'23 FL DE Keon Keeley Decommits From ND

1 hour ago, SDIrishFan said:

According to his social media, he loves the new ND hire.

Im not saying he WILL leave, but Keon is a 5* talent and the big time offers and pressure from big time schools will come his way. If I was an opposing coach, I would be knocking on the door (figuratively) right now due to the coaching change. It allows recruits to save face if they do switch. I am just saying I want all that pressure now and for the staff (and us fans) to know whether he is solid or not.

• Heart 1

48 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

Im not saying he WILL leave, but Keon is a 5* talent and the big time offers and pressure from big time schools will come his way. If I was an opposing coach, I would be knocking on the door (figuratively) right now due to the coaching change. It allows recruits to save face if they do switch. I am just saying I want all that pressure now and for the staff (and us fans) to know whether he is solid or not.

Oh I absolutely agree. Competing for 5 ️ talent is a different ballgame.

1 hour ago, NDhoosier said:

Per the Atlantic, Freeman had Chad Bowden stop by Keon's school last Friday to "check in on him"

• Heart 1

On 12/27/2021 at 9:09 PM, NDhoosier said:

Was Michael Floyd ranked super high out of high school? He played in the NFL for awhile. Either him or Golden Tate. I didnt really follow recruiting back then though. I'll say Floyd

Yes, he was a 5* in 2008 or 2009, can't remember the year. Tate I believe was a 4* running back. 

Speaking of Clausen. I could not stand him. he looked so smug at his signing presser flashing his stupid Pop Warner rings. https://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/jimmy-clausen-rings.jpg

I smiled when somebody punched him out. 

Edited by DamshaBua
  • Poo 1

• 4 weeks later...

Keeley is now listed as a 5-star, and #14 overall by Rivals.

He is a 5-star and #4 overall by On3.

He is a 4-star and #24 overall by 247.

He is a 4-star and #33 overall by ESPN.

ND desperately needs to hang on here. It sounds like a trip to Florida is in the works, along with potentially another trip to Alabama.

• Heart 1

46 minutes ago, tneun89 said:

ND desperately needs to hang on here. It sounds like a trip to Florida is in the works, along with potentially another trip to Alabama.

This is what recruiting a 5* is like. I have not seen anything at this time indicating that he is wavering. Could just be enjoying the process as a 5* prospect.

11 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

This is what recruiting a 5* is like. I have not seen anything at this time indicating that he is wavering. Could just be enjoying the process as a 5* prospect.

Totally get wanting to take visits, especially if Alabama really wants you. So, no real concern at this moment.

However, if he has not shut it down completely by the time official visits start, i.e., if he plans to take official visits to other schools, then I would sound the alarm. From what I can gather, it seems like after last cycle and how that played out with CJ Williams and Amorion Walker, ND has told committed recruits that they can take visits to other schools (Keeley, Bowen), but ND better be the only official visit.

• Heart 2

6 minutes ago, tneun89 said:

Totally get wanting to take visits, especially if Alabama really wants you. So, no real concern at this moment.

However, if he has not shut it down completely by the time official visits start, i.e., if he plans to take official visits to other schools, then I would sound the alarm. From what I can gather, it seems like after last cycle and how that played out with CJ Williams and Amorion Walker, ND has told committed recruits that they can take visits to other schools (Keeley, Bowen), but ND better be the only official visit.

Do official visits only happen in the fall?