Republican Nomination 2016

OKCIrish99

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really should. It is bad stuff and the vast majority of it is complete hocus pocus.

Plus he has probably already changed his mind on what you thought you agreed with him on in the first place. He was a joke but now he is so out there he is actually now ranking as a threat to global stability!!

Trump says what die-hard conservatives want to hear, the problem is that some of those ideas are unethical and the little fact that he does not have a valid plan for any of the ideas his supporters agree with him on. He is playing to the emotions of Americans right now and that is why he has the big numbers. I truly fear for our country if Trump becomes president and his high numbers scare me.

Trump says what die-hard conservatives want to hear, the problem is that some of those ideas are unethical and the little fact that he does not have a valid plan for any of the ideas his supporters agree with him on. He is playing to the emotions of Americans right now and that is why he has the big numbers. I truly fear for our country if Trump becomes president and his high numbers scare me.

Ignoring all the racist, xenophobic rhetoric he spouts for a moment like you said - what else is there?

He has no real policies other than to shout slogans and whip up a frenzy. China? Yeah, we're going to **** those guys!! And Mexico is going to pay for that wall!!

How Donald are you going to even the trade deficit with China and return manual labor jobs to the US? Are you going to import Mexicans to work for $2 per hour to sew those shoes together through a secret underground tunnel?

You can't make up some of the things he says for fear of being put in an mental asylum yet he has half the country eating out of his hand. It has opened up this huge festering sore which has highlighted an ugly, ugly part of society that could be a social divide for years to follow. He is a dangerous man.

And don't get me started on how stupid you must be to believe he can make any of these things happen. Wtf would Mexico pay $20 billion for an immigration defense foe US? Agh...

Fear for the world...

Ignoring all the racist, xenophobic rhetoric he spouts for a moment like you said - what else is there?

He has no real policies other than to shout slogans and whip up a frenzy. China? Yeah, we're going to **** those guys!! And Mexico is going to pay for that wall!!

How Donald are you going to even the trade deficit with China and return manual labor jobs to the US? Are you going to import Mexicans to work for $2 per hour to sew those shoes together through a secret underground tunnel?

You can't make up some of the things he says for fear of being put in an mental asylum yet he has half the country eating out of his hand. It has opened up this huge festering sore which has highlighted an ugly, ugly part of society that could be a social divide for years to follow. He is a dangerous man.

And don't get me started on how stupid you must be to believe he can make any of these things happen. Wtf would Mexico pay $20 billion for an immigration defense foe US? Agh...

I don't support Trump. IMO he really is eerily similar to Obama, but for the right. Personalities may differ, but the frenzied slogans playing to the lowest common denominator are very similar. Comments and actions made by Obama regarding race relations have helped cause a huge divide in America. There are other examples.

Quite frankly Amerca needs to return to the middle and quit letting the extremes on both ends drive the ship. I wish Kasich would've gotten in sooner than he did, because he's the only halfway sane Rep left. I'm really keeping an eye on Paul Ryan looking to the future though.

I like donalds idea for increasing tariffs for companies that move their factories overseas. We have some bad trade deals. And the Koch brothers don't own him.

The fact is all of these candidates say a lot of crap they can't do. Free college is not a new concept. Politicians running for office have dangled that carrot for years. Not gonna happen. Hilary is robotic and is only running to put a capstone on her legacy. Cruz is an eely looking cult leader. Kasich seems the most normal but if he was nominated he'd have no choice but to bend over for the republican establishment the way Mccain did.

Hopefully these rotten candidates will give rise to better ones in the future. Hopefully this is the bottom.

I like donalds idea for increasing tariffs for companies that move their factories overseas. We have some bad trade deals. And the Koch brothers don't own him.

The fact is all of these candidates say a lot of crap they can't do. Free college is not a new concept. Politicians running for office have dangled that carrot for years. Not gonna happen. Hilary is robotic and is only running to put a capstone on her legacy. Cruz is an eely looking cult leader. Kasich seems the most normal but if he was nominated he'd have no choice but to bend over for the republican establishment the way Mccain did.

Hopefully these rotten candidates will give rise to better ones in the future. Hopefully this is the bottom.

