Today was a victory for Notre Dame, GG, and the REAL fans of ND

How long have you been a college football fan, kid? They've been exhibit A, B, C, and D over the last half decade or so...and they never ran into the greatest football dynasty of the last 50 years either...

Once again, you're wrong. Its like your natural state of being....

kind of like how we were suppose to be 8-5 last year, your predictions are always so accurate.

Look, I am not agreeing with GG or PT, but echo and nremdn, you two are pessimists, plain and simple. Not "realists," just simply pessimists; there is no other way of looking at it. We are 7-2 and you have the nerve to ask what is there to be optimistic about? Gee, I dont know, I guess I should just watch the last game we play and base the entire year off that game. I didnt hear you barking after beating Air Force "like we should."

Easy to ignore the spot on season predictions for the 4 years prior, but got it. Look, there weren't ANY reputable pundits that foresaw an undefeated season last year. The reason? Because 3-4 of our wins were squeaked out. We got lucky. Everyone knows that. We weren't the dominant force you'd like to think we were and the title game proved it to the entire nation. We don't get ANY respect in this current game and rightfully so. You're still going to be talking about 2012 like it was the 88 season for the next decade.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy to ignore the spot on season predictions for the 4 years prior, but got it. Look, there weren't ANY reputable pundits that foresaw an undefeated season last year. The reason? Because 3-4 of our wins were squeaked out. We got lucky. Everyone knows that. We weren't the dominant force you'd like to think we were and the title game proved it to the entire nation. We don't get ANY respect in this current game and rightfully so. You're still going to be talking about 2012 like it was the 88 season for the next decade.

are you echoing 88 still?

over the forces of Echo and his fake fans.

That is all.

Oh and don't say we should just blow Navy out like an elite team should.....

Sat, Sep 17

#10 South Carolina 24

Navy 21

September 5, 2009

#6 Ohio State 31

Navy 27

We should just blow Navy out like an elite team should.

the sentiment is right. but things happen.

2009 ohio st. won the rose bowl over oregon and barely beat navy.

My sentiment was "loaded", lol. I just didn't feel like going on a rant.

That Ohio State team didn't play Navy EVERY YEAR, nor did that South Carolina team. That was not our first rodeo going against the Navy option attack.

Those Navy Teams were better than the one we played today if you want to get into irrelevant comparisons.

I will conclude this message saying that I rarely agree with your point of view; however, I do not feel the need to personally attack you or polarize your pompom-esque outlook on our slightly above average football team.

the sentiment is right. but things happen.

2009 ohio st. won the rose bowl over oregon and barely beat navy.

The problem is not really Navy. Fans are tired of watching a team as talented as ours struggle with lesser teams. It's understandable when it happens once...maybe twice a season. Much more forgivable when you blow the doors off everyone else. The issue is that we don't. Last week was the first time this season where I've actually had something good to say about how we performed. I'm not looking for the negatives in these situations. You can say its a win and that's all that matters.....but I disagree. I don't want to squirt by and gather the wins only to get embarrassed in a bowl game.

The problem is not really Navy. Fans are tired of watching a team as talented as ours struggle with lesser teams. It's understandable when it happens once...maybe twice a season. Much more forgivable when you blow the doors off everyone else. The issue is that we don't. Last week was the first time this season where I've actually had something good to say about how we performed. I'm not looking for the negatives in these situations. You can say its a win and that's all that matters.....but I disagree. I don't want to squirt by and gather the wins only to get embarrassed in a bowl game.

ohio state also lost to purdue in 2009. and they won the rose bowl.

ohio state also lost to purdue in 2009. and they won the rose bowl.

Purdue recruits from a similar talent pool as Ohio State moreso than ND - Navy

I don't think those teams are appropriate comparisons.

Holy sh!t. I feel like I have Deja Vu, but I know I've made this post before.

Also, that Ohio state team dealt with every other "inferior opponent" on their schedule that year.

Honest question.

Do you think Bob Diaco personally doesn't know how to stop an option offense? Do you think Bob Diaco had BJAX dials up plays that keep BJAX looking in the backfield and get burned on PA pass for a touchdown?

It wasn't Bennett Jackson who blew that play ... It was Farley. If you watch that play again, you we see Farley run right past the reciever while the QB has already dropped back. Bennett Jackson is supposed to be looking into the backfield against an option team. Bennett had the RB, Farley had deep. It was just a very bad play by Farley.

Side note: We really missed Nix in this game. I'm not sure Navy would have went for it on 4th and 4 had Nix been there.

Thread starter should have thread starting privileges revoked...what is the point of a thread like this?

I have no idea why some people believe everyone should think like them. I'm not a shrink. Anyone here have some professional insight? I do know that if you tell them they're right and just walk away they really start to go crazy.

As for ND football...we have a nice little team with a lot of talented players to watch. They win more than they lose and it seems almost every game is exciting...I'm sorry to hear that because of this reality I'm no longer a real fan...

...whatever...

I have no idea why some people believe everyone should think like them. I'm not a shrink. Anyone here have some professional insight? I do know that if you tell them they're right and just walk away they really start to go crazy.

As for ND football...we have a nice little team with a lot of talented players to watch. They win more than they lose and it seems almost every game is exciting...I'm sorry to hear that because of this reality I'm no longer a real fan...

...whatever...

I am with you on this one... the dick swinging contests around here are getting tiresome. I love our Irish and am enjoying seeing all of this young talent springing up before our eyes. I am convinced that we were playing it safe to not lose anymore defensive starters because stanford is THE game. We need to be healthy for that game to stand a chance. We got the W against Navy and we played very conservatively, I think the staff will continue this approach to try to get everyone ready and healthy for Stanford.

kind of like how we were suppose to be 8-5 last year, your predictions are always so accurate.

Look, I am not agreeing with GG or PT, but echo and nremdn, you two are pessimists, plain and simple. Not "realists," just simply pessimists; there is no other way of looking at it. We are 7-2 and you have the nerve to ask what is there to be optimistic about? Gee, I dont know, I guess I should just watch the last game we play and base the entire year off that game. I didnt hear you barking after beating Air Force "like we should."

...because we beat Air Force "like we should". Why would he complain about our performance when we executed like we were expected to?

I don't understand this post.

I am with you on this one... the dick swinging contests around here are getting tiresome. I love our Irish and am enjoying seeing all of this young talent springing up before our eyes. I am convinced that we were playing it safe to not lose anymore defensive starters because stanford is THE game. We need to be healthy for that game to stand a chance. We got the W against Navy and we played very conservatively, I think the staff will continue this approach to try to get everyone ready and healthy for Stanford.

The older I get, the worse my dick swings. I almost use to swing at full mast.