2015 MLB Season

Now that Paul Beeston is out as Blue Jays team president, we are no longer hampered by the unwillingness to give out contracts longer than 5 years. I think David Price has had a great time here and if he stays this team is LOADED for next year. Imagine pitching in front of Revere, Donaldson, Bautista, Encarnacion, Tulo, Martin, Pillar, Goins for a full season - 25 wins could happen. I think if they pull out a miracle in KC the World Series is coming north and he stays. Just my opinion, but he looks like one happy dude here....

The chances of retaining Price, Bautista and Edwin are slim to none...

If Bautista doesn't get huge bucks after being the face of the franchise for years...he gone...but tough to afford all three when you've already shelled out big bucks for Martin, Donaldson and Tulo...

Some have said Edwin is better value than Bautista...I tend to agree...look at what moving David Ortiz to the DH has done for his career...Bautista is already looking like he's lost a step or two as it is...you want to sink long term bucks into him at top dollar? I sure don't...

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bautista and Edwin are still signed through next season.

The way I see it playing out is you either trade one in the offseason to restock the farm (without 1 you still have more than enough offense) or you see how next year starts and ride it out or trade them at the deadline.

I let Bautista go after next year - Pompey/Pillar/Saunders is a decent outfield and try to resign Edwin. If you don't get him, I go after the biggest bopper available at 1st base - still a loaded team either way

Can't argue with you there. I think they gave him a standing ovation the first game he pitched in Toronto and he said something along the lines that it felt like home. And that lineup is stacked. But the Cubs will be stacked too and playing in the American League as opposed to the national league can make life a little easier on the E.RA. Also, the Maddon factor. Did he like playing for him or not? Should be interesting. I can see him going both ways.

He said it was the best atmosphere he had ever experienced, including playoffs

Bautista and Edwin are still signed through next season.

The way I see it playing out is you either trade one in the offseason to restock the farm (without 1 you still have more than enough offense) or you see how next year starts and ride it out or trade them at the deadline.

I let Bautista go after next year - Pompey/Pillar/Saunders is a decent outfield and try to resign Edwin. If you don't get him, I go after the biggest bopper available at 1st base - still a loaded team either way

Oh, I know they are...I just know it's impossible to keep them both.

The strike zone has been wildly inconsistent for all teams this post season...

Breaking news in Toronto this morning: Alex Anthopolous is out as GM. Wonder how the team reacts...Tulo, Donaldson and Martin are all Alex guys...hell, John Gibbons is probably out of a job too, he was an Alex guy as well...

The strike zone has been wildly inconsistent for all teams this post season...

Breaking news in Toronto this morning: Alex Anthopolous is out as GM. Wonder how the team reacts...Tulo, Donaldson and Martin are all Alex guys...hell, John Gibbons is probably out of a job too, he was an Alex guy as well...

I'm ok with it. He made some great trades, drafted well and was good at shedding contract. But my God did he love to overpay with prospects. Gutted an incredible system. Miami trade was a flop, Halladay trade a disaster, Dickey trade has pissed me off since day 1. The Donaldson trade was great, but I think we're going to see Franklin Barreto become the star of the A's in the coming years.

I trust in Shapiro

I'm ok with it. He made some great trades, drafted well and was good at shedding contract. But my God did he love to overpay with prospects. Gutted an incredible system. Miami trade was a flop, Halladay trade a disaster, Dickey trade has pissed me off since day 1. The Donaldson trade was great, but I think we're going to see Franklin Barreto become the star of the A's in the coming years.

I trust in Shapiro

It's hat fine line of when to trade a prospect and when not too. Forever I just wanted the Cubs to get whoever was amazing at that time. That's really all I knew growing up as a Cubs fan. Crappy farm system and overpaid free agents who swing for the fences or swing and miss. But with Theo, he's built the farm system up and induced a new energy with hiring Maddon and all the youngsters playing. The teams fun to watch. Also, I know they'll be here for a long time. So if I had to choose, I'm with you, keep your farm system intact(for the most part) and try to win with what you got.

Missed last night's game. So Syndergaard threw at Escobar. If the Royals are so incensed, did they dust him when he came up? Or is the Mets second baseman going to be eating sh!t tonight with a hard slide?

Nope they did not. At least the first five innings before I had to turn it off. I thought it was perfect. The Mets said they've come to play. We're not laying down. Screw this 0-2 hole. I was waiting to see how the Royals would respond. But they took the lead a couple of times so no retaliation was necessary. Both teams I thought handles it well. It's baseball! BUT... I'm expecting a throw away pitch at Wright tonight. Not to hit him but to know let the Mets know, well we aren't going to lay down either. Should be fun.