Today was a victory for Notre Dame, GG, and the REAL fans of ND

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we absolutely CRUSHED navy last year. so what do you mean they are both TOO STUBBORN to adapt to the Navy offense.

it is these types of statements made with zero knowledge made behind them. You don't know what adjustments, planning, etc. are even being made the in first place. but you are bold enough to say they need to adjust whatever they adjusted to begin with????

dude, be who you want. I don't care about you one bit.

but don't call GG out for policing other posters when you are policing him. yeesh

If you don't care, then stop responding to my posts. You have no right to talk to anyone about their conduct on this board. You have run off more good members on here than anyone in the history of DD and it's not even close. You are just a cancer to this whole board, and it's really sad that such a good site has members like yourself. I can handle optimists (Okie, even Hoosier), but you are the worst poster here ever. Hoosier and I disagree regularly and rarely ever see eye to eye, but he does bring a lot to the board. I have never once had the desire to question how much of a fan he is because he doesn't see things the way I do. In the end him and I are dedicated fans of the same team and that's what matters.

Kelly laying the smackdown on the haters amongst us in the post-game presser.

"There is no asterisk next to this one -- a win's a win."

A head coach who is unable to put away a vastly inferior team needs to call a win a win. He's all like "yeah I know we shoulda beat them down but imma try to hook us up with another bcs beat down"

If you don't care, then stop responding to my posts. You have no right to talk to anyone about their conduct on this board. You have run off more good members on here than anyone in the history of DD and it's not even close. You are just a cancer to this whole board, and it's really sad that such a good site has members like yourself. I can handle optimists (Okie, even Hoosier), but you are the worst poster here ever. Hoosier and I disagree regularly and rarely ever see eye to eye, but he does bring a lot to the board. I have never once had the desire to question how much of a fan he is because he doesn't see things the way I do. In the end him and I are dedicated fans of the same and that's what matters.

I don't care about you. I care about what you post.

I am incapable of running off board members. If a little message board debating runs them off, I can't help that. Because if they don't like what I say, then ignore it or don't respond, right? That is what you say.

I don't name call or engage in personal attacks.

If you want to be a negative fan, be a negative fan.

But what I am saying when you know coaches and players as people and on a personal level, you root for them differently. You support them, you don't call them idiots, or pussies (as Soko did earlier today).

Got it bro. ND should compete for titles even when Navy runs em down to the wire. You think you're a fan but you're actually a homer who can see things for what they are.

Echo is not a fan, he's a masochist who gets off on ND under-performing. There's no sense arguing with him, because he'll always find flaws. Honestly, don't feed the troll.

I'm with ya.

a win is a win. and is ALWAYS better than a loss.

be proud of the guys for making just enough plays to get it done.

We also see now how big NIX is to our defense and our middle.

But this game came down to not getting on top of Navy early. and the turnovers kept them in the game and allowed them to stick to the plan.

Nix does not start against option teams. Tuitt is the starting NG.

A head coach who is unable to put away a vastly inferior team needs to call a win a win. He's all like "yeah I know we shoulda beat them down but imma try to hook us up with another bcs beat down"

Its comical to me that you keep fretting about ND getting beaten up in a BCS game. You've said this multiple times tonight.

In order to reach that game, we'd first have to beat Stanford. #5 Stanford -- A BCS Bowl-caliber team.....

So you think we'd be unworthy of a BCS bid after beating a BCS Bowl team at their house....

Yeah, you're a real asset to this forum.

I don't care about you. I care about what you post.

I am incapable of running off board members. If a little message board debating runs them off, I can't help that. Because if they don't like what I say, then ignore it or don't respond, right? That is what you say.

I don't name call or engage in personal attacks.

If you want to be a negative fan, be a negative fan.

But what I am saying when you know coaches and players as people and on a personal level, you root for them differently. You support them, you don't call them idiots, or pussies (as Soko did earlier today).

I never realized there were rules to be followed if you wanted to be a true fan of a team. Thank you for this insight.

If it helps you, then put your own asterisk next to this game and let me know what their record comes out to. I bet its still 7-2.

I never realized there were rules to be followed if you wanted to be a true fan of a team. Thank you for this insight.

For the record, I don't question if you are a fan or not. You obviously are.

I have just always wondered why you tend to shade on the negative side.

and one could ask why I am always so positive.

But I try to see things for what they are.

offense played awesome today

defense did not play awesome today

usc

defense played awesome

offense (in second half) did not play awesome.

ND should have dominated this game. not only on offense, but also on defense. no excuse to even let Navy be close. ND should have held them to at least into the teens, while being able to score 40+ points on offense.

ND is ranked 25 in the BCS. please tell me that even with this win they will remain ranked? I hope they are, but I think there is a better chance even with this win they are unranked. you get no style points for beating Navy.

a win is not a win. not when you want style points to move up in the polls, where it really matters.

Would it be against the rules to make an extra Gameday Thread next week for fans that don't see happy flowers and kittens on every play? That is all this board has turned into lately, the true fans trying to rid the world of any fan that sees fault in the team. Why not let the scumbag pessimists have their own gameday thread?

ND should have dominated this game. not only on offense, but also on defense. no excuse to even let Navy be close. ND should have held them to at least into the teens, while being able to score 40+ points on offense.

ND is ranked 25 in the BCS. please tell me that even with this win they will remain ranked? I hope they are, but I think there is a better chance even with this win they are unranked. you get no style points for beating Navy.

a win is not a win. not when you want style points to move up in the polls, where it really matters.

Akron had Michigan even more dead to rights.

So did UConn the following week.

Michigan remained ranked regardless.

So should we.

Hey Ara, Calm down... Let there be room for discourse.

Yes, we won last year 50-10. We also gave up 350 yards. And I think we can all agree that this year's D is nowhere near last year's.

You want knowledge?

http://thebirddog.wordpress.com/2010/10/29/navy-35-notre-dame-17/

Notre Dame Is 1-6 ATS In Its Last 7 Games When Playing At Home Against Navy.

Any HS coach knows to stop the option with a DT to stop the FB, a DE to stop the QB and a CB to stop the RB... Yet we failed to shoot any DB's until late in the game. Same thing with AF in the 1st half. If that's not stubborn, I don't know what is.

Would it be against the rules to make an extra Gameday Thread next week for fans that don't see happy flowers and kittens on every play? That is all this board has turned into lately, the true fans trying to rid the world of any fan that sees fault in the team. Why not let the scumbag pessimists have their own gameday thread?

it is the extreme pessimism that stands out.

every play the world is crashing down.

like the FIRE DIACO AFTER THE GAME, or FIRE BK. just utterly amazingly crazy statements. and we hadn't even lost the game.

If we made a thread for you, Echo88, and the rest of the negative nancies....we'd have to also put you all on suicide watch as well.

Well, maybe not Echo, he actively roots against ND just to complain about the coaching staff....