Today was a victory for Notre Dame, GG, and the REAL fans of ND

Hey Ara, Calm down... Let there be room for discourse.

Yes, we won last year 50-10. We also gave up 350 yards. And I think we can all agree that this year's D is nowhere near last year's.

You want knowledge?

http://thebirddog.wordpress.com/2010/10/29/navy-35-notre-dame-17/

Notre Dame Is 1-6 ATS In Its Last 7 Games When Playing At Home Against Navy.

Any HS coach knows to stop the option with a DT to stop the FB, a DE to stop the QB and a CB to stop the RB... Yet we failed to shoot any DB's until late in the game. Same thing with AF in the 1st half. If that's not stubborn, I don't know what is.

Honest question.

Do you think Bob Diaco personally doesn't know how to stop an option offense? Do you think Bob Diaco had BJAX dials up plays that keep BJAX looking in the backfield and get burned on PA pass for a touchdown?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we made a thread for you, Echo88, and the rest of the negative nancies....we'd have to also put you all on suicide watch as well.

This quote sums up just how delusional and ignorant you really are. Suicide watch?!LOL You are a real piece of work.

ND should stay ranked. they might even move up since #21 Michigan lost. but in the polls where there is human voting, humans look at a score of ND beating Navy 38-34. it wouldn't be surprising to see human voters not vote ND as high because they barely beat a crappy team.

Honest question.

Do you think Bob Diaco personally doesn't know how to stop an option offense?

Hmmmm, he has been burned by an option offense more often than not since being at ND. Those are facts with solid evidence that no one can deny. You telling us about his amazing knowledge of the option offense is not. I will stick with forming my opinion on what happens in reality and not what some guy on a board claims goes on behind the scenes (even though the results on real life American cable television say differently).

A head coach who is unable to put away a vastly inferior team needs to call a win a win. He's all like "yeah I know we shoulda beat them down but imma try to hook us up with another bcs beat down"

I didn`t see Kelly on the field but I did see a very determined and very good Navy team.

At half time I would have gladly settled for a one point win. Navy`s offense is fun to watch when they are not playing ND. Like today, they were very hard to stop.

What you don`t understand is that ND never practices against a Triple Option offense because their scout team can not run it. They don`t have the precision or speed.

The option plays have been removed from our playbook but will be added back in next year with Golson as QB.

BTW Echo, Kelly did not throw the two interceptions.

No one can think we deserve a BCS after that predictable debacle.

Diaco and Kelly are both too stubborn to adapt to Navy's one-dimensional offense and thus we are forced to suffer a nailbiter against a 4-4 midshipmen team that lost to Duke 35-7. MFing Duke. And I don't care that Duke beat VaTech. VaTech is turrible. They just lost again to BC.

We will be lucky to go 1-2 the rest of the way and punch our ticket to the Pinstripe Bowl vs Rutgers, who just squeaked by Temple. Woohoo.

So in conclusion, we'll go 9-4. And countdown the days til the return of Golson.

And with continued blind hope that we'll find a real special teams coach between now and September 2014.

And remember...

Weaving in and out of traffic . . . can make you a basket case.

According to your logic the return of EG doesn't matter since CBK & CBD are too stubborn to coach effectively. Was the 50-10 beat down last season predictable too? Why all the negativity? Debacle, blind hope, suffer, my God you must be fun at parties. News flash!! ND WON. :grin:

Its comical to me that you keep fretting about ND getting beaten up in a BCS game. You've said this multiple times tonight.

In order to reach that game, we'd first have to beat Stanford. #5 Stanford -- A BCS Bowl-caliber team.....

So you think we'd be unworthy of a BCS bid after beating a BCS Bowl team at their house....

Yeah, you're a real asset to this forum.

We might be if we beat Stanford but we won't.

I love how many calories are burned by some posters on deciding how "true" other people's fandom is.

I absolutely agree. Some of you need to lay off Echo. He has brought up good points in the past. I don't always agree with him but since I've been around, I appreciate the almost contrarian point of view he provides!

Some of you need to worry less about who the "true" fans are and just let discussions play out. There are a few on here that seem to just make comments to provoke people. Get the heck off here if that's all you care about!

If we made a thread for you, Echo88, and the rest of the negative nancies....we'd have to also put you all on suicide watch as well.

