2024 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

18 hours ago, Big23Head said:

More commitments coming in pretty short order

Crazy to think that soon we could be nearly done on offense, outside of big game hunting for a 2nd RB, Guerby Lambert and then maybe a 2nd stability-type QB if the staff decides to go that route.

17 minutes ago, 4thand1 said:

Uh oh.  Looks like Miami is going to be a serious contender for Justin Scott.  I would love to have been a fly on the wall during Scott's Miami visit. Very curious what swayed him so quickly.  

Miami is a big NIL PLAYER. 

Edited by jbrown_9999

Justin Scott has mentioned NIL in both of the interviews I've read.  He does NOT have an official visit set to ND b/c he says he has and can visit easily from Chicago.  With a Georgia official visit up next, I'm not feeling great here.  Never know, though.

https://www.newsbreak.com/chicago-il/3010608645543-select-schools-have-taken-the-lead-for-5-star-dl-justin-scott

1 hour ago, JeffV said:

Justin Scott has mentioned NIL in both of the interviews I've read.  He does NOT have an official visit set to ND b/c he says he has and can visit easily from Chicago.  With a Georgia official visit up next, I'm not feeling great here.  Never know, though.

https://www.newsbreak.com/chicago-il/3010608645543-select-schools-have-taken-the-lead-for-5-star-dl-justin-scott

If I were Justin Scott and intended to sign with Notre Dame I would save my official for a Notre Dame home game so you can be pampered every more / free hotel etc.  He can obviously swing down for cheap anytime he / his family wants. 

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, JeffV said:

I'll bet he ends up in the South somewhere.  Warm weather, maybe more NIL money than at ND (?).   Too bad for his family if that happens, I guess, but with a lot of NIL money, maybe he could buy their plane tickets to the games.

• Heart 1

Big get with Gilbert today.  Huge haul this year stacked against last year.  Impressive.

Not much remaining on O outside of an OT or two, a 2nd RB and whether they decide to add 1 more WR like Robinson.

Need to get going at LB and a few more Safeties.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, D Fence said:

Big get with Gilbert today.  Huge haul this year stacked against last year.  Impressive.

Not much remaining on O outside of an OT or two, a 2nd RB and whether they decide to add 1 more WR like Robinson.

Yes.  Guerby Lambert, please.  And I'd like Elijah Rushing and Kynstonn Viliamu-Asa to go with that!  If Justin Scott still wants to come along, I'm sure we have space. 

Isn't there a 4*+ safety from Indiana that is leaning ND, too?  I read something last month but didn't see him among defensive back targets.

As offense goes - man, CJ Carr is going to have to work his ass off to keep all these WR's happy!

5 minutes ago, D Fence said:

Hoping they take Robinson - think he would be a good get. And when was the last time ND landed a recruit from Long Beach Poly? Guessing it's been 20 years or so.

I think this class could go from solid (ranked #7-12) to near-elite (#3-6) if they close on some big targets still on the board: 5-star DL Justin Scott, 5-star Edge Elijah Rushing, 4-star OT Guerby Lambert, 4-star LB Kyngstonn Viliamu-Asa, 4-star Edge Loghan Thomas, 4-star S Marquis Gallegos, 4-star RB Kedren Young, 4-star OT Styles Prescod, among many others. 

Justin Scott is tough to read. His family is all ND, but he seems enamored with UGA and Miami. Some think ND leads, others think Miami (one crystal ball after a recent visit), and others UGA (referred to as his "dream school"). This feels like a Peyton Bowen situation to me (without the ND commitment). He's reportedly not taking an official to ND because he's close and has been many times for unofficials. I don't care how you spin it, that is not a positive. He did not make it to the Spring Game. As much as I want ND to land a 5-star from a private Catholic high school in Chicago, I think this is trending away. CJ Carr is helping here as they are close friends, but not sure it will matter in the end. But I'm more pessimistic than others (as mentioned, some insiders like ND).

A couple of 247 national insiders think ND leads for Rushing, but ND has obviously been burned by 5-star pass rushers nearly every cycle. He has an official to ND lined up in June. That will be huge. I will say - I have more confidence in ND actually getting this done since Freeman is leading the charge here. He is not as good of a prospect as Keon Keeley, but he is as close as you can get. ND needs to land him to take the next step.

Lambert is a recruit who profiles to ND (private Catholic school in Massachusetts), but it's hard to get a read here. All the heavy hitters (Georgia, LSU, Ohio State) are involved, so this will be a battle. But ND has a big need at OT given the fact that Alt is likely gone after 2023 and Fisher after 2024. Not much depth behind those guys (although, I think Wagner will be a player after another year of Balis and Co.).

Viliamu-Asa is a relatively recent addition (at least one that is being talked about more). He goes to St. John Bosco, one of the elite football high schools in the country. He named ND to his Top 3, along with USC and Ohio State. Hard to see him picking ND, but at least they have a shot.

I think ND is in good shape for Thomas and probably leads.

I don't know if ND is even at or near the top for Gallegos, but given the recent struggles recruiting at safety, ND needs to make a move.

ND coaches are visiting Young today. They have a good shot with him.

Prescod seems like he is ND's to lose. He would be a great compliment to Lambert. More developmental, but a good prospect. 

Did not list guys like Marquise Lightfoot (4-star DL from Chicago) or Brauntae Johnson (4-star S from Indiana) because it seems like ND is not able to go all in on those two guys. Read into that what you will.

• Heart 2
  • Trophy 1

Braunte Johnson - that's who I couldn't think of at Safety.  Thanks!  He's listed as an Athlete.  He's a bit of a project if they project him at S full-time, but film looks worth the investment.  Hard to take him as a receiver at this point.  Class is stacked, and Jason Robinson could add to that.

As critical as safety feels right now, I still think Schuler and Minich will develop at that position.  So overall, I feel like Rushing is priority #1, Lambert #1a to make this class elite.  Viliamu-Asa would be an important add at LB, and it seems like ND is high on his list from his comments.  But I must say that LB looks solid with the '23 class in the event we miss there. 

Let's get those Elite prospects locked down!  They're pulling great talent right now.  If there's an elephant brewing in the room, it's when some of these coaches leave for other opportunities - hopefully we don't lose too many players when they do.

• Heart 1

It is now Portal Recruiting Time for the next ~6 weeks in order to get those players in for summer camp, if any exist (Portal recruiting is actually all the time, but a focus right now). There are new evaluations occurring for the 2024 class right now as well and then ND steps into Official Visit season starting in June. 

Current visits set up, more will be coming:

June 2
TX RB Kedren Young

FL RB Anthony Carrie

TX S Paul Mencke Jr.

GA OL Anthonie Knapp [ND Verbal]

June 6
UT S Davis Andrews

June 9
AZ DL Elijah Rushing

TX DL Loghan Thomas

MD DL Jaylen Harvey