Nd lax

I never really watch LAX before. I caught some of the game on sat. I did however watch a special espn had on the history of LAX. Anyone catch it. I thought it was very interesting. I didn't no that the great Jim Brown played LAX. The guy had some huge legs.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ND takes on Maryland tonight at 7:30 on ESPNU. If they win, that really should lock up an NCAA bid. If they lose, they MUST beat Army, and even then, they will totally be on the bubble.

I do believe it's hard to beat the same team twice, let alone in 1 week. ND was 4/24 on faceoffs against them. Obviously they MUST improve on that. IF they can get 40-50% of the faceoff, I think they win.

BIG win for the Irish tonight! Their offense was sasquatched and they couldn't clear the ball worth a crap, but their defense was phenomenal and their goalie was spot on. That should pretty much lock ND up for an NCAA leading 9th straight tournament appearance.

Next up is Syracuse on Sunday for the ACC championship. GO IRISH!!!

The Irish climb up to #5 in the latest pools. If they can beat Army on Saturday, they should end up getting a top 5 seed and will host their first round tournament game. Definitely a fantastic weekend for the team!

Perfect time Okie. They play Army on ESPNU at noon on Saturday. ND CAN NOT sleep on Army. They have one of the best defenses in the nation and will come out incredibly disciplined and hungry to get a signature win. Hopefully the Irish come out ready to play and earn a higher seed. The selection show is on at 9:00 on Sunday.

As expected, Army came into the Bend ready to play. Not expected, ND's defense did not! They gave up a lousy 17 goals to Army. BUT the Irish managed to escape with a win....18-17. Their offense was aggressive and played the crease well and created a lot of good scoring chances. Hopefully they keep that up next week! Their D better choose their doubles a little better next week and they better stop the ball more.

Either way, their regular season, ended quite successfully and they should be a 4, 5, or 6 seed come selection Sunday. I'm really hoping they don't draw an ACC team the first round but with all 6 teams making it, who knows.

Edited by irishrb

Thanks for update. We are on the road today and I couldn't find the score.

Hey Rush,

If you look, the 1 didn't press for Army's score. It was ND18Army17. Notre Dame had the ball with a minute left and for some odd reason Corrigan decided NOT to call a TO. Well...ND turned it over. Army had the ball with 20 some seconds and ND rode the crap out of them causing a turnover and an easy score. WILD game back and forth. ND really wasn't stopping anything on D.

ND got a 6 seed and will host Harvard in the first round. This is a great first round match up for the Irish and I fully expect them to move on to the second round. Harvard is definitely a good notch below the Irish. If they move on to the second round, they will most likely get Loyola, who is 15-1 and has been ranked number one for a large part of the year. This is obviously going to be a tough match up for the Irish. I've actually seen Loyola live this year and they are pretty good at scoring. Notre Dame will most likely struggle with their slides. They should be able to score on Loyola though so who knows.....

IF they manage to get to the third round, they would most likely get a rematch with Maryland or Syracuse in the final four....

Pretty tough road....but definitely not impossible!

It was a good back and forth game. Lacrosse is interesting, kind of a cross between soccer and hockey.

Yes, and actually A LOT of similar basketball philosophies in the way you run your offense.

One game at a time. I will tune in Saturday. Go Irish!!!

VERY TRUE! I expect the Irish to take Harvard down 11-7 and move on to the second round!

They need to win at least half of the face-offs, look to move quickly and score in transition, slide well defensively, and get some solid goalie play. GO IRISH!!

ND up 7-2 right now at half. They can pretty much play straight up on D and take care of business. Also, Kelly is seeing the ball pretty well and making some good/routine stops. Either way, IMO, huge for his confidence, hopefully moving forward.

ND started off offensively playing well. They were spacing themselves well, and executing. They got a little sloppy towards the end of the first half but all in all a pretty impressive first half. They start the second half with the ball and a man up so hopefully they come out and start the second half the same way they came out to open up the game.