'23 FL DE Keon Keeley Decommits From ND

According to 24/7, if Keeley indeed plays at ND, he will be the 7th highest rated player since 2000 to do so.  

Without looking it up (and I know that's asking a lot), name 5 of the 6 rated higher who played at ND since 2000.  Try to be honest; just toss out some names.

• Leprechaun 1

1 hour ago, AnTostal said:

According to 24/7, if Keeley indeed plays at ND, he will be the 7th highest rated player since 2000 to do so.  

Without looking it up (and I know that's asking a lot), name 5 of the 6 rated higher who played at ND since 2000.  Try to be honest; just toss out some names.

Brian Clausen, Dayne Christ, Sam Young, James Aldridge, Jaylon Smith were my guesses

2 hours ago, ND4EVR said:

Ok, just remembered the great DL recruiting class they had 11 or 12 years ago with Stefan Tuitt and the guy who transferred after 1 year...so I'll say Stefan Tuitt 

Not Tuitt.
The guy who transferred is correct!  Name him…

Edited by AnTostal

5 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

Was Michael Floyd ranked super high out of high school? He played in the NFL for awhile. Either him or Golden Tate. I didnt really follow recruiting back then though. I'll say Floyd

That’s it!

The list, in order:

Clausen, Smith, Te’o, Young, Lynch, Floyd, Keeley. 

• Heart 1

53 minutes ago, ND_JACK said:

There was a couple of defense linemen. One kid was an absolute beast and transferred back to Florida somewhere and played in pros. The other I think his name was Williams and he was from NY state. Those are my guesses 

Ishaq Williams had a little lower 24/7 rating (.9888) than Keeley (.9894).  Aaron Lynch (.9947) is one of the 6 players rated higher than Keeley.  Dayne Crist was just behind Williams (.9886).

• Heart 1

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Irish-scoop said:

Any feelers out there about his upcoming visit to Alabama?   Makes me a little nervous 

I'm going to laugh when Bama starts to go down or Saban retires and one of these kids loses what he thought he was going to get.  Father time is undefeated.  I haven't seen a great coach who doesn't call it quits end on his own terms.  From Bowden, Lou, Spurrier, to Hayes, something gets them in the end.  Saban is also 70.  This is about the year when i've seen coaches start to decline.  Look at Belichek yesterday.  Blow-out city.  I'll be keeping an eye on Saban and Bama the 3 years.