2024 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

I'm not feeling it with Scott now...just reading between the lines of his last couple interviews and the fact that ND doesn't get an OV, 'cause it's so easy to visit at any point'.  So now he has his next 4 weekends booked for Georgia, Michigan, Miami and Ohio State.  ND made his top 5 to appease the locals.  Doesn't seem promising.  We can't afford him, so if that's his thing, I can't blame him.  Maybe we have a chance if he holds off his commitment until fall or later, but we'll see.

ND visits over the next couple weeks look good, though.  I have my fingers crossed for Elijah Rushing, still.  Guerby Lambert would be a great add!  And this kid above, Viliamu-Asa has impressive film at LB.  Really like him.  I suppose safety is still a priority in the class, but haven't looked close at these guys yet (Andrews / Mencke).

Class seems to be shaping up nicely providing we can hold them.  But any more bad game losses this year are likely to be recruiting earthquakes for South Bend.  

24 minutes ago, D Fence said:

Feels like Dante Moore.  Even if he visits for say the OSU game, it's a bummer he missed a chance to hang out with the other commits at the spring game and during June visits.

He might visit in June just not an OV

Edited by Big23Head

He might, but he's awful busy.  3 and 4 day trips to 4 different schools.  Not sure when he would think he could shoehorn South Bend in there; and unless his plane gets diverted due to weather, no layovers in South Bend.  

The situation will be informative on ND's NIL (through official channels or not) ability to put together a compensation package on short notice.  Otherwise, this kid will be signed well before our new shoe deal.  If he decides to drive over on a random Wednesday, I'll take that as a sign that the ND  NIL machine is at least willing to consider some incentives < and if somehow this does happen, I understand fully that FUND will not be the source >.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

Scott isn't coming.  Georgia will get him IMO, allegedly his dream school.  

Behind the scenes must be interesting. 
Miami, with loads of cash and an easier path to playing, versus Georgia, with loads of cash and an opportunity to be on multiple national championship teams. Hmmm. And ND?  Well, it’s close to home, so there’s that. 

4 minutes ago, AnTostal said:

Behind the scenes must be interesting. 
Miami, with loads of cash and an easier path to playing, versus Georgia, with loads of cash and an opportunity to be on multiple national championship teams. Hmmm. And ND?  Well, it’s close to home, so there’s that. 

I've followed this for long enough to read the tea leaves, he ain't coming.  All the right things are said, close to home, academics important, Catholic education, yadayada.  Even without NIL factors I seriously doubt he would be Irish.

Kadyn Proctor from the '23 class said the same stuff.  Iowa was close to home, but he decommited to play at Bama.  I spoke with his aunt who even told me Iowa was offering even more NIL money but he still chose Bama and a chance to play for NC's and under Saban.  Iowa isn't a slouch for developing OL talent and putting them in the League, very comparable to Bama.

UGA offers a lot and is in the hunt for NC's not to mention very strong draft results for their defensive players.  ND isn't.

28 minutes ago, jessemoore97 said:

I've followed this for long enough to read the tea leaves, he ain't coming.  All the right things are said, close to home, academics important, Catholic education, yadayada.  Even without NIL factors I seriously doubt he would be Irish.

Kadyn Proctor from the '23 class said the same stuff.  Iowa was close to home, but he decommited to play at Bama.  I spoke with his aunt who even told me Iowa was offering even more NIL money but he still chose Bama and a chance to play for NC's and under Saban.  Iowa isn't a slouch for developing OL talent and putting them in the League, very comparable to Bama.

UGA offers a lot and is in the hunt for NC's not to mention very strong draft results for their defensive players.  ND isn't.

Totally agree. Seems like no way he ends up at ND. More money and better weather down south. I’d love to see him wearing blue and gold but I suspect ND will only see him in a bowl game in the future. 

• Heart 1

13 hours ago, AnTostal said:

Totally agree. Seems like no way he ends up at ND. More money and better weather down south. I’d love to see him wearing blue and gold but I suspect ND will only see him in a bowl game in the future. 

I will be curious to see how this recruitment goes. One of those watch what they do not what they say...again. I think ND is much more fine losing this one though as Scott is not a day 1 guy right now. I'd like to see him at a couple of camps and All-American game against other comp. I get wanting to lock down local high level prospects, but I do not think he is a can't miss either. 

9 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

I will be curious to see how this recruitment goes. One of those watch what they do not what they say...again. I think ND is much more fine losing this one though as Scott is not a day 1 guy right now. I'd like to see him at a couple of camps and All-American game against other comp. I get wanting to lock down local high level prospects, but I do not think he is a can't miss either. 

In zero way am I person to judge talent. But my eyes tell me this about Scott. Sure I’d love to have him and his size. But from his film, he reminds me of a dline men that I used to play high school football with…. Anyways, looks like he has an advantage on every one he plays and basically just bullies them with a quick first step and bull rush. But if the play isn’t there he kinda jogs to the ball carrier when it goes to the sideline. Be curious as you said what he would do at other camps with guys equally as strong as him where he can’t just bull rush them. 

• Heart 1

The Chicago Catholic school division is really tough to gage.  It's like a 16-team super conference with teams of all size schools.  I believe you play the 4 schools in your same division, then alternate and play other schools every so often.

A good proxy would be to see film of him playing Marist, Brother Rice or Mount Carmel, whom they are supposed to play this year. Loyola Academy is another but I don't think Ignatius played them last year. They also play schools like Marmion Academy who are much smaller and would likely have 180 pound d-limemen. Nazareth Academy (Julian Love, JJ McCarthy, etc.) are also usually on the schedule, but as good as their teams are, they are more known for their skill guys.

• Heart 1

The visitors this week should be:

June 2

TX RB Kedren Young

MA OL Guerby Lambert

IN OL Styles Prescod

TX S Paul Mencke Jr.

LA S Anthony Robinson (Camp Visit)

GA OL Anthonie Knapp [ND Verbal]

PA OL Peter Jones [ND Verbal]

June 4

IN S Brauntae Johnson