Well, maybe not Echo, he actively roots against ND just to complain about the coaching staff....

Every thread is for me, son. Someone has to keep those of you with blinders from stealing 2013 title game shirts from Ethiopians.

7-2 is all I care about right now. Lets face it, there are a few people in this thread who NEVER felt we'd be 7-2.

And hats off to Navy. Much respect to them, their discipline and precision.

As long timeND fan I've seen us pummel them and barely best them and I will NEVER be ashamed in either scenario.

Come on CALM DOWN FELLA's and get a grip---

Yes ECHO is overly negative--everytime something bad happens, everytime we struggle, he wants to fire the coach or complains we are not worthy etc

BUT MY DAD WATCHES GAMES LIKE THAT TO---its maybe hard to take for others but it doesn't mean he hates ND or wants them to lose--that's ridiculous---echo wastes more time on this site then I do and its not cause he hates ND---:grin:

By the same token some of you guys are just SILLY acting like the team accomplished some great feat by squeezing this out----WE PLAYED SUCKY DEFENSE--WORST OF THE YEAR -- and needed a lucky unforced error on the pitch to keep from losing--NAVY LOST IT we did not WIN IT!

Lots of work needed on the defense---

Accept its an UGLY win and we played poorly defensively---

AND STOP ACTING LIKE ECHO IS SOME DEVIL AND SOMEONE ELSE IS A SAINT---its ridiculous

aloha's stay frosty--7-2 is better then I expected

7-2 is all I care about right now. Lets face it, there are a few people in this thread who NEVER felt we'd be 7-2.

And hats off to Navy. Much respect to them, their discipline and precision.

As long timeND fan I've seen us pummel them and barely best them and I will NEVER be ashamed in either scenario.

No actually there isn't. There's was the majority who called for 10 or 11 wins and there were posters who called for 8 or 9 wins. 7-2 isn't crazy, especially when we have 2 of our toughest games ahead of us. We are actually exactly where most predicted us to be.

Hmmmm, he has been burned by an option offense more often than not since being at ND. Those are facts with solid evidence that no one can deny. You telling us about his amazing knowledge of the option offense is not. I will stick with forming my opinion on what happens in reality and not what some guy on a board claims goes on behind the scenes (even though the results on real life American cable television say differently).

So you think Bob Diaco doesn't know about the option offense?

No actually there isn't. There's was the majority who called for 10 or 11 wins and there were posters who called for 8 or 9 wins. 7-2 isn't crazy, especially when we have 2 of our toughest games ahead of us. We are actually exactly where most predicted us to be.

Asking a question here and not trying to be snarky.

Why do posters believe we will lose? what is the fun in that as a fan?

We MIGHT lose. We COULD lose.

But I believe we will win. And we are completely capable of winning the rest of our games.

We're right where you thought we'd be, then.

So why the long face?

They are meeting your epectations. Isn't that a good thing?

Come on CALM DOWN FELLA's and get a grip---

Yes ECHO is overly negative--everytime something bad happens, everytime we struggle, he wants to fire the coach or complains we are not worthy etc

BUT MY DAD WATCHES GAMES LIKE THAT TO---its maybe hard to take for others but it doesn't mean he hates ND or wants them to lose--that's ridiculous---echo wastes more time on this site then I do and its not cause he hates ND---:grin:

By the same token some of you guys are just SILLY acting like the team accomplished some great feat by squeezing this out----WE PLAYED SUCKY DEFENSE--WORST OF THE YEAR -- and needed a lucky unforced error on the pitch to keep from losing--NAVY LOST IT we did not WIN IT!

Lots of work needed on the defense---

Accept its an UGLY win and we played poorly defensively---

AND STOP ACTING LIKE ECHO IS SOME DEVIL AND SOMEONE ELSE IS A SAINT---its ridiculous

aloha's stay frosty--7-2 is better then I expected

Easy there Tourette's. You and I both had this team exactly where they are right now...

These are the kinds of quotes that come back Echo. You do realize that if ND shows up like they SHOULD, they have the athletes to beat Stanford.

If we played like we should, today's score would be 55-13 Irish. Because we can't bank on where the game should lie, we base it off what we've seen. A team that barely escapes navy isn't beating Stanford.