Nd lax

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rankings in my opinion are questionable not sure how Ohio Stste was 3 and North Carolina or someone else wasn't higher. My sleeper team is Albany three family members with 99 points and 2 in the 60s just amazing. ND will win just because its Detroit who is awful. But of course there is Duke awaiting.

Notre Dame got a deserved 2 seed and will play Detroit at home. This really should not be much of a game. ND should win the first round rather easily and advance to the second round. Their second round opponent will either be the defending champs, Loyola, or Duke. I fully expect it to be Duke as they are playing some of the best LAX out there. Either way, the second round is going to be TOUGH, but when it gets down to 8 teams, all the games are hard.

OSU ended up shooting up in the RPI from winning their conference, which is why they were rewarded with a 3. I was quite suprised too that UNC wasn't seeded higher but their quarter of the bracket actually isn't that bad.

It should be an interesting and fun tournament.

Let the playoff games begin for tomorrow. Here are my guesses for the first day of the tournament:

UNC-Leigh

I've seen UNC play a couple of times and they moved the ball around well and played with great confidence. I saw Lehigh play UMass and they looked bad. I know they ended the year on a bit of a run but I just can't see them winning at UNC.

PSU/Yale

If it doesn't rain, we'll probably go to this game. PSU's goalie is great. The guy's ritual where he adjusts his cup every 5 seconds always has my boys rollin' but it works for him. I totally expect PSU to slow this game down and win by a couple of goals.

ND-Detroit.

I want to see their offense wake up and gain some confidence for their run to the championship. I want to see Kemp play the ball better and become the dominant force he can be. I want to see ND control the faceoffs. I want to see the D suffocate the ball. I want and expect ND to win by at least 7 and continue to play with a sense of urgency...That's not asking for too much is it?

Denver-Albany

High scoring, fun affair. The way this year has gone there has to be an upset in the first round. I might as well go with this one. This game will go back and forth and Albany will win the battle.

Totally looking forward to tomorrow. GO IRISH!

Edited by irishrb

Wow, Notre Dame was totally sleep walking through the first three quarters. Detroit was getting possession and Notre Dame just let them stall every time. It was like they totally hypnotized them. ND just wasn't playing well. They were on their heels and really not looking to do anything about it. Then the fourth quarter came and ND just totally imposed their will on Detroit, like they should have done earlier. (ND actually scrimmaged Detroit earlier in the year and hammered them by double digits.) Seriously Detroit couldn't do anything in the fourth when ND decided to play. The fourth quarter was awesome, even if it was Detroit. Kavanaugh, their freshman attack player shot life into ND the whole game. Seriously, he's one of the few who came to play. Either way, ND made Detroit look like a high school girl's lacrosse team in the fourth quarter so hopefully they take that aggression and move forward.

This team will get hammered next game they way they played today simple as that Corrigan has had suspect coaching lucky to have Kavanaugh be a beast. No idea where the magic of Rogers Marlatt and Hopkins has been just unacceptable also Kemp let some easy goals in.

Ya, IF ND plays like that again, they will get drilled. They MUST be more aggressive on offense, if they want to have any chance of moving on to the semifinals. And I agree, more people need to step up. Marlatt had the worst game I have ever seen from him yesterday...unforced errors, unable to get any ground balls, off target, shooting at the end when he should have run clock. I would have pulled him out. He needs a wake up call. If I am Corrigan I give everyone the green light. Shoot the crap out of the ball, keep someone behind the cage at all times, and let the chips fall where they fall. Be aggressive and don't look back.

I honestly think ND thought they were going to be able to just show up and beat Detroit. Obviously they still needed to play the game. They won't play like that again.

As expected, ND gets Duke again on Sunday. Duke is playing just as well as anyone in the country right now. They are on a streak and are scoring quite well. Obviously ND is hanging on by a thread right now, but they are still in it. ND actually won at Duke earlier in the year 13-5 so they can do this. They MUST be more aggressive on offense and they must slide well to the ball to win this. Obviously it goes without saying that Kemp needs a good game too. I'm sure it's my ND homerism but I fully expect ND to be in the final four after the game on Sunday.

Kudos to ND! A hell of a comeback. First time in history a team has ever come back from that deficit in a post season match... Hopefully that fiery play that made ND so good this season and made it's first appearance in weeks yesterday will continue against Duke. Did I mention how much I hate all that is Duke??

Nice to see you pipe in DonJuan. Seriously, Notre Dame has played like that most of the season. Slow start/cruise control beginning, fire it up, pour it on ending. Duke has taken ND out of the playoffs 2 out of the last 3 years, including that devastating OT championship loss 3 years ago. Right now, the way both teams are playing, there is no reason why ND should win this game. But I believe they will come to play with a more aggressive offense and a patient, yet quick sliding defense. I guess we'll see but it really is time for ND to knock Duke out of the playoffs this year!

It's about time you join the bandwagon Okie. After the PSU game, I got to talk to a lot of the players. I told a big group of them that nothing less than the championship game is acceptable this year and that I would see them there. Sunday is just another step towards it.

This team isn't a championship the way they have been playing. Especially if Syracuse keeps playing.

For once, I agree with you BKTM...but you never know. They should be confident going against Duke. They are in the quarterfinals, they already beat Duke, and they just played a great quarter :-?....so who knows...

I thought Duke actually did play pretty well. They dominated the face-off and had like a ridiculous 60 some shots. They hit the post a lot and Loyola's goalie had a lot of saves. Granted, it Loyola's bonehead coach doesn't call that timeout, ND is playing Loyola but either way Duke still did play pretty well. Honestly, the way the two teams are playing right now, Duke should wipe the floor clean with ND.