Today was a victory for Notre Dame, GG, and the REAL fans of ND

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with ya.

a win is a win. and is ALWAYS better than a loss.

be proud of the guys for making just enough plays to get it done.

We also see now how big NIX is to our defense and our middle.

But this game came down to not getting on top of Navy early. and the turnovers kept them in the game and allowed them to stick to the plan.

That's the way to be a "TRUE" Notre Dame fan, attack another fan. Grow up and try stepping back into reality. Did you ever think maybe he gets so upset because he is a true fan and that's how he reacts when the team he loves doesn't live up to expectations? There are a lot of ways to be a fan. I have been around this site for a long long time and I have never seen Echo question anyone's sincerity in being a fan since I have been here. Why don't you worry about being a fan in your own way and not about how others choose to be a fan?

over the forces of Echo and his fake fans.

That is all.

Oh and don't say we should just blow Navy out like an elite team should.....

Sat, Sep 17

#10 South Carolina 24

Navy 21

September 5, 2009

#6 Ohio State 31

Navy 27

You're attacking me for thinking we should crush a service academy? Got it.

That's the way to be a "TRUE" Notre Dame fan, attack another fan. Grow up and try stepping back into reality. Did you ever think maybe he gets so upset because he is a true fan and that's how he reacts when the team he loves doesn't live up to expectations? There are a lot of ways to be a fan. I have been around this site for a long long time and I have never seen Echo question anyone's sincerity in being a fan since I have been here. Why don't you worry about being a fan in your own way and not about how others choose to be a fan?

Is this another alt-account for Echo?

Echo isn't a fan. He wasn't rooting for ND. It was clear he was rooting AGAINST ND.

over the forces of Echo and his fake fans.

That is all.

Oh and don't say we should just blow Navy out like an elite team should.....

Sat, Sep 17

#10 South Carolina 24

Navy 21

September 5, 2009

#6 Ohio State 31

Navy 27

^^^^ this. As soon as one thing goes wrong its "fire bk, this team is horrible, etc" relax and support your team instead of being a debbie downer

Echo isn't a fan. He wasn't rooting for ND. It was clear he was rooting AGAINST ND.

Got it bro. ND should compete for titles even when Navy runs em down to the wire. You think you're a fan but you're actually a homer who can see things for what they are.

He's a grown man and can defend himself, but you are completely out of line. What gives you the right to question a guy that has been a dedicated member of this site for years on whether he is a fan or not? Either he is a very hardcore fan or he is the world's most dedicated marathon troll. If you don't like how he chooses to be a fan then ignore him. All you are doing is making yourself look like an unintelligent moron by policing the board of any fan that doesn't have the same level of optimistic dedication that you do.

I just don't get what there is to be optimistic about....it's true that EG isn't here. Even if we somehow win out, would anyone really be happy with yet another BCS beat down? We don't deserve a BCS bid and quite frankly I'd be embarrassed if we earned one.

Got it bro. ND should compete for titles even when Navy runs em down to the wire. You think you're a fan but you're actually a homer who can see things for what they are.

Ok, let me give you some reality.....

1. Navy is our yearly rival. When you play a team year-in and year-out they grow accustom to you. They lose their fear of you. Its why you see powerful teams lose bizarre games to crappy teams IN CONFERENCE way more than out of conference.

2. Our defense was severely limited by injuries. Not an excuse, its a fact.

3. Navy has a history of playing good teams VERY tough. They wanted this game bad -- maybe more than ND did. However, ND FOUND A WAY TO WIN another VERY CLOSE game. I give Coach Kelly credit for that. We used to ALWAYS lose the really close ones. Now we always WIN them. Regardless of the opponent.

At the end of the day, I don't need ND to blow people out 100-0. A win's a win.

GG: People like you and Theorem are destroying this board. Internet forums are for expressing your opinions/thoughts and having conversation with people interested in the same things. You idiots have gotten out of control with questioning every person on this board that doesn't see all rainbows and sunshine every week like you guys do.

Ok, let me give you some reality.....

1. Navy is our yearly rival. When you play a team year-in and year-out they grow accustom to you. They lose their fear of you. Its why you see powerful teams lose bizarre games to crappy teams IN CONFERENCE way more than out of conference.

2. Our defense was severely limited by injuries. Not an excuse, its a fact.

3. Navy has a history of playing good teams VERY tough. They wanted this game bad -- maybe more than ND did. However, ND FOUND A WAY TO WIN another VERY CLOSE game. I give Coach Kelly credit for that. We used to ALWAYS lose the really close ones. Now we always WIN them. Regardless of the opponent.

At the end of the day, I don't need ND to blow people out 100-0. A win's a win.

Ahh the whole "rivalry" defense. Wonder where that was when we destroyed navy the past 2 years. Must be because Ken didnt care as much...

Any team in the top 15 would destroy navy by 3 scores-nuff said.

I think we have to face the fact that Echo for the most part is a pessimist.

Even if we win out and beat Stanford (a BCS caliber team), it won't be good enough for him.

And this isn't meant as a slight or a shot at you echo, it just the way it is.

Dot worry. Stanford will beat our ***.

GG: People like you and Theorem are destroying this board. Internet forums are for expressing your opinions/thoughts and having conversation with people interested in the same things. You idiots have gotten out of control with questioning every person on this board that doesn't see all rainbows and sunshine every week like you guys do.

dude, be who you want. I don't care about you one bit.

but don't call GG out for policing other posters when you are policing him. yeesh

They absolutely do not! The only team they play tough regularly is ND and that is the problem. Even the most garbage team flukes up every so often and plays out of their league against a superior team. Navy is not one of those teams, they pretty much always lose to the teams they are supposed to lose to not named Notre Dame.

No one can think we deserve a BCS after that predictable debacle.

Diaco and Kelly are both too stubborn to adapt to Navy's one-dimensional offense and thus we are forced to suffer a nailbiter against a 4-4 midshipmen team that lost to Duke 35-7. MFing Duke. And I don't care that Duke beat VaTech. VaTech is turrible. They just lost again to BC.

We will be lucky to go 1-2 the rest of the way and punch our ticket to the Pinstripe Bowl vs Rutgers, who just squeaked by Temple. Woohoo.

So in conclusion, we'll go 9-4. And countdown the days til the return of Golson.

And with continued blind hope that we'll find a real special teams coach between now and September 2014.

And remember...

Weaving in and out of traffic . . . can make you a basket case.