Worst thing as a ND fan...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks ;)

Just a few come to mind.

Faust’s last game

Losing to Syracuse and Navy the same year and watching Weis walk off. I knew he was a dead man walking. You could see the tears in his eyes.

I won’t say his name but the “rape incident.”

I was in high school and a virgin in 1993. I was invited to go to a road trip & college party with some friends, but turned them down to watch the ND vs Boston College game. 2 of them lost their virginity on that trip while I watched ND lose and I didn’t lose my virginity for another 13 months.

Winning the game @ #2 FSU in 2014 and then having it be robbed away from us by the refs when the FSU player grabbed our receiver at the line of scrimmage.

First of all, even if our guy was blocking their guy that NEVER gets called. Let alone in the final 30 seconds of game.

Second, if you watch closely, their guy grabs our guy first!!

We beat them. Jameis Winston is a trash human being as well.

Runner-up: getting smoked by Michigan last time we played them and that miracle win they had against us in like 2015 or whatever.

Matt Lovecchio and the O not being able to get across the 50 yard line until late in the 3rd quarter against the Beavers in the Fiesta Bowl after our team was talking mad trash.

Really just that entire Fiesta Bowl.. I think 2001

Every Fiesta bowl

Every Fiesta bowl

Yes but that was a unique lopsided loss where the scoreboard actually looked better than the production on the field. We looked like a pee wee team playing a varsity team.

Ok Check these next three out:

Lou Holtz losing to Northwestern and Air Force in the same year.

Brian Kelly losing his team twice in 2014 and 2016.. They quit on him.

My first game in ND stadium we lose to USC 48-14 after trading 2 touchdowns a piece the Trojans ratted off 34 straight. I forget the year but early 2000s.

I was in high school and a virgin in 1993. I was invited to go to a road trip & college party with some friends, but turned them down to watch the ND vs Boston College game. 2 of them lost their virginity on that trip while I watched ND lose and I didn’t lose my virginity for another 13 months.

I was at that game as well. My very first ND game, sitting in the south end zone in my grandfather's row of seats he had held onto since the late 40s. I still vividly recall the emotional letdown after that FG sailed through the uprights.

I was also at the 2005 USC game under the lights. Ugh.

I went to many games in between and afterward but these two games stick out to me as being the worse thing to live though as an ND fan. Complete emotional deflation walking out of the stadium.

Let's see...

Born in 1989. Was at the 1995 Northwestern game (don't really remember it, though). My first real memory inside ND stadium was the 2005 Bush Push game. I attended the 2007 Navy game. I was a student for the 2009 UCONN game, the 2010 Tulsa game, and the 2011 South Florida game. I went to both Georgia games in 2017 and 2019. I was at the Cotton Bowl in 2018. I also went to the Michigan game in 2019.

I'd say it's been pretty rough being a Notre Dame fan for my entire life.

2 worsts...

1) Loss to Boston College in '93. Was my freshman year.

2) Bush push game. Was the first game that I got my wife to really get into a game. She was yelling and screaming at the TV with me throughout the game. For a week later, I had a pit in my stomach and felt like crap.

But, the Bush-Push game was a good turning point for me. I realized that I was taking it way too seriously. I took a different attitude of allowing myself to intensely get into a game, during the game. But, when the game was over, I must be able to move on with a smile on my face. Sports are supposed to be fun.