2015 MLB Season

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

M-E-T-S, METS! METS! METS!

I have always hated the Dodgers and this almost makes me forget 1988.

Daniel Murphy won't buy a drink in New York again.

My dad was from Chicago and the reason I love ND; I have always had a soft spot for the Cubs. That said, I won't feel the least bit bad when the Mets bounce them in 6.

If we want to talk about owing somebody. The Mets still owe the Cubs in 69 after their colossal collapse. Payback time in 5!

Are they talking about realigning seeding for baseball in the offseason? Cubs with the third best record and had to face the top two teams. Both in their division. Then win, then have to go on the road to play a team with a lesser record. C'mon MLB. Every other sport has this figured out.

Also, no sour grapes here. Mets and Harvey played a great game. They deserved that win last night. Congrats!

Ugh Harvey and Snydergard shut down the Cubs the 1st 2 games. Must win in Chicago now.

If the Cubs can hold serve Harvey is having arm swelling is doubtful for Game 5. If necessary. These Cubs need to take it to them. I think they hit De Grom good in Game 3. Life's a lot harder on young guys on the road.

If the Cubs can hold serve Harvey is having arm swelling is doubtful for Game 5. If necessary. These Cubs need to take it to them. I think they hit De Grom good in Game 3. Life's a lot harder on young guys on the road.
They need a convincing win tonight. They need to BELIEVE they can win this series and that would do it. Everything changed in the St Louis series after they got 'em good in game 2 and adopted that belief.

I guess I'm throwing in the towel. My Cubs are done. The Cubs became the Cubs. Looks like I'll be rooting for the Royals in the World Series.

WHAT?!?!? It had to be this way. Only one other team has ever come back from a 3-0 deficit. Who?

A Theo Epstein led team, overcoming a curse and beating a team from New York!!!!

It's serendipitous I tell you!!!

Last I heard, Arietta has something on his ankle causing bleeding. Questionable for game 6, but the doctors think they can get him out there.

Edited by corysold

WHAT?!?!? It had to be this way. Only one other team has ever come back from a 3-0 deficit. Who?

A Theo Epstein led team, overcoming a curse and beating a team from New York!!!!

It's serendipitous I tell you!!!

Last I heard, Arietta has something on his ankle causing bleeding. Questionable for game 6, but the doctors think they can get him out there.

And in the spirit of "Back to the Future Day" the Cubs won the World Series in the Movie!!

Go Mets!

Wow. Just wow. Can't believe the Mets thrashed the Cubbies like that. When did Daniel Murphy become Babe Ruth?

Went to the Jays game the last 2 nights. Night 1 was the quietest playoff crowd of all time (thank you R.A. Dickey), but last night was electric! 3-2 KC, going back to KC for 6 and 7, but with Price (who is due for a win) and Stroman (who I think is better than Price) going against Ventura and that hot mess Cueto, I still think we have a chance. GO JAYS GO!!!!

Wow. Just wow. Can't believe the Mets thrashed the Cubbies like that. When did Daniel Murphy become Babe Ruth?

or Barry Bonds..... My thoughts exactly though. Congrats on the Mets. Wish the Cubs would had shown up like they did vs the Cardinals.

If there is any silver lining to this. The Cubs know what they have and what they need. So get ready for Ricketts to unload some cash on free agents. Thank you Mets. So come on down Greinke and Price.

Also, I would trade a few nice prospects for Carpenter. IF the Cards would do that. He's idea for their lineup. Could play third and move Bryant to left and force Schwarber to catch. Carpenter could bat second after Fowler and could be that cog of getting on for the big fellas. It's a dream but make it happen!

or Barry Bonds..... My thoughts exactly though. Congrats on the Mets. Wish the Cubs would had shown up like they did vs the Cardinals.

If there is any silver lining to this. The Cubs know what they have and what they need. So get ready for Ricketts to unload some cash on free agents. Thank you Mets. So come on down Greinke and Price.

Also, I would trade a few nice prospects for Carpenter. IF the Cards would do that. He's idea for their lineup. Could play third and move Bryant to left and force Schwarber to catch. Carpenter could bat second after Fowler and could be that cog of getting on for the big fellas. It's a dream but make it happen!

Now that Paul Beeston is out as Blue Jays team president, we are no longer hampered by the unwillingness to give out contracts longer than 5 years. I think David Price has had a great time here and if he stays this team is LOADED for next year. Imagine pitching in front of Revere, Donaldson, Bautista, Encarnacion, Tulo, Martin, Pillar, Goins for a full season - 25 wins could happen. I think if they pull out a miracle in KC the World Series is coming north and he stays. Just my opinion, but he looks like one happy dude here....

Now that Paul Beeston is out as Blue Jays team president, we are no longer hampered by the unwillingness to give out contracts longer than 5 years. I think David Price has had a great time here and if he stays this team is LOADED for next year. Imagine pitching in front of Revere, Donaldson, Bautista, Encarnacion, Tulo, Martin, Pillar, Goins for a full season - 25 wins could happen. I think if they pull out a miracle in KC the World Series is coming north and he stays. Just my opinion, but he looks like one happy dude here....

Can't argue with you there. I think they gave him a standing ovation the first game he pitched in Toronto and he said something along the lines that it felt like home. And that lineup is stacked. But the Cubs will be stacked too and playing in the American League as opposed to the national league can make life a little easier on the E.RA. Also, the Maddon factor. Did he like playing for him or not? Should be interesting. I can see him going both ways.