC WR Micah Gilbert: He could play in 2024. Great size and strength. He improved his game a lot this year and showed up every time he was needed. He will surprise some, love this pick up.

CA WR Logan Saldate: I want to see his wheels against better competition, but he looks the part. He has the work ethic and desire to be great, strong route runner. Three great pieces at WR. 

TE

NC TE Jack Larsen: Not your typical ND TE. He has fantastic hands and catch radius. He will be more of a big WR that is asked to block. He could be a dynamic weapon or get lost.

OL

MA OL Guerby Lambert: Great size, work ethic, and overall ability. Future starting RT most likely. 

PA OL Peter Jones: He's more athletic than he appears just looking at his build. He could be a nasty, athletic guard. 

IN OL Styles Prescod: Lower floor, but very high ceiling. If his demeanor continues to trend toward wanting to punish people he could be a starting LT. 

GA OL Anthonie Knapp: Wildcard here. He could be a fantastic pick up or one that simply cannot get enough size. I'll be curious about his true measurements, but the demeanor and athletic ability are there to be special. 

DL

TX DL Loghan Thomas: He needs weight but maybe they get another Julian Okwara, which ND needs. Potential is there. 

NC DL Bryce Young: If he continues to grow physically and mentally like he has over the last year, watch out. He will be a 3 year player and head to the NFL in the first two rounds. Love this addition. 

GA DL Cole Mullins: Lost his senior year to injury. I will be curious how he looks as an EE and he likely needs a year to fully recover and develop. The potential is there to be a very good DE.

FL DL Sean Sevillano Jr.: He needs to reshape his body and be ready to the competition level and amount of snaps. His motor and desire are there, could be a very nice piece in the middle.

LB

CA LB Kyngstonn Viliamu-Asa: 5 star, plays early and becomes a three year terror. 

VA LB Bodie Kahoun: At the least he could be a special teams wrecker like Bo Bauer. If he keeps on the path he started a little over a year ago, he could start with KVA in a couple years.

NE LB Teddy Rezac: Wildcard. Has the athletic ability and size. Can he add weight and keep it all. Can he play up to the competition. If yes, this is a steal. 

CB

TX CB Leonard Moore: Great size, plays good competition. Committed early and been very quiet since. I'm curious to hear early reports on him. I trust Mickens.

OH CB Karson Hobbs: Massive growth his senior year. Speed and instincts. He proved to be a great target by Mickens. This duo could be great like the RBs.

S

IN S Brauntae Johnson: Fantastic athlete. Is he actually a safety? If he can put the mental side together then you have true first round potential.

AZ S Kennedy Urlacher: S or LB, somewhere in between. He is undersized but his effort will be top level. At least a special teams nightmare. 

OH S Taebron Bennie-Powell: Only truly played safety one year and did well. Can he continue to grow into the SS type? I can see the potential for a very good player but it will take time. 

Overall: I love this class. I think they hit on all levels. You can see the high level potential at every position. Well balanced on O and D. Safety is my biggest concern, do any of them actually become a safety. ND missed on a big 6'4" interior DL this year. They need to find that true big boy NT, but its a strong DL class. A bunch of these guys won't turn into starters (statistically true) but I think it is hard to figure out which ones and that is a great thing for ND. The lowest ranked guys have shown the potential and have the size. 

I really like the class overall.  I really like all the skill guys on offense, we have playmakers in there.  Getting Denbrock as OC and his vision of getting players in space and letting them make plays bodes well for thus group.  Really want to see Carr's development physically, I think he has the mental acumen that runs in the family.  Also looking forward to CJ Williams seeing time, needs to be in the playbook.

On defense, I have probably been the highest on Young than anybody.  His dad is one of my all time favorites and I believe he will follow closely in the old man's footsteps.  It may be hard to keep KVA off the field, he will play a lot in '24 I suspect because he's that good and gifted athletically.

I like the OL, there is potential there, yet there shouldn't be an urgent need for early time for any of them.  Agree on missing the big interior DL.  However I can see Young be an inside/outside guy similar to how Papa was used or Mills.

I really like the overall size and athleticism for this group.  There is potential for some position switches for some ala Watts.

Edited by jessemoore97

57 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

My overall thoughts on this class (hopefully others will give input as well)

QB

MI QB CJ Carr: Fantastic pick up. Finally an upper level QB that has shown true promise. High floor and not at his ceiling. Not Trevor Lawrence but he can win a title.

