Today was a victory for Notre Dame, GG, and the REAL fans of ND

Why does the best Navy team in yearsosing to S Carolina close a few ears back mean ND shouldn't blow out this average Navy team who lost to Toledo?

This rivalry stuff cracks me up. As though Purdue is such a rival Nd is the only FBS team they can play within 30 points. And Navy, who lost to Toledo is auddenly a good team.

I find it hilarious that someone with thousands of posts on a team message board can have their fandom questioned because they don't think ND should almost lose to Navy, who'd thy beaten 35 straight ones until a few years back.

Hilarious.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we played like we should, today's score would be 55-13 Irish. Because we can't bank on where the game should lie, we base it off what we've seen. A team that barely escapes navy isn't beating Stanford.

Echo, I agree the defense looked bad TODAY, but you cannot automatically conclude they will do the same against Stanford.

Do you disagree ND has the talent to beat Stanford?

If we played like we should, today's score would be 55-13 Irish. Because we can't bank on where the game should lie, we base it off what we've seen. A team that barely escapes navy isn't beating Stanford.

And what should a team that lost to a team that beat a team that we beat be epected to do against us?

Why does the best Navy team in yearsosing to S Carolina close a few ears back mean ND shouldn't blow out this average Navy team who lost to Toledo?

This rivalry stuff cracks me up. As though Purdue is such a rival Nd is the only FBS team they can play within 30 points. And Navy, who lost to Toledo is auddenly a good team.

I find it hilarious that someone with thousands of posts on a team message board can have their fandom questioned because they don't think ND should almost lose to Navy, who'd thy beaten 35 straight ones until a few years back.

Hilarious.

I'm going to start a collection for your new keyboard Cory.

Huoston, Wee hive a preblem.

Man, echo...you live in too many people's heads. This thread is both sad and hilarious at the same time. Parseghians contributions to this board are amazing. His opinions are as valuable as those of former posters who were just as insightful. Anyone remember seanpower10 or vagas ferguson?

Echo, I agree the defense looked bad TODAY, but you cannot automatically conclude they will do the same against Stanford.

Do you disagree ND has the talent to beat Stanford?

It's not an automatic conclusion. It's an informed one. Could we hang with Stanford? Sh*t I should hope so with our talent. Will we? That's the question. With this coaching it's anyone's guess. The odds indicate that we will lose. We are never the same team week in and week out.

I would have been livid had the offense not played well.

But the offense did whatever it wanted.

It was a dogfight defensively, though.

Relative to the Navy offense, that quarterback isn't just good, he's FANTASTIC at what he does. It's maddening and frustrating and it makes you wanna punch a hole in the wall, but I've seen Navy enough over the years against us to know every few years they come up with someone special as their trigger man and to be honest, that is very, very hard to deal with.

The key to this game being a nailbiter was Tommy's first pick. Had we gone up 17-7 right there - and we would have - they never take the lead and we win by 10-17 or so.

This had the feel of a Princeton/Big time college hoops team tournament game where basically you just need to get that key one or two stops at the right time.

just because ND played this way today, doesn't mean they can't play great against Stanford.

I truly believe this ND team can beat anyone. I don't care if it's Alabama, Oregon, or whoever.

ND got crushed last year in the title game, but even that game could have gone differently if there were a few changes of what happened early in the game.

just because ND played this way today, doesn't mean they can't play great against Stanford.

I truly believe this ND team can beat anyone. I don't care if it's Alabama, Oregon, or whoever.

ND got crushed last year in the title game, but even that game could have gone differently if there were a few changes of what happened early in the game.

Bless your heart. The least deserving undefeated team thus far just beat a common opponent of ours (Purdue) 56-0 but yeah it must be because Purdue plays us harder. We mustve allowed a 31-24 nailbiter out of pity. If you really think this years Irish squad could hang with any of the current top 15 teams, you are dreaming.

