Republican Nomination 2016

OKCIrish99

If it comes down to Clinton and Trump, there will be Independents and Moderate Democrats voting for Trump.

Between Obama and Hillary, can we come up with one good thing that he has done for OUR country?

Moderate Dems will not vote for Trump. Nor will most latinos, blacks, jews, muslims, women... the list goes on.

Hillary is a horrible candidate who could have been beaten by anybody but Trump. He is a big underdog.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moderate Dems will not vote for Trump. Nor will most latinos, blacks, jews, muslims, women... the list goes on.

Hillary is a horrible candidate who could have been beaten by anybody but Trump. He is a big underdog.

I'd normally agree with you on this. But my parents who have been democrats for as long as I was born, voted for Trump last night. They Said they don't trust Hillary.

Hillary is already falling to Trump's tactics too. Just like the other candidates did. Said he's a bully etc. People don't want to hear that. They don't want somebody that's weak-minded, whoa is me. He called me a name. She needs to be tough. She needs to take on Trump. Submit your taxes, Trump University, who's paying for that wall(details), how will you deal with Russia and the Middle East. China and free trade(details again, not talking points), hammer him like Trump did Cruz -he's just saying whatever he can to be president. No real or feasible solutions. I don't think Hillary will do that. I think she might get gobbeled up and expect people to feel sorry for her. if this were Bill, Trump would lose decisively. But it's not. To bad too. Hopefully, neither one of these two puts this country into a dilemma that we can't get out of.

I'd normally agree with you on this. But my parents who have been democrats for as long as I was born, voted for Trump last night. They Said they don't trust Hillary.

Hillary is already falling to Trump's tactics too. Just like the other candidates did. Said he's a bully etc. People don't want to hear that. They don't want somebody that's weak-minded, whoa is me. He called me a name. She needs to be tough. She needs to take on Trump. Submit your taxes, Trump University, who's paying for that wall(details), how will you deal with Russia and the Middle East. China and free trade(details again, not talking points), hammer him like Trump did Cruz -he's just saying whatever he can to be president. No real or feasible solutions. I don't think Hillary will do that. I think she might get gobbeled up and expect people to feel sorry for her. if this were Bill, Trump would lose decisively. But it's not. To bad too. Hopefully, neither one of these two puts this country into a dilemma that we can't get out of.

Your last sentence is true. Unfortunately we've been dealing with idiots for two decades now and there is no end in sight! Is this really the best America has to offer?! To me it's an incredibly sad indictment on our culture and state of affairs.

Your last sentence is true. Unfortunately we've been dealing with idiots for two decades now and there is no end in sight! Is this really the best America has to offer?! To me it's an incredibly sad indictment on our culture and state of affairs.

True. But I'm not sure how this country would handle another economic collapse. Another 9/11. A Stock market crash etc. it feels like a different time then, say, even ten years ago.

The latest pols differ from what you have just said.

At least 50% of women will vote for trump (latest Polls) and Trump has been a friend of the Jews. Obama has thrown them under the bus and even signed an agreement to support Iran if the Jews attack them.

Trump said that he will tear up the agreement the first day he is in office.

Most see Hillary for what she is.

The latest pols differ from what you have just said.

At least 50% of women will vote for trump (latest Polls) and Trump has been a friend of the Jews. Obama has thrown them under the bus and even signed an agreement to support Iran if the Jews attack them.

Trump said that he will tear up the agreement the first day he is in office.

Most see Hillary for what she is.

Everything you just posted is outright duck tales. Everything. Except Hilary is what she is. But you should still be ashamed for lying. And you should never associate Jews from Israel which I assume those are the ones you are referring to attacking Iran and American Jewish pop that have voting rights here. Jewish folks are historically far liberal and vote dem while Israel Jewish pop are very conservative.

Edited by Jim2Dokes

Because I'm not educated on all your politics, how much control and power does the US president actually have? Can his wacky ideas be shot down in congress or senate or...apology for my ignorance...

yes, congress and senate need to have majority for most major bills. Which GOP appears to be worried about too as they may lose all branches since Trump is nominee. They may be floating a third party repub to run, I doubt they will but looking into it so they don't lose the whole government.

Because I'm not educated on all your politics, how much control and power does the US president actually have? Can his wacky ideas be shot down in congress or senate or...apology for my ignorance...

If you are referring to Trump as the president, then yes some of his wacky ideas can be shot down by the other branches. He's not going to have carte Blanche when he comes in, even if Congress is still controlled in both houses by the GOP. Remember there are still quite a few Republicans who aren't fans of him or his ideas.

Like anything, the President no matter what party, can promise the moon when it comes to growing the economy, lowering taxes, blah blah blah when it's election time. They aren't the maker of the laws or decide what is or isn't Constitutional that still belongs to Congress and SCOTUS.

I'm curious about some of your claims. How will free college reduce crime? I fully understand the correlation between crime and income level.

How does free college increase innovation and performance? How is it that we create a more educated society?

