Irish ladies will dominate and repeat

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The girl from Indiana is the only good recruit. Sucks because technically all 4 of the freshman are top 100 players. I’m sorry but 3 of them are not top 100 lol.

Lol! These freshmen suck. Really? "Nixon go in next to young, arike and marina." "Don't worry about it. Just do your thing." Lol. These freshmen had a hard time meshing with the seniors on the court. Those girls built an extremely close bond last year during that run after the Tenn. game. it was just 6 of them and sometimes 5. I could see where you would be on eggshells on the court with those girls as a freshman.

Cut these girls some slack. They will be good. They are going to be able to open up and play their game next year. This is going to be their team. They have some intriguing talent between peoples, brunnell, nixon, and gilbert. Cosgrove and Prohaska will take a little more time to develop I think but will be good tough blue collar players. Prohaska is here because Muffet saw her teams getting soft. She is a throw back player. She reminds me so much of mallory and Novosel.

Lol! These freshmen suck. Really? "Nixon go in next to young, arike and marina." "Don't worry about it. Just do your thing." Lol. These freshmen had a hard time meshing with the seniors on the court. Those girls built an extremely close bond last year during that run after the Tenn. game. it was just 6 of them and sometimes 5. I could see where you would be on eggshells on the court with those girls as a freshman.

Cut these girls some slack. They will be good. They are going to be able to open up and play their game next year. This is going to be their team. They have some intriguing talent between peoples, brunnell, nixon, and gilbert. Cosgrove and Prohaska will take a little more time to develop I think but will be good tough blue collar players. Prohaska is here because Muffet saw her teams getting soft. She is a throw back player. She reminds me so much of mallory and Novosel.

I think it's a lot easier to win if you have a starting 5 with these kind of recruiting rankings:

Brianna Turner - #2

Jessica Shepard - #3

Arike Ogunbowale - #10

Jackie Young - #11

Marina Mabrey - #24

They may have bonded last year, but it's a lot easier to bond when you have superior talent, which they have over 95% (if not all) of the teams they play.

Now, let's look at next year:

Samantha Brunelle - #4 (True freshman)

Jackie Young - #11 (If she returns)

Katlyn Gilbert- #27 (Coming off an injury)

Danielle Patterson - #30

Jordan Nixon- #38

Mikayla Vaughn - #56

Abby Prohaska- #71

Without a tremendous talent coming in as a transfer, this is a 4th seed talent. If Young doesn't return, it will be a 6-8 seed team if not a bubble team.

Edited by Frankus

I think it's a lot easier to win if you have a starting 5 with these kind of recruiting rankings:

Brianna Turner - #2

Jessica Shepard - #3

Arike Ogunbowale - #10

Jackie Young - #11

Marina Mabrey - #24

They may have bonded last year, but it's a lot easier to bond when you have superior talent, which they have over 95% (if not all) of the teams they play.

Danielle Patterson - #30

Jordan Nixon- #38

Mikayla Vaughn - #56

Abby Prohaska- #71

Without a tremendous talent coming in as a transfer, this is a 4th seed talent. If Young doesn't return, it will be a 6-8 seed team if not a bubble team.

Clearly, this other dumb nut hasn’t watched a game all year lol. You are totally correct, 2019-20 might not even make the tourney!

Mallory and Natalie could shoot very well, I have not seen one thing from Abby that leads me to believe she can.

Clearly, this other dumb nut hasn’t watched a game all year lol. You are totally correct, 2019-20 might not even make the tourney!

Lol! You crack me up. You are clearly a big ND fan, but every post you have about ND sports "The Sky is falling." Someone tries to talk with a little sensibility and you result to name calling. Yes, Mallory and Novosel were good shooters. Who is to say Prohaska won't be. That is clearly not her role on this team. When it is her role, she might surprise you.

Brianna Turner - #2

Jessica Shepard - #3

Arike Ogunbowale - #10

Jackie Young - #11

Marina Mabrey - #24

Danielle Patterson - #30

Jordan Nixon- #38

Mikayla Vaughn - #56

Abby Prohaska- #71

My point of the bonding comment was to say that I'm sure its been hard and a lot of pressure on the younger girls to come in play with the seniors. They may be pressing and playing tight not exactly knowing their role or afraid of making a mistake. Mabry especially seems like a girl that might be tough to play with if you are not totally on the same page. So, I think the younger girls will be better than they are showing this year. Their development is just starting.

I don't think anywhere in my last post I conveyed anywhere close to final 4 expectations next year, but I certainly don't think they will suck.

Edited by Domers23

My point of the bonding comment was to say that I'm sure its been hard and a lot of pressure on the younger girls to come in play with the seniors. They may be pressing and playing tight not exactly knowing their role or afraid of making a mistake.

Yeah, but that doesn't explain how badly Prohaska and Nixon get beat off the dribble due to slow foot speed. Abby came in against Lousiville and they went right at her knowing they could dribble right past her. That's not knowing her role, that's a lack of athleticism.

Yeah, but that doesn't explain how badly Prohaska and Nixon get beat off the dribble due to slow foot speed. Abby came in against Lousiville and they went right at her knowing they could dribble right past her. That's not knowing her role, that's a lack of athleticism.

You are right the game is too fast for them right now. The inexperience shows, but again they are freshmen and have some ability to work with. I'm not ready to write them off just yet.

Exactly, there’s only been a small amount of her freshman that didn’t seem to get it. I guess it sucks when 3/4 seem slow to the game. Also, not sure about Gilbert, didn’t see enough of her, and was always hurt. I wish Muffet would of recruited more top talent for next year. If this team can somehow win again, who wouldn’t want to play here?

Exactly, there’s only been a small amount of her freshman that didn’t seem to get it. I guess it sucks when 3/4 seem slow to the game. Also, not sure about Gilbert, didn’t see enough of her, and was always hurt. I wish Muffet would of recruited more top talent for next year. If this team can somehow win again, who wouldn’t want to play here?

I totally agree. It hurts that Ali Patberg transferred, but she needs to get an Arike like, athletic guard.

Patberg got hurt again this year. Thankfully she left but, she could have been special minus the injuries.

Patberg averaged 16.0 points, 4.7 assists, 5.0 rebounds and 1.1 steals this year. Despite her injury, she was named to the 2019 All-Big Ten Tournament team. I'd feel much more confident having her spell the guards than Prohaska. There's no comparison in talent. We may not win it all due to our lack of a substitute ball handler and defender. It is our Achilles heal.

Patberg averaged 16.0 points, 4.7 assists, 5.0 rebounds and 1.1 steals this year. Despite her injury, she was named to the 2019 All-Big Ten Tournament team. I'd feel much more confident having her spell the guards than Prohaska. There's no comparison in talent. We may not win it all due to our lack of a substitute ball handler and defender. It is our Achilles heal.

This team reminds me of Golden State lol. 5 great starters but that’s about it.

• 2 weeks later...