Nd lax

I just figured I would do one thread for men's lacrosse....

#3 Notre Dame plays at #2 Penn State tomorrow at noon.

PSU has actually stifled ND's offense the last couple of years. PSU has a good goalie who has really been on against the Irish.

ND is coming off a good win at Duke, although Duke is having a rough start, but I look for them to continue their early run and come to Happy Valley ready to play. Notre Dames midfielders are much better than PSU and I expect them to crack their goalie. Hopefully the Irish can hold their own on the faceoffs. My boys and I are going to the game so they better win!

Also, Loyola already lost to Maryland so ND should move up to #2 if they can win tomorrow!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a really fun game. It was really back and forth. PSU came to play as they played pretty fundamentally sound defense and were quite aggressive on offense. ND initially had some trouble at the X but then OConnor really took charge and really changed the momentum of the game.

When ND moved the ball on offense they looked really good. They had a quite a few sloppy possesions and weren't attacking the ground balls as well as I would have liked but all in all they looked good.

PSU's crowd was really a joke. The game was indoors and that is the most quiet crowd ever. Honestly, my sons' youth basketball game was much louder than PSU's crowd.

I will say we hung around after the game and Notre Dame's players and coaches were the most friendly, polite people ever. We were ultra impressed with them.

GO IRISH!

Edited by irishrb

Another CRAZY WIN for the LAX team. 10-9 again over a good UNC team. Kavanagh, a freshman had the game tying goal to take it into OT and then the game winner again. They will stay at number 2 in the nation. If you get a chance, check this team out!

ND suffers its first loss of the year to #15 Hofstra 8-7. They really had a lot of chances in the third to put this game to rest but couldn't convert. Hoftrsa on the other hand to advantage of just about everything they could and closed it out. Blah...

The games have been streamed online via UND.com. The Denver game is on ESPN3. It will also be tape delayed on ESPNU late Sunday night. I am DVRing it and will be watching it on Monday. It's going to be a tough game in that altitude but hopefully ND can get a W.

This game was tape delayed and my boys and I resisted the urge to look it up and thanks to a snow day, we just watched the game. Although it took OT to win this game, ND really dominated it. Denver got some crazy phantom calls that gave them a good chance to win but ND wouldn't have any of it. Denver had a great spread offensive attack to keep ND on their heels but ND just kept being aggressive and shooting the ball all over the place. ND is just beaming with confidence right now. ND had a couple mental lapses on D and the refs gave Denver a couple goals but other than that they really shut a great offense down. This team has had an amazing streak against great competition. They face another top ten team in OSU this weekend. Bring it on. This team is ready for anyone!

The Irish continue their absolutely crazy initial schedule as they host #8 OSU today at 4:00. The game is supposed to be broadcasted live on UND.com at 4:00 EST as long as they keep it outdoors. Outside of them really handling Duke, their games have been incredibly entertaining and totally down to the wire. If you get a chance, check them out. If they win, they will climb back up to #2 as Cornell got upset the other day. GO IRISH LAX!

Disappointing that UND.com was to lazy to put a live feed inside. But a solid win against a top 10 team no less only 4 goals thats crazy. Only bad thing was ND only had 9 and missed way to many shots according to gametracker. Also interesting to see Westy Hopkins didnt play wonder if hes hurt anyone know?

I TOTALLY agree with this!