RB 

TX RB Kedren Young: Love this guy. Great work ethic and better than people think/rate him IMO. Dynamic duo with Williams. Could literally be an Kyren and Audric type duo.

MO RB Aneyas Williams: Another fantastic addition. Brings the receiving and running, always grinding. Love him with or without Young.

WR

IL WR Cam Williams: ND hasn't had a WR with his ceiling in a long time. He will need a year to go from great athlete/solid receiver to great at both. The upside is very high.

NC WR Micah Gilbert: He could play in 2024. Great size and strength. He improved his game a lot this year and showed up every time he was needed. He will surprise some, love this pick up.

CA WR Logan Saldate: I want to see his wheels against better competition, but he looks the part. He has the work ethic and desire to be great, strong route runner. Three great pieces at WR. 

TE

NC TE Jack Larsen: Not your typical ND TE. He has fantastic hands and catch radius. He will be more of a big WR that is asked to block. He could be a dynamic weapon or get lost.

OL

MA OL Guerby Lambert: Great size, work ethic, and overall ability. Future starting RT most likely. 

PA OL Peter Jones: He's more athletic than he appears just looking at his build. He could be a nasty, athletic guard. 

IN OL Styles Prescod: Lower floor, but very high ceiling. If his demeanor continues to trend toward wanting to punish people he could be a starting LT. 

GA OL Anthonie Knapp: Wildcard here. He could be a fantastic pick up or one that simply cannot get enough size. I'll be curious about his true measurements, but the demeanor and athletic ability are there to be special. 

DL

TX DL Loghan Thomas: He needs weight but maybe they get another Julian Okwara, which ND needs. Potential is there. 

NC DL Bryce Young: If he continues to grow physically and mentally like he has over the last year, watch out. He will be a 3 year player and head to the NFL in the first two rounds. Love this addition. 

GA DL Cole Mullins: Lost his senior year to injury. I will be curious how he looks as an EE and he likely needs a year to fully recover and develop. The potential is there to be a very good DE.

FL DL Sean Sevillano Jr.: He needs to reshape his body and be ready to the competition level and amount of snaps. His motor and desire are there, could be a very nice piece in the middle.

LB

CA LB Kyngstonn Viliamu-Asa: 5 star, plays early and becomes a three year terror. 

VA LB Bodie Kahoun: At the least he could be a special teams wrecker like Bo Bauer. If he keeps on the path he started a little over a year ago, he could start with KVA in a couple years.

NE LB Teddy Rezac: Wildcard. Has the athletic ability and size. Can he add weight and keep it all. Can he play up to the competition. If yes, this is a steal. 

CB

TX CB Leonard Moore: Great size, plays good competition. Committed early and been very quiet since. I'm curious to hear early reports on him. I trust Mickens.

OH CB Karson Hobbs: Massive growth his senior year. Speed and instincts. He proved to be a great target by Mickens. This duo could be great like the RBs.

S

IN S Brauntae Johnson: Fantastic athlete. Is he actually a safety? If he can put the mental side together then you have true first round potential.

AZ S Kennedy Urlacher: S or LB, somewhere in between. He is undersized but his effort will be top level. At least a special teams nightmare. 

OH S Taebron Bennie-Powell: Only truly played safety one year and did well. Can he continue to grow into the SS type? I can see the potential for a very good player but it will take time. 

Overall: I love this class. I think they hit on all levels. You can see the high level potential at every position. Well balanced on O and D. Safety is my biggest concern, do any of them actually become a safety. ND missed on a big 6'4" interior DL this year. They need to find that true big boy NT, but its a strong DL class. A bunch of these guys won't turn into starters (statistically true) but I think it is hard to figure out which ones and that is a great thing for ND. The lowest ranked guys have shown the potential and have the size. 

Awesome Class. Getting that A+ QB, WR, unique TE and Tackle its hard to fault the offense. Defense you have KVA and alot of Freeman guys. Motor, athletic skill, position versatility. Corners. This is like 3 years that they play man to man. You know how big I am on man to man corners. The biggest area our pre-freeman defense struggled was outside corners who when asked couldn't play pure man coverage. If you play all zone like we used to you can almost never expect the front 7 to get home. Now that its 50/50 man vs zone the front 7 has a chance to do their jobs and Golden does not need to be worried about whether he can call a stunt or a blitz because the corners in tight coveragr keep the risk of a big play down.

• Heart 1