Nd lax

And I'm guessing you haven't watched a game this year correct? If you would have you would see what I mean, just like the first 3 1/2 quarters against Albany.

To be fair BKTM, you have been quite negative with the Irish LAX this year. Plus, ND came out on fire against Albany and played a solid first quarter. Truthfully, their defense played Albany pretty well from start to finish. They were aggressive with nice slides and good, overall physical play. Remember, they were playing against one of the hottest offenses with two of the best attack men to play the game in quite some time. The offense got tight in the middle of the game. I think they were thinking a little too much and afraid to move the ball in transition because they knew they needed to try and keep the ball away from Albany. Once they loosened up and said screw it, you see what happened. Either way, totally awesome that they are in the final four!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair BKTM, you have been quite negative with the Irish LAX this year. Plus, ND came out on fire against Albany and played a solid first quarter. Truthfully, their defense played Albany pretty well from start to finish. They were aggressive with nice slides and good, overall physical play. Remember, they were playing against one of the hottest offenses with two of the best attack men to play the game in quite some time. The offense got tight in the middle of the game. I think they were thinking a little too much and afraid to move the ball in transition because they knew they needed to try and keep the ball away from Albany. Once they loosened up and said screw it, you see what happened. Either way, totally awesome that they are in the final four!

Still Albany had a horrible defense and 2 1/2 quarters we were horrible. Not sure why it took so long to wake up, and Corrigan to figure something out. If I'm not mistaken Albany was the 48th worst D? Then again the way ND plays, is the same way the past decade.

Atta boy Okie! It is VERY addicting. I got into lacrosse in 2010 when ND lost to Duke in the championship and have gotten into it more and more every year. I actually started a youth league and have been coaching my boys' team for a couple years now.

As for ND/Maryland, it really is a tough draw for ND. The two games they have played, Maryland has taken 81% of the faceoffs and have really controlled the game/tempo. In the ACC tourney, when ND beat them, Maryland's top scorer and best overall player was pretty much out of the game with a bad ankle.

Maryland is favored by 1 1/2 goals. Personally, I think ND needs to look for more transition opportunities. This offense plays best when they are loose and moving. I think they stalled a little with Albany because they were worried about time of possession and keeping it away from the Thompsons.

Marlyand LOVES to stall ball. They will shoot high and far, just to make it look like they are trying to score but actually they are just trying to keep the ball.

This team has proven that anything can happen. Hopefully they come out loose and ready to roll. It REALLY SUCKS that this is a home game for Maryland but there's nothing they can do about that.

Get 40% plus of the faceoffs, look to score in transition, and hopefully their goalie, Kelly, plays with confidence and sees the ball well!!

GO IRISH!!!

BIG day today.

I'll be rooting for Denver in the first game. Duke has been a ND killer in the playoffs recently so I would prefer not to see them again, although one of their best defensive players and one of their best offensive players are now out with injuries. ND actually lost to Duke and Denver this year but I think they would have a better chance against Denver. This should be a little higher scoring, fun game to watch.

My boys filled out brackets at the beginning of the tournament. So far they have only missed one prediction each....Bryant beating Syracuse...which is one of the biggest tournament upsets ever. One of them has Duke vs. Maryland in the finals and one of them has Denver vs. Maryland in the finals. (I think we've watched too much lacrosse this year. :) Like I said before, along with Maryland being a very TOUGH match-up for the Irish, they also get to play this game at home, which really sucks for the Irish. Truthfully, I think ND loses today. They just have too much going against them... a dominating faceoff person, a dominating goalie, and a dominating scorer. I'll go with 9-7. With that being said, this ND team is fearless and will give it everything they have so hopefully they prove us wrong!

Notre Dame played a great first half. They came out aggressive and looked to run. They are using their sticks well on D and are sliding pretty well too. Kelly had a good first half and is seeing the ball well. They knew they couldn't get faceoffs against Raffa and knew he is slowed down so they let him get the faceoffs and then attacked to gain possession. They really outplayed maryland and really should be up by more.

Now for the negatives....Once Corrigan called that first timeout, their offense just slowed down...stall balling. WRONG call. Use your depth and keep pounding. Plus, for as good as they looked, I really wish they had a bigger lead.

Raffa doesn't look like he is coming back. Hopefully that means ND starts getting some clean faceoffs. Keep the pressure on defensively, and stay aggressive on O!!!

GO IRISH!!!

National Title...1:00 Monday!!! I live the Memorial Day Championship tradition.

I never played the game but love watching it!

And my son was born on Memorial Day 2005 with the championship game on in the background of the delivery room....John Hopkins beat Duke.

Go Irish!

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This team is relentless. They came out looking to run and be aggressive. They were quick on their feet and played well all over. They knew they couldn't get the face so they attacked like a pack of wolves. Kelly freakin' played lights out. Corrigan substituted perfectly and kept the energy high all game.

This probably was their best all around game since they laid a whipping on virginia!

This group epitomizes what you want your team to be. They DESERVE this thing!

CHAMPIONSHIP MONDAY!