Not sure your planning on or already have voted for Trump but you will have to do better to to justify is so. Bernie has similar ideas around trade, wants to tax Corp that export jobs and use that to build infrastructure to create new ones. There is no easy fix a lot of damage is done and unfortunately it is somewhat of a lose lose situation anyway you slice it. Corps invest millions of not billions in building factories oversees for those jobs, ending that will result in tremendous losses for investors, less white collar jobs in us, and increase in prices. This may be short term but it will destroy the stock market for a period of time. At least Berns plan will invest in this country with new jobs to help with some of those losses. These trade deals should have never happened and loopholes either but they did and it has been years, there will be consequences.

And example is Obama has already been implementing this an example is tires. Tire prices are now more expensive, making cars more expensive and so on and so on. Also, China responding by increasing tariffs on farmed goods which resulted in loss of jobs in agriculture. These are powerful countries we went to bed with, there not just going to bend over.

Free college is a tough one, that's going to be difficult to pay for but is in the best interest of long term stability for this country. It will reduce crimes, increase innovation and performance, and create a general more educated society. Republicans would never go for it always on the fence separating rather than offense and most of the time on the side of what is not in the best interest of the average American. Republicans would love mostly uneducated, poor, and angry population as that is the base.As Trump said " I love uneducated people" after he wins a state. Trump is hilarious in that regard, you almost think he has the tape going and this is going to be the biggest documentary ever. I mean who is that bold or cocky to say things like "if I went out and shot someone you would still vote for me" and "raise your right hand and pledge you will vote for me (as his body language instructs the crowd to mimic an exact replica of the Nazi salute). And the supporters all do it.... Smh. I can't wait for the behind the scenes extras, I will bring the popcorn.

Not sure your planning on or already have voted for Trump but you will have to do better to to justify is so. Bernie has similar ideas around trade, wants to tax Corp that export jobs and use that to build infrastructure to create new ones. There is no easy fix a lot of damage is done and unfortunately it is somewhat of a lose lose situation anyway you slice it. Corps invest millions of not billions in building factories oversees for those jobs, ending that will result in tremendous losses for investors, less white collar jobs in us, and increase in prices. This may be short term but it will destroy the stock market for a period of time. At least Berns plan will invest in this country with new jobs to help with some of those losses. These trade deals should have never happened and loopholes either but they did and it has been years, there will be consequences.

And example is Obama has already been implementing this an example is tires. Tire prices are now more expensive, making cars more expensive and so on and so on. Also, China responding by increasing tariffs on farmed goods which resulted in loss of jobs in agriculture. These are powerful countries we went to bed with, there not just going to bend over.

Free college is a tough one, that's going to be difficult to pay for but is in the best interest of long term stability for this country. It will reduce crimes, increase innovation and performance, and create a general more educated society. Republicans would never go for it always on the fence separating rather than offense and most of the time on the side of what is not in the best interest of the average American. Republicans would love mostly uneducated, poor, and angry population as that is the base.As Trump said " I love uneducated people" after he wins a state. Trump is hilarious in that regard, you almost think he has the tape going and this is going to be the biggest documentary ever. I mean who is that bold or cocky to say things like "if I went out and shot someone you would still vote for me" and "raise your right hand and pledge you will vote for me (as his body language instructs the crowd to mimic an exact replica of the Nazi salute). And the supporters all do it.... Smh. I can't wait for the behind the scenes extras, I will bring the popcorn.

I'm curious about some of your claims. How will free college reduce crime? I fully understand the correlation between crime and income level.

How does free college increase innovation and performance? How is it that we create a more educated society?

I don't understand how the GOP/conservatives want an uneducated, poor, and angry population please explain this concept to me. I see billions upon billions of dollars going to the social welfare programs, supported by the Democrats, that have shown no proof of resolving income and educational disparities, and in fact the problem has gotten considerably worse over time.

I don't support Trump. IMO he really is eerily similar to Obama, but for the right. Personalities may differ, but the frenzied slogans playing to the lowest common denominator are very similar. Comments and actions made by Obama regarding race relations have helped cause a huge divide in America. There are other examples.

Quite frankly Amerca needs to return to the middle and quit letting the extremes on both ends drive the ship. I wish Kasich would've gotten in sooner than he did, because he's the only halfway sane Rep left. I'm really keeping an eye on Paul Ryan looking to the future though.

