Nd lax

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the Irish are ready to go. Once again, I expect a slow start from them as they just had an away game at osu. But I do think they are playing better than cuse right now and expect a win....10-8 I'll call it.

Have fun at the game rush!

Yes, it is not surprising that they lost, but they really got screwed. The officiating was very inconsistent at the X position, and ND got called for some ridiculous fouls. In addition, Syracuse jumped the face at least 4 times and it wasn't called. It is very rare that I blame officiating on losses with lacrosse, but I truly believe they did everything they could to keep ND off their game, and more importantly, they kept cuse from falling to 0-3 in conference. It is what it is though and ND still had their chances. Next week it doesn't get any easier as they face powerhouse Duke......Ugh...

It was hard for me to tell regarding the officiating, but from watching it live, their D was a million times better than ours. They were all over us every time we had the ball around the net.

It was an exciting game, regardless.

Yet another TOUGH game for the Irish as they host #3 duke today. The game is on ESPNU at 12:00.

ND/Duke has turned into quite a battle the last few years. Notre Dame has actually gotten the better of them during the regular season and then Duke manages to knock them out of the tournament. Part of me wonders if the Irish would actually be better off losing to them today, and then switching roles and knocking them out of the tournament later....

I think this team is still above average but their offense sucks. They don't have enough dodgers or shooters. Basically shut Kavanaugh down and ND can't score. Very frustrating game to watch.

This team wont make the tourney no point to watching them

I disagree with you there. ND has one of the toughest schedules in the country. They have 2 very winnable games coming up and then a tough one against maryland. IF they win the next two against Robert Morris and Marquette, they are in a good position to get in, even if they lose to maryland. Then, if they win one game in the ACC tournament, they are golden. Even if they lose to Maryland and their first game in the ACC tournament, they still will most likely get in if they beat Army in their last game. Basically, win their 3 non-conference games, and they should sneak in. Hopefully they do more than that but I guess we'll see.

You watch girls Lax? Isn't very pretty.

Yes. It is hard to watch but I have a 5th grade daughter who just started playing. I had only ever seen boys lacrosse and was trying to figure out why the girls aren't required to wear pads. Now I know. Our neighbor is on the team, too, so it is neat to look for her.

This team wont make the tourney no point to watching them

They'll make it as long as Denver and Loyola don't poop the bed in their respective tournaments. Keep in mind, they expanded the tournament to 18 teams this year. America East, Atlantic Sun, ECAC and Metro are only getting their champion in. That leaves 6 at large spots. Hopkins will get one and 2nd place in the Ivy will probably get one. The other 3 will be #'s 2 - 5 in the ACC unless the committee decides to cap one league at 4 teams and give the last spot to #2 in the Patriot/Colonial.

It looks like ND is going to play Maryland 2 weeks in a row....at home this weekend and then in the first round of the ACC tournament after that. It's always hard to beat the same team twice, let alone back to back. Hopefully this will play to ND's advantage and they take one out of 2 from them. That should just about lock them up.

TOUGH match up today as ND takes on #5 maryland. It's on ESPNU today at noon if you get a chance to DVR or watch it. Like I said, ND plays Marlyand today and then again on Friday and they might need to win one of them to get in the tourney now. Hopefully that win comes today. GO IRISH!!!

Face off and goalie were pathetic today. Seriously pathetic and unacceptable.

I agree, they need to switch up the O. It's just hard because they really don't have many dodgers.

I'll stick to my guns and say ND still wins one of two against Maryland and they will knock them off on Friday. The way some other teams are playing ND might have to win their last two to make the tourney. I'll remain positive and believe that will happen. :)