2024 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

24 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Anyone know if the ND coaching staff cooled on the Smith brothers from CT? 

I think it's a combination of things. ND is filling up on the DL with the Mullins commitment and others coming soon, so there might not be space for both anymore, but I also think they are higher on other schools, which wasn't the case a few months ago. I'd say it was probably a mutually cooling on both sides.

3 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

What is more likely? That a kid is not rated appropriately or that ND decided to take a flyer on a kid in April of 2023 for the 2024 class this far out? IMO, the fact that he played multiple positions in high school and also plays baseball makes it likely that he has been flying under the radar. Multi-sport athletes are less likely to attend football camps or play 7-on-7 so they do not get the same attention from the recruiting sites. 

I think he’s underrated. He’s a big, long, strong kid dominating some really good competition on his level. He doesn’t seem to be a kid that’s at all these camps. Probably needs a year to develop but I don’t know that I would call him a developmental project either

3 hours ago, tneun89 said:

I think it's a combination of things. ND is filling up on the DL with the Mullins commitment and others coming soon, so there might not be space for both anymore, but I also think they are higher on other schools, which wasn't the case a few months ago. I'd say it was probably a mutually cooling on both sides.

And them falling in love with the NIL offers being thrown at their feet.

6 hours ago, TexasDomer said:

@Big23Head any thoughts on that guy? I couldn’t read the article, but based on his Top 10, I would guess we’re in it.  Will be interesting to see Colorado’s recruiting though 

Jaylon Smiths cousin. ND is having trouble recruiting some Indiana kids this year due to academic requirements, I believe. Unfortunately Indiana’s class is quite solid this year. He is a maybe, time will tell. 

• Heart 4