I think Paul Ryan might be too smart to run for president which is a shame. Don't know a ton about his policies (ignorance on my part, I'm sure they're out there) but he seems like a polished speaker and he doesn't seem like a tea party nut/zealot.

I'm curious about some of your claims. How will free college reduce crime? I fully understand the correlation between crime and income level.

How does free college increase innovation and performance? How is it that we create a more educated society?

I don't understand how the GOP/conservatives want an uneducated, poor, and angry population please explain this concept to me. I see billions upon billions of dollars going to the social welfare programs, supported by the Democrats, that have shown no proof of resolving income and educational disparities, and in fact the problem has gotten considerably worse over time.

I already cited one source, the GOP front runner not sure how you missed that. But here you go : https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2015/07/10/the-demographics-of-2016-look-brutal-for-republicans/

Also it is well know fact and you can just google search that education and access to education reduce crime.

Social welfare programs generally reduce poverty http://www.theguardian.com/money/us-money-blog/2014/nov/12/social-welfare-programs-food-stamps-reduce-poverty-america

However, I would agree that some programs are not ran correctly. There has to be more regulations as there has to be more for Corp America. As far as this goes currently Kasichs policies seem to be most align with my philosophies in regards to this topic. Love his quote and I am paraphrasing but basically stating when the time comes and I am at the gates with Saint Peter, I doubt he is going to care about smaller govt, he's going to care about helping those who need it most. This was in defense of him being questioned for expanding Medicaid and participating in the ACA.

Of course the overall goal is to reduce social welfare programs this of course goes back to education and economics.

Edited by Jim2Dokes

You're saying Bernie is the only one with ideas on how to allocate the tariffs? I doubt trump will be pocketing the increased taxes he'd get from companies. I've been around long enough to remember when our cars were built here. And since they've started building plant overseas, I haven't seen the price of those cars falling. Some execs are getting huge bonuses but we are footing the bill. Bringing those jobs home won't cause some sharp increase in car prices. how could it.

Free college is a bad idea from where I stand. I don't know how Bernie plans to pull this off or what kind of exceptions he's gonna implement because I know a few knuckleheads who would gladly spend the next 20 years in college rather then grow up and face the real world.

An engineering firm needing to hire 2 mechanical engineers and find themselves sifting through 1000 resumes is not good. It will only cheapen the value of a degree and lower wages. do you want that? That's why college educated people often make more money, they have the knowledge that the general public doesn't. Increasing minimum wage would be more beneficial.

I've seen people put a couple of chairs in a garage and call it a charter school. Will some investor buy a run down building in a poor neighborhood, slap a sign on it that says COLLEGE and all the unemployed burnouts who can't pass a drug test spend there days taking courses on the the taxpayers dime? This is ripe for fraud and scams. During the Bush years when the economy was bad and all of those online and for profit colleges were popping up? Become a doctor in 6 weeks?

I think about skilled trades like electricians who can learn there craft on the job. I'd bet if college were free it won't be long before you'd need a degree in electrical technology or whatever. the governments paying.

We've been in conflict overseas since what 2001 with no end in sight? Luckily we haven't had to bring the draft back. I think a lot of people join the armed forces to pay for school. If everyone is going to college for free I'd expect our enlistment numbers to decline

Totally think college should be available for all, but I'd rather a D minus student get a job then to pay for him to waste 4 plus years.

So, yeah, i'm not a Bernie guy LOL.

The college thing was a separate convo. To you I was just directing the trade issue in which Trump has no backup plan and at least Bernie has acknowledged an infantile plan to spur the economy. Thanks for the further insight I guess it still doesn't explain how voting for Trump overall is a better option the Bernie. I Have made this clear I want Kaisch to pull through although a strong liberal. That's how I feel about the dem candidates and while I don't think berns policies will pass and they are somewhat logical and at least genuinely want to improve this country.

I think Paul Ryan might be too smart to run for president which is a shame. Don't know a ton about his policies (ignorance on my part, I'm sure they're out there) but he seems like a polished speaker and he doesn't seem like a tea party nut/zealot.

Which is sad, the quality of candidates is really down to be honest. I am not really excited about any candidate, but people, even republicans, should come to realize how bad Trump is for President. Rocketsan is right, "fear for the world" if he becomes President.

