Nd lax

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a chance to watch this game...

Defense:

Lights out first half and really first 3 quarters. They were all over the place, sliding well, and Kemp was a brick wall. The problem was Syracuse still dominated possession and really just kept at them...until they fell apart....

Offense:

Total joke....There really was nothing good about them today. They were laughable and just totally ineffective. I really think they missed O'Connor and Doyel today. I think O'Connor is out for the year but hopefully Doyel comes back.

Not a good game for the Irish today. BLAH!

Bottom line with this LAX team is their offense is not that good. They really just don't have enough people on O that can generate good shots. They don't have enough quickness to dodge people. They don't have enough true shooters to hit from the outside. They are not accurate and they turn the ball over way too much. With the new 30 second shot clock, teams are scoring more. ND MUST find a way to get this offense rolling to make a run. My hope is that losing this game doesn't matter. Too often ND teams beat good teams in the season and then falter out in the tournament. It would be nice to see ND beat Cuse when they play them again and then go on to win the BET to get a fairly high seed in the tournament. But the bottom line is it doesn't truly matter. They have done enough to get in the tournament and have proven they can beat anyone. For once, I want to see a ND team catch fire when it matters. This team CAN still do that.

Obviously at this point and time all the games start to get a little more important. ND is still number one in the RPI and actually still sits rather nicely to be the number one overall seed. First, comes pesky Syracuse again. Syracuse has pretty much owned ND in LAX. I think they are like 7-1 against them... Beating a team twice in one week is tough. I would like to see ND make some offensive personnel adjustments with their middies and attacks to mix things up a little but what do I know. I do know if they can beat Syracuse tomorrow and then, most likely Villanova on Saturday, that they will have a great seed and momentum for the tournament. HOPEFULLY they come ready to play. It's on ESPNU at 4:30 so set the DVR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by irishrb

This team is pathetic and Korrigan blows as a coach guess he doesn't practice anything.

Easy there BKTM.

A couple of obvious things....Syracuse is better than ND right now. ND could generate anything on offense. Syracuse approached them out high and there was really nothing ND could do against them. They just don't have enough quickness on offense. They simply can't generate their own shots...The offense also commits too many unforced errors, which leads to easy transition goals. Syracuse continued to control the ball and got to ND's defense...again...

Backing into the tournament is never a good thing but at least they are in. They will also most likely still be seeded and host a first round game. Hopefully they can get some things settled and just start firing away on offense like they have done earlier in the year.

BKTM, I think you have fallen off your rocker here....

Kevin Corrigan is set to begin his 25th season on the Fighting Irish sideline in 2013. Since his arrival on campus in 1988, Corrigan has built Notre Dame into one of the premier men's lacrosse programs in the country. He boasts a 230-109 (.678) record during his impressive Notre Dame tenure.

Inheriting a program that had never earned a berth in the NCAA Championship, Corrigan has made the Irish a staple in the postseason. His tenure has been highlighted by three trips to Championship Weekend, including two appearances in the last three seasons. Notre Dame made the program's first-ever appearance in the national title game in 2010 and the Irish were national semifinalists in 2001 and 2012. Notre Dame has finished as NCAA quarterfinalists four times under Corrigan (1995, 2000, 2008, 2011).

Notre Dame has garnered 17 invitations to the NCAA Championship since 1990, including a current run of seven straight trips, which is a program-best streak. The Fighting Irish have received a national seed and a first-round home game four times in the past five years.

Corrigan's Irish squads have won 16 conference titles, including the 2012 BIG EAST regular-season championship, and have finished in the top 20 of the national rankings in 19 of the last 20 campaigns. Notre Dame has been adept at winning big games under Corrigan, registering 77 victories over nationally-ranked opponents, including 23 vs. top-10 foes.

At least one Irish player has garnered All-America accolades in each of the last 20 years, with 32 individuals earning a total of 56 All-America honors. A program-record six players received All-America citations in 2011.

One thing you missed has never won a NC, I could care less how productive you are until you win one. Also, when you have the players that he recruited he should have a great record, example Calipari at Kentucky hes done so good because he recruits NBA players. The NC team he had I can tell you he didn't exactly have to coach to hard with that team. For once, he has a great D but when you cant score or control the ball, it just weakens the D and tires them out. Especially, Kemp. I have not seen any differences in the way they play and its actually gotten worse. Also, other coaches have figured out how to play different ways to stop the Offense. ND could easily have more loses then wins if it wasn't for close wins in final seconds.

He's a defensive coach...always has been. The team this year simply has no quickness on O. There's not much you can do about that. It's silly to argue that Corrigan is a lousy coach...He isn't.

It's been a pretty crazy year in lacrosse this year. There is definitely no dominant team. ND is not playing their best lacrosse right now but who knows....They still have as good of a chance as anyone else.

The selection show is Sunday night at 9:00. Hopefully ND gets a decent draw.

Dude, Syracuse is 5-0 against top 10 teams and the favorite right now to be the #1 overall seed. They had 2 bad games this year but have been playing very well. They are just a bad match-up for ND. There is NO WAY they wouldn't have made the tournament if they lost to ND either time.

ND could lose in the first round or they could easily make it to the semis again. It will all depend on their draw. It is looking more and more like they should get a good draw for their first game and at least advance to the second round. After that, who knows, as this really has been a crazy year and is totally wide open.

Smh they are done they can't score it's simple. Coach won't fix anything and everything has gotten worse. This team like I said is lucky to even have a lot of wins they should of lost to NC PSU etc wining in OT and coming back by 5 every game. Good teams dont start bad and play a consistent game, ND has done that once the first game of the year.

BKTM, Seriously? ND has had a great year and has played good, fundamental LAX this year. Has their offense been good? No. Have they done enough to be #1 for a major part of the year? Yes. Has their defense been good? Yes. Are they going to be a top 5 seed tomorrow and maybe a 2 seed? Yes.

Look, this entire year has been crazy. The tournament is totally up for grabs and ND has just as good of a chance as anyone. That is a fact. I suggest watching them with an open mind and enjoying the game.

How can you tell they have played good? It's been alright seeing you haven't watched much they lost to Hofstra went to 3 OT games, barely beat Rutgers, was down big early against Nova, almost lost to G Town. This team should easily be 6-8 with no tourney bid. I know they beat 3 ranked teams in OT but every one of those games they got lucky to stay in it because teams fell apart and their coaches were dumb. Again, Corrigan is showing his true colors, if it wasn't for a few dedicated all american players, this year would be already over.

First, I have watched every game that is available to watch. I've streamed every one, gone to one in person, and if it wasn't on, I did Gametracker. It is COLLEGE lacrosse and no team is going to be perfect. I am done directing any comments to you about this. As Indiana Hoosier would say, your negativity is ridiculous.

ND is going to get a 2 or 3 seed and most likely get Bryant or Detroit in the first round. Detroit plays Sienna at 1:00 today. I'll be rooting hard for Detroit to take them down because that would be a great match-up for the Irish. After the first round though, it will be anyone's guess/game.

Selection show is tonight at 9:00. GO IRISH!