Irish ladies will dominate and repeat

Another loss, another reason why they won’t even make the final 4.

I will be very surprised if Nixon or Prohaska see the floor in the tournament. They are clearly not ready to perform at this level yet and no improvement is showing as the season goes on.

I suspect in the tournament MM will rotate Young/Mabrey/Arike and Shepard/Turner/Vaughn.

I have no idea why Patterson doesn't see the floor more. She is much more ready to compete than Nixon or Prohaska and they could use her with one big instead of two like last year's lineup with Westbeld. Turner has been a big disappointment and is way too soft for someone her size, but MM doesn't seem to be looking at a lineup with only one big and someone like Patterson.

The biggest wild card is Arike, who has the potential to dominate games, but often doesn't play hard the entire game. If she does in the tournament, she could fuel a NC run again. We'll see.

Edited by Frankus

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be very surprised if Nixon or Prohaska see the floor in the tournament. They are clearly not ready to perform at this level yet and no improvement is showing as the season goes on.

I suspect in the tournament MM will rotate Young/Mabrey/Arike and Shepard/Turner/Vaughn.

I have no idea why Patterson doesn't see the floor more. She is much more ready to compete than Nixon or Prohaska and they could use her with one big instead of two like last year's lineup with Westbeld. Turner has been a big disappointment and is way too soft for someone her size, but MM doesn't seem to be looking at a lineup with only one big and someone like Patterson.

The biggest wild card is Arike, who has the potential to dominate games, but often doesn't play hard the entire game. If she does in the tournament, she could fuel a NC run again. We'll see.

It’s been a horrible season imo so far. Even, some of the games they win, they’re not pretty. But, I’ve always haven’t been a huge Muffet fan, but after last year I can’t say anything. Imo, Turner shouldn’t be starting. But, Vaughn isn’t going to help much either ??*♂️

Imo, Turner shouldn’t be starting. But, Vaughn isn’t going to help much either ??*♂️

Here's the big's performance in the Miami game:

Miami

Hof: 21 points, 13 rebounds

Mompremier: 18 points, 12 rebounds

ND

Shepard: 17 points, 17 rebounds

Turner: 5 points, 4 rebounds

Remember, Turner is 6'3". :frown:

Teams with physical bigs have figured out how to beat ND. Pound the boards, play physical and face guard Arike and Mabrey. MM needs to get someone else besides Shepard who is willing to be physical. If she has to light a fire under Turner, she better do it now. If Turner can't do it, she better find somebody who will.

Here's the big's performance in the Miami game:

Miami

Hof: 21 points, 13 rebounds

Mompremier: 18 points, 12 rebounds

ND

Shepard: 17 points, 17 rebounds

Turner: 5 points, 4 rebounds

Remember, Turner is 6'3". :frown:

Teams with physical bigs have figured out how to beat ND. Pound the boards, play physical and face guard Arike and Mabrey. MM needs to get someone else besides Shepard who is willing to be physical. If she has to light a fire under Turner, she better do it now. If Turner can't do it, she better find somebody who will.

Thing is b4 Turner got hurt she would normally rebound 10 a game. So, not sure where that went?

Thought it was interesting that during today's FSU game Kara Lawson compared ND to the Golden State Warriors, biding it's time till the tournament. Arike showed what she can do when she rebounds and defends and plays hard all game long. She is unstoppable when she plays hard in all phases of the game and feeds the entire team with energy, assists and points. Anybody discounted ND's ability to win it all is deluding themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching them play Cuse right now. One thing that has seemed odd to me this year (might have always been this way but don’t remember it annoying me) is why in the world are all 5 starters in the game when we are up 20 plus in 3rd. Get these young kids some time. There is no bench and she needs to build it quick - probably too late now. At least she should be resting their legs.

Watching them play Cuse right now. One thing that has seemed odd to me this year (might have always been this way but don’t remember it annoying me) is why in the world are all 5 starters in the game when we are up 20 plus in 3rd. Get these young kids some time. There is no bench and she needs to build it quick - probably too late now. At least she should be resting their legs.

Why? Normally I'd be with you, but We know these girls have the legs. Remember last year? These girls are all energizer bunnies!

I agree, because we all know this team will be awful next year. So, why not get the young girls time?

I agree, because we all know this team will be awful next year. So, why not get the young girls time?

I think Muffet is turning to her tournament rotation. The ACC Tournament final, which in all probability is ND-Louisville to determine who the #1 seed in Chicago will be- is in 10 days. So, it makes sense to me that she's going to a 7 man rotation with 1 guard (Prohaska) and one big (Vaughn) being the rotation.

As for next year: Unless Young stays and there's a major high quality transfer like Shepard, it's gonna be a rebuilding year.

• 2 weeks later...

If the women had two high quality subs I would say nobody is going to beat us in the NCAA tournament. However, too many times we'll look great and get up 20, two subs will come in and our lead will be cut by 10 points,the starters come back in and it's quickly back up to 20 and beyond. The lack of quality subs is our Achilles heal.

If the women had two high quality subs I would say nobody is going to beat us in the NCAA tournament. However, too many times we'll look great and get up 20, two subs will come in and our lead will be cut by 10 points,the starters come back in and it's quickly back up to 20 and beyond. The lack of quality subs is our Achilles heal.

Exactly, why this team doesn’t win 10 games next year.

Exactly, why this team doesn’t win 10 games next year.

I think they'll win more than 10 games if Young returns and be in the top 1/3 of the ACC if Brunelle is elite and we get a high quality transfer like Shepard is, but the only underclassman besides Young on the roster who looks like she has elite upside is Patterson and that is only if her intensity picks up. If we win it all again, we may quickly get back to elite status with a great 2020 recruiting class. Who wouldn't want to play at ND? They really have a wide open offensive game and Muffet is a great offensive coach.

Edited by Frankus

I think a lot of the girls we have gotten in have been elite recruits, she just didn't get them any time as we have 5 WNBA players on the roster. Hopefully then can pick it up next year and the 2019 class is as good as advertised.

I think a lot of the girls we have gotten in have been elite recruits, she just didn't get them any time as we have 5 WNBA players on the roster. Hopefully then can pick it up next year and the 2019 class is as good as advertised.

There's no way Prohaska is an elite recruit. Today has been typical. She came in and Louisville went right at her and took her to school. Nixon has been a major disappointment. She looks slow and overweight.

There's no way Prohaska is an elite recruit. Today has been typical. She came in and Louisville went right at her and took her to school. Nixon has been a major disappointment. She looks slow and overweight.

The girl from Indiana is the only good recruit. Sucks because technically all 4 of the freshman are top 100 players. I’m sorry but 3 of them are not top 100 lol.

I think they'll win more than 10 games if Young returns and be in the top 1/3 of the ACC if Brunelle is elite and we get a high quality transfer like Shepard is, but the only underclassman besides Young on the roster who looks like she has elite upside is Patterson and that is only if her intensity picks up. If we win it all again, we may quickly get back to elite status with a great 2020 recruiting class. Who wouldn't want to play at ND? They really have a wide open offensive game and Muffet is a great offensive coach.

Only, chance is if Young comes back. Even, if that happens hopefully she gets a couple of 5th years.

The girl from Indiana is the only good recruit. Sucks because technically all 4 of the freshman are top 100 players. I’m sorry but 3 of them are not top 100 lol.

Both Geno and Muffet say there's cheating going on. I know ND won't do it. We need some really good grad transfers.