When the brackets were first released, one of the first things I said to my boys was, "At least it won't be Duke that knocks ND out." Well here we are!

Duke has knocked ND out of the tournament 3 out of the last four years and beat ND in the championship in OT in 2010.

Duke is ELITE. They have the best starting talent in college lacrosse....and it's probably not that close. This is their third title game in five years. They have a better faceoff man than ND. They have better midfielders than ND. They have better attack players than ND. Their defense....I would say it's about a wash with ND. They actually beat down ND earlier this year at ND 15-7....UGH!

There are a couple of things ND has going for them.

1. Heat: It is supposed to be around 90 degrees today. I've been hearing all year how Duke's starters are unbeatable but they are not that deep. Well, ND has depth. Corrigan needs to sub well like he did against Maryland and push these guys to their limits. Watch a guy like Westy Hopkins, #12. He doesn't play a lot but when he comes in he is maximum effort and pushes it to the extreme. I expect to see a lot of ND players and a lot of pressure on their rides to create as many turnovers as possible. They have been the best team in the tournament with this and I expect it to continue.

2. Confidence: ND is playing their best lacrosse of the year. Their goalie is hot. Their TEAM offense is rolling. Their best attack man, Kavanaugh, is unstoppable. Their defense is suddenly playing well. They are sliding well, communicating well, and checking well. They are playing aggressive and pushing people back. They are moving in transition and are enjoying the game. They look like a TEAM destined to take this thing.

ND is going to need some heroic performances today and some dramatic TEAM work to get this done today. I've been doubtful of them for the past 2 weeks. No More!

"At least it won't be Duke to knock ND out!" I'm sticking to it.

15-14 Notre Dame brings their first lacrosse championship back to the Bend.

GO IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by irishrb

CHAMPIONSHIP MONDAY!

When the brackets were first released, one of the first things I said to my boys was, "At least it won't be Duke that knocks ND out." Well here we are!

Duke has knocked ND out of the tournament 3 out of the last four years and beat ND in the championship in OT in 2010.

Duke is ELITE. They have the best starting talent in college lacrosse....and it's probably not that close. This is their third title game in five years. They have a better faceoff man than ND. They have better midfielders than ND. They have better attack players than ND. Their defense....I would say it's about a wash with ND. They actually beat down ND earlier this year at ND 15-7....UGH!

There are a couple of things ND has going for them.

1. Heat: It is supposed to be around 90 degrees today. I've been hearing all year how Duke's starters are unbeatable but they are not that deep. Well, ND has depth. Corrigan needs to sub well like he did against Maryland and push these guys to their limits. Watch a guy like Westy Hopkins, #12. He doesn't play a lot but when he comes in he is maximum effort and pushes it to the extreme. I expect to see a lot of ND players and a lot of pressure on their rides to create as many turnovers as possible. They have been the best team in the tournament with this and I expect it to continue.

2. Confidence: ND is playing their best lacrosse of the year. Their goalie is hot. Their TEAM offense is rolling. Their best attack man, Kavanaugh, is unstoppable. Their defense is suddenly playing well. They are sliding well, communicating well, and checking well. They are playing aggressive and pushing people back. They are moving in transition and are enjoying the game. They look like a TEAM destined to take this thing.

ND is going to need some heroic performances today and some dramatic TEAM work to get this done today. I've been doubtful of them for the past 2 weeks. No More!

"At least it won't be Duke to knock ND out!" I'm sticking to it.

15-14 Notre Dame brings their first lacrosse championship back to the Bend.

GO IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going to take a Herculean effort to beat Duke, they look like a machine. I've got to disagree on the score, if Duke gets over 10 goals, it's over. ND can't get in a shoot out with those guys or it will be a repeat if the 1st matchup. They're only true chance is if Connor Kelly stays hot in the goal. Over 10 Duke goals they win, hold Duke under 10, I say ND has a 40% chance.

I have to say, I am shocked at the first half. Seriously shocked. ND's offense looks totally lost. Honestly, I think Duke is in their head and they came into this game defeated before they even started. We'll see if the coaches can mentally get through to them at all in the second half.

For as bad as ND's offense played, they are still only down four. There is still a chance for them to get back in this game and potentially come away with a W.

I have to say, I am shocked at the first half. Seriously shocked. ND's offense looks totally lost. Honestly, I think Duke is in their head and they came into this game defeated before they even started. We'll see if the coaches can mentally get through to them at all in the second half.

For as bad as ND's offense played, they are still only down four. There is still a chance for them to get back in this game and potentially come away with a W.

Duke is the Uconn of WBB, this is not surprising. Also, Duke has beaten ND in the last few important games.

IF ND even has an average first quarter on offense, they win this game. Duke was wearing down and ND had a chance. They just couldn't get the faceoff when they really needed it. Also, I have no clue what Kavanagh was doing....no off ball movement to get the ball. No off screens to get him the ball. The fact that he barely touched the ball today was an absolute JOKE!

Heck of a season by Irish!! VERY entertaining year and a tremendous accomplishment. Hats off to them!