Though I will say, if Rees hits 2-3 of the multiple wide open WR's he missed for big gains and TD's, this game probably isn't really close.

I'm crossing my fingers that he is the issue with the team and next year we'll see something different.

The two turnovers and the FG kept the game close from an offensive point of view.

This is how Navy wins these games. They limit your possessions.

ND had 8 drives of scoring opportunity.

Take away 2 drives because of turnovers.

ND scored on 6 drives. 5 TDs/1FG

Against USC, we had 14 possessions.

offensively today we played pretty dang well and scored at will. if not for the turnovers, we would have two more scores and game woulnd't be in doubt so late.

How bout a team that gets curbstomped by USC? Do they beat Stanford? Oh wait, they did.

Funny, Stanford under Harbaugh and the current administration never accomplished what our horrible, crappy coaches accomplished last year -- undefeated regular season.

Imagine that....

In fact we are just 2 wins behind Ohio State and their 21 game win streak over the same period despite playing much harder competition....damn our ****** coaches....

How bout a team that gets curbstomped by USC? Do they beat Stanford? Oh wait, they did.

Funny, Stanford under Harbaugh and the current administration never accomplished what our horrible, crappy coaches accomplished last year -- undefeated regular season.

Imagine that....

In fact we are just 2 wins behind Ohio State and their 21 game win streak over the same period despite playing much harder competition....damn our ****** coaches....

Well you hang on to that and see where it gets you....and LOL to your OSU comment. Lucky for OSU they weren't the ones that got to be exhibit A as to why being undefeated doesn't automatically warrant a title shot. We got throttled and it would happen again if we somehow find a way to stay unbeaten for the rest of the season.

Well you hang on to that and see where it gets you....and LOL to your OSU comment. Lucky for OSU they weren't the ones that got to be exhibit A as to why being undefeated doesn't automatically warrant a title shot. We got throttled and it would happen again if we somehow find a way to stay unbeaten for the rest of the season.

How long have you been a college football fan, kid? They've been exhibit A, B, C, and D over the last half decade or so...and they never ran into the greatest football dynasty of the last 50 years either...

Once again, you're wrong. Its like your natural state of being....

How long have you been a college football fan, kid? They've been exhibit A, B, C, and D over the last half decade or so...and they never ran into the greatest football dynasty of the last 50 years either...

Once again, you're wrong. Its like your natural state of being....

Kid? Again, you are an idiot. Luckily the playoffs will kill your pixie dust and pony ride delusions about being competitive in the current landscape of college football. The "greatest football dynasty of the last 50 years" still had a regular season loss...there are at last a half dozen teams in the last 20 years that would challenge that moniker.

over the forces of Echo and his fake fans.

That is all.

Oh and don't say we should just blow Navy out like an elite team should.....

Sat, Sep 17

#10 South Carolina 24

Navy 21

September 5, 2009

#6 Ohio State 31

Navy 27

Are you seriously revelling in a game where we eek it out a home win against Navy? I guess if mediocrity is the goal, than ya, wooohooo!!! Start poppin' the champaign, but we talkin' bout Navy! C'mon man, we talkin bout Navy...not Michigan, not MSU, not Pitt...we talkin bout Navy...Navy!!!

This game came down to 2 things: 2 turnovers and sloppy penalties. We beat a mistake free Navy team.

As for all the in fighting on this board, it would be pretty damn boring if we all saw things the same way. I think that homers and homos and all the personalities in between make this board enjoyable. Let's just keep personal attacks to a minimum.

Dot worry. Stanford will beat our ***.

kind of like how we were suppose to be 8-5 last year, your predictions are always so accurate.

Look, I am not agreeing with GG or PT, but echo and nremdn, you two are pessimists, plain and simple. Not "realists," just simply pessimists; there is no other way of looking at it. We are 7-2 and you have the nerve to ask what is there to be optimistic about? Gee, I dont know, I guess I should just watch the last game we play and base the entire year off that game. I didnt hear you barking after beating Air Force "like we should."