I don't understand how the GOP/conservatives want an uneducated, poor, and angry population please explain this concept to me. I see billions upon billions of dollars going to the social welfare programs, supported by the Democrats, that have shown no proof of resolving income and educational disparities, and in fact the problem has gotten considerably worse over time.

Plus, 20 year degrees. I can see students enrolling in college that had never considered it before.

After promising a free education, who is going to tell them that they don't qualify for an education.

Free college reduces crime? No, but you might have smarter criminals.

If you are referring to Trump as the president, then yes some of his wacky ideas can be shot down by the other branches. He's not going to have carte Blanche when he comes in, even if Congress is still controlled in both houses by the GOP. Remember there are still quite a few Republicans who aren't fans of him or his ideas.

Like anything, the President no matter what party, can promise the moon when it comes to growing the economy, lowering taxes, blah blah blah when it's election time. They aren't the maker of the laws or decide what is or isn't Constitutional that still belongs to Congress and SCOTUS.

Also, has the Supreme Court justice been confirmed? I don't think it has. So, if it gets delayed, then either candidate would have their choice on who they want. That could change some key issues in the country. Roe vs Wade etc. But, I don't think it can be delayed that long.

Plus, 20 year degrees. I can see students enrolling in college that had never considered it before.

After promising a free education, who is going to tell them that they don't qualify for an education.

I could argue hat it gives lower income families a chance to have a better life. As opposed to thinking drug dealing is a trade.

Not that I agree with Sanders' free education, but education costs have gotten out of control. 60,000 in debt when you graduate and still can't find a job is a hard pill to swallow. Or Don't go to college and get passed by with people that do have degrees. It's a no win situation right now.

Instead of giving an education away, require the students to join an expanded national guard for 6 years to provide services for huge storms, crowd control and whatever uses we can find for them. Deploy them to places like Haiti in mass to help cleanup and get services restored. Then have something for the people who aren't college bound and teach them a trade and then give them practical experience.

There would be some good side affects too, being a military operations would really be the kick in the you know what that a lot of youngsters need. They could actually see tragedy and feel for others.

I could argue hat it gives lower income families a chance to have a better life. As opposed to thinking drug dealing is a trade.

Not that I agree with Sanders' free education, but education costs have gotten out of control. 60,000 in debt when you graduate and still can't find a job is a hard pill to swallow. Or Don't go to college and get passed by with people that do have degrees. It's a no win situation right now.

The win is to increase minimum wage.

Instead of giving an education away, require the students to join an expanded national guard for 6 years to provide services for huge storms, crowd control and whatever uses we can find for them. Deploy them to places like Haiti in mass to help cleanup and get services restored. Then have something for the people who aren't college bound and teach them a trade and then give them practical experience.

There would be some good side affects too, being a military operations would really be the kick in the you know what that a lot of youngsters need. They could actually see tragedy and feel for others.

I am a big fan of the idea of compulsory service. Given the huge number of benefits to serving I am always surprised at the people who don't. I am not going to say the time I spent in the service was the best time of my life, but it was certainly worthwhile.

I am a big fan of the idea of compulsory service. Given the huge number of benefit serving I am always surprised at the people who don't. I am not going to say the time I spent in the service was the best time of my life, but it was certainly worthwhile.

My cousin is a doctor and he had the bulk of his medical bills paid by spending a few years practicing in Appalachia. There are options to aid school cost.

It happens a lot now, or rather exploiting the system. We see a number of "students" at our local Jr. College, who are milking all the free money given to them by the government to attend school. The problem is they aren't attending, and are bilking the system for basically free room and board while they are considered enrolled. There is so very little oversight to some of these programs, like many social welfare programs, that they are constantly being exploited and aren't living up to the reasons they were established. It's throwing money down the crapper, which unfortunately the government is great at doing.

Also, has the Supreme Court justice been confirmed? I don't think it has. So, if it gets delayed, then either candidate would have their choice on who they want. That could change some key issues in the country. Roe vs Wade etc. But, I don't think it can be delayed that long.

The justice hasn't been nominated yet. Frankly every time a justice leave and is replaced, ther shouldn't have to be a monumental shift in the legal interpretations of the laws in this country. If anything the SCOTUS has screwed up a lot of things in this country with poor decisions because of the partisan politics associated with the nominees and their political views brought to the table in their decision making. If anything the court has too much power deciding the lives of people in this country, and last I checked these nine people aren't infallable.

If anyone gets a chance and wants to read or listen to the guy, research Ben Shapiro. The guy makes a lot of sense in his arguments and presents them well IMO. He has a number of YouTube videos where he gives speeches to various groups around the country and there are many interviews etc too. I just watched one with him and Dave Rubin discussing topics and it was a pretty good exchange between a liberal and conservative without resorting/devolving into the typical name calling BS.

My cousin is a doctor and he had the bulk of his medical bills paid by spending a few years practicing in Appalachia. There are options to aid school cost.

That is money earned right there. Practicing in that region must suck. Between the coal mining, fried foods, morbid obesity, everyone smokes, and prescription medication abuse I can imagine a doctor would want to skip out sooner than later.