Nd lax

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ND loses a lot of talent for next year, but also keep some players. Just don't see this being good next year tho.

Dude you seriously need to take some classes on optimistic thinking.

ND has A LOT coming back.....

They have their most elite scorer...Kavanagh

Their most powerful shooter that you saw displayed today...Perkovick

A more athletic face off man that will transition better into their offensive set ups...Osello

Their goalie who was totally coming into his own this year...Kelly

Their fastest clearer who creates scoring opportunities...Near

In addition... key offensive power....Doyle and Brosco key defensive power... Epple and Landis

The only truly elite person they lose is O'Hara. He was playing some great defense this year.

ND has been recruiting pretty well. They will be just as good, if not better next year!!!!!!!

Edited by irishrb

A more athletic face off man that will transition better into their offensive set ups...Osello

In addition... key offensive power....Doyle and Brosco key defensive power... Epple and Landis

The only truly elite person they lose is O'Hara. He was playing some great defense this year.

ND has been recruiting pretty well. They will be just as good, if not better next year!!!!!!!

AMEN!!! Lacrosse, women's basketball and even soccer are well worth watching. We have a solid if not great program. I wonder what Duke loses.

I want to thank everyone for your contributions to the ND LAX thread. We had more people contribute to this thread this year and hopefully it continues to get bigger every year.

I was reading an article the other day that said in the past 5 years lacrosse has grown by 66% in youth sports and tackle football has declined by 21%. Watch out....this sport just might take over...GO IRISH LAX!

ND loses a lot of talent for next year, but also keep some players. Just don't see this being good next year tho.

I'm no psychiatrist, but I think you have a depression problem. Every comment you've made in this thread has been negative regarding a team that was 2 or 3 plays away from winning a national title.

With that in mind, I (surprise) disagree and think this is a national title contender again, particularly if O'Hara comes back. In fact, this winter Corrigan told some of the guys I used to play with that he thought the 2015 team would be the best he ever fielded.

Of the 14 "starters" (I consider 3A, 3M, 3D, FOGO, LSM, G and 2 Defensive M's all starters), the only 2 out of eligibility are Brenneman and O'Connor. Marlatt, Scioscia and O'Hara are seniors, but have a year of eligibility left. Oscello takes over at FO for O'Conner and Koshansky becomes the #2 D-Middie. If Marlatt and Scioscia leave, which I expect, legit replacements are already on the roster in Pridemore and Marini.

? I'm pointing out the facts. Like NDMJ said it depends who comes back. Ya you keep your best scorer, freshman, and goalie. But still not sold on Perkovic. Westy Hopkins had 18 goals freshman year, but was not good next 3 years. Get back to me before we see who stays and who doesn't, only thing that matters.

Also, its hard to be optimistic when we haven't won a National Championship! It sucks coming in 2nd or worse every year, when we have plenty of talent to win it all.

Here's a good recruiting overview from "Inside LAX."

Notre Dame brings in a recruiting class that’d I consider perhaps the most talented top to bottom will enter. All but two or three are bound to be Power 100 honorees, and five are Under Armour All-Americans.

When finishing attackman Mikey Wynne (St. Paul’s, Md.) switched his commitment from Cornell to Notre Dame last September, the thought of a starting attack featuring Wynne, Conor Doyle and Matt Kavanagh came to mind. That’s definitely an option, and would make an attack line that’s incredibly fun to watch. Tyler Ruhl (Gilman, Md.) and Pierre Byrne (Culver, Ind.), whose athleticism bumped him up to midfield for the No. 2 Eagles, could also get minutes at attack. At the midfield, Brendan Collins (Georgetown Prep, Md.) and Jordan Walter (Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.) are excellent prospects, Collins in particular has the outside shot to see the field right away as long as he works on his consistency and shot selection. With face-off man Liam O’Connor graduating, I could picture a scenario where a similar player like John Travisano (Howard, Md.), who didn’t commit until August, sees the field right off the bat.

Notre Dame does it slightly different when it comes to building a defense in recruiting. Defensive coordinator Gerry Byrne likes certain types and pursues them (rather than going after blue-chippers), and though largely unheralded during their high school careers, so many end up being All-Americans at the next level. Though he has the accolades, Alex Hurdle (McDonogh, Md.) is athletic and intelligent with strong fundamentals on D, so to see him get meaningful time as a rookie wouldn’t shock many. John Sexton (Lincoln-Sudbury, Mass.), another Under Armour All-American, is a stud at the LSM position and also has what it takes to see the field. In goal, Owen Molloy (Ridge, N.J.) may have to wait his turn, as there are a pair of very talent keepers in front of him.

Edited by irishrb

Inside LAX's waaay too early top 25 for next year....

Notre Dame comes in at #............

3. Notre Dame (12-6, lost in NCAA Title Game)

Balanced scoring options on attack and midfield, an above-average goalie and a strong defensive scheme: The Fighting Irish are comfortable playing up-tempo or at a slower pace. All season, but especially on Memorial Day weekend, Coach Kevin Corrigan used his roster’s depth nearly perfectly. Not many teams, playing twice in three days, can finish so strong in the final 20 minutes as Notre Dame did in the NCAA Final against Duke. Keep an eye on which seniors will be back – midfielder Jim Marlatt in particular would help if he’s back for a fifth year. The past four first-round matchups in the NCAA Tournament – against Penn, Yale, Detroit and Harvard, relatively untested all — have allowed the Irish to build confidence and momentum.

He has Duke at 2 and Maryland at 1.