2015 MLB Season

Been out in the wilderness with minimal wifi action - would love to get some south of the border thoughts and perspective on the bold moves my Blue Jays made.

Hated the Tulo deal when it went down because I think Hoffman is going to be a stud (still agonize over what it would have been like to have Syndergaard, Sanchez, Stroman, Osuna, and Hoffman as a future rotation), but now it makes sense to have player control moving forward and another absolute stud in the lineup for the push this year.

I think Price is going to fall in love with this team. He already called yesterday the best atmosphere he's ever pitched in. That line up could win a game that I started and they're all going to be back next year (except for Navarro). I'm not expecting a home team discount, but with Dickey, Buerhle, and Navarro coming off the books, I think they could have room for a $30 million/season player.

The future took a massive hit (traded away 11 pitchers including Hoffman, Norris, and Castro), but this lineup is now insane, you have a true ace, and the bullpen has the potential to be lights out with Sanchez and Osuna pitching 8 and 9. It still boggles my mind that when healthy, their lineup will be Devon Travis (great rookie season), Josh Donaldson (MVP candidate), Jose Bautista (great OPS), Edwin Encarnacion (down season, but still should hit 25 HR), Tulo (best SS in baseball?), Russel Martin (All Star), Smoak/Navarro (good defense, a bit of pop), Kevin Pillar (really surprised with his amazing defence), and Ben Revere (singles machine, great base stealer). I really think they'll catch the Yanks (still have 13 games against them left).

Thoughts?

Blue Jays better win something with all the moves they've made. I'm personally never a have of making too many big splashes. First, you hinder your team for the future, like you mentioned. And second, you load your team of with huge contracts and make it very hard to get rid of them if need be.

I hope it works out for the Jays as they have a ton of players I like and respect (Donaldson, Tulo, and Price) just to name to a few.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol I'm surprised you haven't witnessed any, but I usually don't worry about 1-2-3 ninths. At least until now (because of you ?). I'm with you on the playoffs, tho I'm hoping for the Mets because I don't think they will hit a lick during the playoffs. But at the same time, I gotta root for my boy Harper. This next week is huge for the Cubbies. Could be the most important week of the season. 3 against Pitt and 4 against SF.
I saw Rondon get a 1-2-3 9th last night in the Cubs' 5-4 victory over SF. He looked good hitting nearly 100 mph. Should be a fun series that is off to a good start.

Go Cubs Go!

Been out in the wilderness with minimal wifi action - would love to get some south of the border thoughts and perspective on the bold moves my Blue Jays made.

Hated the Tulo deal when it went down because I think Hoffman is going to be a stud (still agonize over what it would have been like to have Syndergaard, Sanchez, Stroman, Osuna, and Hoffman as a future rotation), but now it makes sense to have player control moving forward and another absolute stud in the lineup for the push this year.

I think Price is going to fall in love with this team. He already called yesterday the best atmosphere he's ever pitched in. That line up could win a game that I started and they're all going to be back next year (except for Navarro). I'm not expecting a home team discount, but with Dickey, Buerhle, and Navarro coming off the books, I think they could have room for a $30 million/season player.

The future took a massive hit (traded away 11 pitchers including Hoffman, Norris, and Castro), but this lineup is now insane, you have a true ace, and the bullpen has the potential to be lights out with Sanchez and Osuna pitching 8 and 9. It still boggles my mind that when healthy, their lineup will be Devon Travis (great rookie season), Josh Donaldson (MVP candidate), Jose Bautista (great OPS), Edwin Encarnacion (down season, but still should hit 25 HR), Tulo (best SS in baseball?), Russel Martin (All Star), Smoak/Navarro (good defense, a bit of pop), Kevin Pillar (really surprised with his amazing defence), and Ben Revere (singles machine, great base stealer). I really think they'll catch the Yanks (still have 13 games against them left).

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Good pitching always beats good hitting. Jays can rake and Price can win some games, but can that lineup stand up to the rigors of postseason pitching? They will likely be in the Wild Card game, so that lineup is subject to one great outing by an opposing pitcher.

If they get hot though, they will be tough to beat.

I saw Rondon get a 1-2-3 9th last night in the Cubs' 5-4 victory over SF. He looked good hitting nearly 100 mph. Should be a fun series that is off to a good start.

Go Cubs Go!

He has a 0.67 ERA since May 25. That's 30 innings pitched and only 2 earned runs allowed. If that's not dominating I don't know what is.

He has a 0.67 ERA since May 25. That's 30 innings pitched and only 2 earned runs allowed. If that's not dominating I don't know what is.
He has looked good. Just needs to continue. You think Edwards will be called up this year? I'm thinking not.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes it is. Glad the Blue Jays are doing well in the division.

September will be make or break. Jays have two more sets with the Yankees - one home and one away...

My hope is that the Yankees take a nose dive again today against Houston. They got demoralized last night...

• 2 weeks later...
Blue Jays are rolling!

Are they ever. What's unreal is how their starting pitching is all of a sudden lights out. You knew Price would be there, but Dickey looks reborn, nobody can hit Estrada's change up....oh, and now we get to throw Stroman back out there and move Hutch to the pen!

1992/3 memories????

Are they ever. What's unreal is how their starting pitching is all of a sudden lights out. You knew Price would be there, but Dickey looks reborn, nobody can hit Estrada's change up....oh, and now we get to throw Stroman back out there and move Hutch to the pen!

1992/3 memories????

Worry about Dickey's effectiveness in post season.

Glad to see Martin turning it on at the right time.

September will be make or break. Jays have two more sets with the Yankees - one home and one away...

My hope is that the Yankees take a nose dive again today against Houston. They got demoralized last night...

Painful. I continue to watch and support as I will the Irish but it will be a time of rebuilding. Sigh.