Nd lax

ND goes on to win 13-5. There were two things that stood out in this game to me:

1. ND was just that much better than Harvard. They were more athletic and far superior. After they were up 7-0, they let off the gas a little bit but came back on and really were never in doubt here.

2. Conor Kelly, their goalie, tracked the ball well. Getting confidence is huge for him, and he has it. This is going to be huge moving forward.

The Irish have a deep team and are moving on to the round of 8!

GOOOOOO IRISH!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of top teams are losing, and making it a lot easier for ND to win a NC.

A couple of decent teams lost but Duke, Denver and Maryland are pretty elite teams. Plus, ND plays Albany next and they have two of the best attack players to ever play the game and a goalie who is playing incredibly well.

Make no mistake about it, ND is going to struggle with Albany. I expect their defense to play physical and try to push Albany back, as they really like to play the crease, but it will be no small task that's for sure.

A couple of decent teams lost but Duke, Denver and Maryland are pretty elite teams. Plus, ND plays Albany next and they have two of the best attack players to ever play the game and a goalie who is playing incredibly well.

Make no mistake about it, ND is going to struggle with Albany. I expect their defense to play physical and try to push Albany back, as they really like to play the crease, but it will be no small task that's for sure.

The Thompson's are friggin unreal aren't they? When I played at ND, I had to try and cover Mikey Powell of Syracuse, which was impossible. I think both Lyle and Miles are better than Powell was, and I think they have much better chemistry with each other than he and Ryan had. I almost want them to win so I can watch them live next weekend. Almost...

The Thompson's are friggin unreal aren't they? When I played at ND, I had to try and cover Mikey Powell of Syracuse, which was impossible. I think both Lyle and Miles are better than Powell was, and I think they have much better chemistry with each other than he and Ryan had. I almost want them to win so I can watch them live next weekend. Almost...

VERY cool that you played for the Irish! What year did you graduate and what is Coach Corrigan like?

Lyle and Miles are incredible. I actually did go watch them when they played PSU this year. They are so fluid and everything they do is so effortless. Their ball control, vision, accuracy, and ability to make plays is crazy. Basically it's like combining Jordan with a Globetrotter and you get their style of play. Like you said, their chemistry is amazing too. Obviously growing up as brothers, and then throw your cousin in, helps. If they mix in other people, their offense is unstoppable.

As you know, ND is traditionally known for their defensive effort. It will be interesting to see how they defend them!

VERY cool that you played for the Irish! What year did you graduate and what is Coach Corrigan like?

I graduated in 2006. Played on the '04-'06 teams and finished my career at Lehigh while getting a Master's.

Wasn't the biggest KC fan, so not the right guy to ask. I had a great relationship with Kevin Anderson, the recruiting coordinator at the time. I always felt like an afterthought to Corrigan, and I probably was. My year (2002), they were hot after Brian Hubschmann and Matt Poskay, both of whom I lived near, and I felt like Corrigan only came to watch me or stopped by because he was already in the area to see them. My parents weren't fans either, they even tried to talk me into going to a Patriot league school, but I would have gone to ND if Homer Simpson was the coach.

Gutsy win for the Irish. In case you missed it, the Irish were down 12-7. The Lacrosse world, including the refs, wanted the stars from Albany, The Thompson trio, to move on but ND would have none of it. They totally went on a rampage and went balls to the wall and ended the game with an epic run. Swarming to the ball and firing away, they pull out the W. CRAZY WIN!!!

What a great game. Almost feel sad for Albany...almost.

I was able to rope my 11 year old daughter (who just starting playing this year) into watching most of it. The key dive at the end for the loose ball by MK will hopefully show her how important hustle and drive is. She was amazed. What a great play.

Thanks for getting and keeping this thread going. I never was interested in LAX. Because of this thread I have watch a few games and really enjoy it. This past game was very exciting. Looking forward to this next game.

It looks like ND is going to play Maryland 2 weeks in a row....at home this weekend and then in the first round of the ACC tournament after that. It's always hard to beat the same team twice, let alone back to back. Hopefully this will play to ND's advantage and they take one out of 2 from them. That should just about lock them up.

Yet another game against Maryland...

This team is average and have way to many inconsistent scorers

This team wont make the tourney no point to watching them

This team is pathetic, can't win face offs but yet Corrigan is dumb enough not to switch up O Connor. The team motto needs to be to "shoot the F**ing ball". Corrigan needs to switch up the O, just no rhythm.

Korrigan with another interesting scheme, offense is pathetic and defense can't do much against the 3 best to every play lacrosse. No idea why it's so hard to score against the 48th worst D.

You must like the taste of your foot, given the number of times you've had to put it in your mouth lately...

I can feel his frustration, though. That game was tough to watch until the 4th quarter.

I live near RIT and they went undefeated in DIII only to lose in the quarter (or semi) final this weekend vs Tufts.

2 cases of David vs Goliath. The underdogs always play out of their mind.