Irish ladies will dominate and repeat

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if ND starts the game slow against UConn then im not sure ND would stand a chance. get the offense rolling and try to get enough stops on defense.

ND's problem is, if their shots aren't falling, they compound the problem by getting out of the offense and playing a lot of 1 on 1. Mabrey and Arike are two of the main offenders. UCONN never does this. The other is that the defense gives up a lot of wide open 3 point shots. ND needs a good shooting night from the get go and a better 3 point defense.

Another unusual problem is that Katie Lou Samuelson is the one player who is a bit of a mismatch for Jackie Young. Usually, Young's speed and size bother other teams, but Samuelson is a problem for her. She can't post her up, or get that mid range jumper. They're going to play her like they did earlier in the season with Samuelson on her man to man. They recognize that we go as far as Young goes and she must be neutralized. She is our most consistent player.

We can win if we (particularly Arike) play a consistently good game and Young holds her own against Samuelson. We need to pound it in the paint with Turner and Shepard and try to get them in foul trouble. I think Turner is better today than she was at the beginning of the season. So, she needs to have a great game. I expect Shepard to play her usual outstanding game. Mabrey is our biggest weakness and UCONN is going to look to exploit her on both ends of the court.

Their weakness is that they only have one true big- Collier- and if Samuelson is off they can't rely on Walker to pick up the slack. I expect we'll guard Williams differently, or at least I hope so. We barely guarded her in December and she got tons of open looks. She's one of those players that if we give her easy three point shots, she's gonna hit them. Dangerfield keeps them in their offense and is a good game manager who can knock down big shots.

This is going to be a very tough game and the more disciplined team is going to win. It would be great if we put out a tremendous effort on defense all game long. We tend to slack off at times and good teams don't miss shots.

Muffet needs to be suspended for setting up our university for a sex discrimination lawsuit. Jesus her fundamental misunderstanding of the Constitution is outrageous... I’m not calling for her firing because I think the problem today is a lack of forgiveness and the absence of the opportunity for self-reflection and penenance, but she needs to learn a lesson - regardless of her views, she has to live within the law and not get our school sued based on her own damned ignorance. What an embarrassment...

Muffet needs to be suspended for setting up our university for a sex discrimination lawsuit. Jesus her fundamental misunderstanding of the Constitution is outrageous... I’m not calling for her firing because I think the problem today is a lack of forgiveness and the absence of the opportunity for self-reflection and penenance, but she needs to learn a lesson - regardless of her views, she has to live within the law and not get our school sued based on her own damned ignorance. What an embarrassment...

Lolololololololol

Couple of dumb plays at the end really hurt. Botched alley oop, Arike dribbling off her leg and then I think we missed at least 4 free throws down the end.

Nice comeback, even though it was with Cox out.

That was a good team. Imagine if they had a 3 point shooter...

Couple of dumb plays at the end really hurt. Botched alley oop, Arike dribbling off her leg and then I think we missed at least 4 free throws down the end.

Nice comeback, even though it was with Cox out.

That was a good team. Imagine if they had a 3 point shooter...

They went to the three pointer too often, too early and yeah. Cox going down is probably the main reason ND crawled back into it and made it a game.

If ND had just a hair over 40% FG percentage, they win this game. Awful shooting, shot selection, awful in the paint. They leaned too much on Arike in the first half too and she was cold.

agree. ND started the game shooting just 1 of 13 and 28% shooting in the first half, this lost ND the game. the second half was played pretty even the whole way. also the 3 missed free throws late in the game also hurt as well. ND had a chance to win but just couldn't hold on.