Lacrosse

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched this game on gamecast and based on stats only, ND lost because they could not get a face-off. I think denver got like 17 out of 23 face-offs. You simply are not going to win if you give a team like denver that many more chances than you get. It's really too bad they couldn't have pulled this game out. It sounds like Doss had a great game and Kavanaugh played well but they just didn't have the rock enough.

#4 ND is at #6 virginia today. The game is televised on espnu at 12:00 est.

This is a big rebound game after the Irish blew their last game against Denver. They have been on the road all week trying to enjoy spring break so I hope they don't come out slow. I really think they need this today so hopefully the get some more face-offs and run away with it!

ND ended up winning 11-9. Seriously, they really dominated this game until uva went on a little run at the end. Some observations:

1. Wynne, their freshman attack player, is a good finisher. When they double down on ND, he finds a hole in the middle and converts. (Other than 1 gimme at the end.)

2. Kavanagh's stick control is amazing. That one goal he had in the first was very Thompsonish.

3. ND's D is coming along. I thought they slid well and caused a lot of rucus.

4. Doss, their goalie, is seeing the ball pretty well.

5. Will Corrigan really isn't that good. He should not be on the field as much as he is.

6. Their face-off game sucks. They are just a second too slow. This is definitely going to cost them another game or two.

7. Jack Near came off the field holding his shoulder, taking a pretty big hit at the end. If he misses time, that a HUGE loss.

All in all a good game. Next week is osu. Hopefully they smack them down.

Another big game for the Irish as they take on #15 osu. I hate the suckeyes so hopefully they throttle them but it won't be easy. osu just took denver down and they have a very good face-off man. The game is on espnu at 4:00. Personally, I have to DVR the game and will probably not get to watch it until tomorrow.

The biggest thing I want to see is if Near is on the field!

Just got to watch the Irish vs. osu. ND smashed them 9-0, with an absolutely dominating defensive performance. Their D was forcing turnovers all over the place, and their goalie, Doss, played exceptionally well. Seriously, to put a goose egg on a top 20 team is an amazing feat!

If you get a chance check out the showdown as #2 ND hosts #1 syracuse today. Syracuse is playing lights out right now and really looks like the cream of the crop. They have a dominant face off player and are just hitting on all cylinders. They haven't really played anyone outside of the dome yet though so I think ND does stand a chance. It should be a great game.

Win or lose, this is pathetic to watch. If you want to be the best, you cant blow huge leads.

Why on earth do you even watch sports? If watching #2 ranked ND Lacrosse fight #1 ranked Syracuse into overtime is "pathetic," then maybe you shouldn't watch? You sound like somebody that has never played competitive sports. Teams sometimes score a lot of points, and then other quality teams do the same. It's a constant ebb & flow. But the suffering that is reading your posts suggests you're not capable of determining that. Just click the TV off and go out and complain about your neighbor's yard or something instead of blabbering on a message board every day about ND's pathetic play in all sports.

Oh, and Go Irish! Exciting win and great to be the new #1...

Why on earth do you even watch sports? If watching #2 ranked ND Lacrosse fight #1 ranked Syracuse into overtime is "pathetic," then maybe you shouldn't watch? You sound like somebody that has never played competitive sports. Teams sometimes score a lot of points, and then other quality teams do the same. It's a constant ebb & flow. But the suffering that is reading your posts suggests you're not capable of determining that. Just click the TV off and go out and complain about your neighbor's yard or something instead of blabbering on a message board every day about ND's pathetic play in all sports.

Until, they win a NC, I'll always bitch. Beating Syracuse is a great win, but the game never should of been close. Seeing the talent on this team, this should be the year. Also, it's pathetic they can't find someone to win face offs.