I really want to know why the quality of candidates has gone down, but I fear I already know the answer: Politics is slightly corrupted due to the lobbying and being bought and sold. Parties stayed aligned on everything and rarely budge, so nothing gets done.

Edited by NDhoosier

The college thing was a separate convo. To you I was just directing the trade issue in which Trump has no backup plan and at least Bernie has acknowledged an infantile plan to spur the economy. Thanks for the further insight I guess it still doesn't explain how voting for Trump overall is a better option the Bernie. I Have made this clear I want Kaisch to pull through although a strong liberal. That's how I feel about the dem candidates and while I don't think berns policies will pass and they are somewhat logical and at least genuinely want to improve this country.

You should really take the time and read all of my post in this thread and the democratic thread because you don't know me at all. At all. bernie has policies that won't pass so what good are they? He comes off like a grumpy old man (get off my lawn) and trump would beat him in the general.

Which is sad, the quality of candidates is really down to be honest. I am not really excited about any candidate, but people, even republicans, should come to realize how bad Trump is for President. Rocketsan is right, "fear for the world" if he becomes President.

I really want to know why the quality of candidates has gone down, but I fear I already know the answer: Politics is slightly corrupted due to the lobbying and being bought and sold. Parties stayed aligned on everything and rarely budge, so nothing gets done.

Being in politics or being a political candidate costs a substantial amount of money. Of course that $ cost goes up proportionally to the "value" of the position. Because of this fiscal benchmark, politics has become more and more of the good ole boy system of pandering politicians who are for one thing one week and the opposite in the next week. It's a shell game. They are constantly raising money for the campaign or next campaign and therefore the majority of their time is pandering to the pockets. Trump is a true danger to this country and the GOP. I am hoping for a brokered convention so that there can be a possibility for Ryan or Kasich. Either of them would be a legitimate GOP candidate to run against the greatest pandering politician of all time in the general election.

Edited by VCDomer

You should really take the time and read all of my post in this thread and the democratic thread because you don't know me at all. At all. bernie has policies that won't pass so what good are they? He comes off like a grumpy old man (get off my lawn) and trump would beat him in the general.

I read your post. I was just clarifying the trade issue. It seems as though and I could be wrong but you are rationalizing Trump as having "good ideas". Based on one idea and that's the trade issue. I was pointing out that Bernie is actually the same as Trump on the issue but at least Sanders has ideas on how to improve the country on other issues. They may be far fetched but at least he has ideas and some half logic of paying for them. It's gonna come down to Trump and Clinton in the end anyways. And I know unfortunately who I will be voting against versus voting for. And Trump can't beat any dem candidate he has a 67% unfavorable rating and loses by 10 percent in current polls to both candidates. Kasich however has an edge on both in the polls and high favorable ratings. But GOP would rather lose another one

Edited by Jim2Dokes

This election is an absolute colostomy bag. I, legit, can't find one major candidate I remotely agree with. They're all either way too liberal or way too conservative. This is the first time I've decided to say "**** it" and vote my conscience. Which means I'll probably vote libertarian. I love the United States.... but I'm truly worried about the future. :(

• 4 weeks later...
If Trump actually wins the nom which GOP really does not want to happen, more people will vote just to see him lose. The debates will be entertaining but much different then the debates now. Hilary is calculated and more prepared than any of the GOP candidates, she will be ready for everything and it will be smooth. Unlike Jeb Bush who seems to anxiously throw out prepared talking points at the wrong times and look like a nervous wreck. Really the only candidate that stands a chance va Hilary is that Indiana governor who actually uses some common sense.

If it comes down to Clinton and Trump, there will be Independents and Moderate Democrats voting for Trump.

Between Obama and Hillary, can we come up with one good thing that he has done for OUR country?

Really the only candidate that stands a chance vs Hilary is that Indiana governor who actually uses some common sense

It is too bad that Mitch Daniels (former Indiana Governor) is not running due to his wife not wanting the spotlight of a Presidential campaign. After two good terms as Governor, Mitch became President of Purdue where he has frozen tuition for five straight years. He has also run the $2 billion North American division of Eli Lilly and was Director of the OMB for George W. so he has Corporate, State Governor, Academic, and White House experience.

My fantasy is that he gets nominated as the result of a contested convention.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitch_Daniels