Nd lax

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notre Dame takes on a decent, but not great, Providence team today. It is being broadcasted live on Providence's website at 1:00! It will be interesting to see what changes Corrigan has made to the line up.

ND takes down Providence 13-8.

Things that stuck out to me:

20/24 faceoffs-Are you kidding me? Maybe, just maybe, ND found their answer here. Nick split time with O'Connor last year so hopefullly this gives him the confidence he needs to be a force.

46 shots for the Irish. Definitely not one attack man holds back.

4 or 5 failed clears....Have to clean that up...

I think the rest of their games are on actual tv.

GO IRISH!

Here is the remainder of Notre Dame's LAX schedule. All three of these games will be on ESPNU!!!

04/14/13 vs. Georgetown * Notre Dame, Ind. 11:00 a.m. ET

04/20/13 vs. Villanova * Notre Dame, Ind. 2:00 p.m. ET

04/27/13 vs. Syracuse * East Rutherford, N.J. 6:30 p.m. ET

RPI rank is the biggest thing used to calculate seeds in the tournament. Currently Notre Dame is still #1 in the RPI. IF they were to seed teams right now for the tourney, ND would most likely be the number 1 overall seed. Even though they have lost a couple, this is still a great team with the opportunity to make some noise. Let's hope they finish strong and actually show up when it matters!

Although I expect 3 wins, I wouldn't totally bank on it. Georgetown should be a win. They are inconsistent at best and it's at ND. Villanova is much better than their record shows and will be a tough game. Syracuse is always tough and should be a great game. The game is in Rutherford and will most likely be a toss up. The way they are playing right now, I would guess they will lose one. Hopefully they continue to step up their game and finish up strong!

Although ND started off quite slowly...down 4-0 pretty quickly, they had a nice come from behind victory over the Hoyas today. Their freshman faceoff man, Brossco, did quite well against the 6th best faceoff man in the nation....which really helped to mount their comeback. Notre Dame also cleared the ball much better and really dominated from the 2nd quarter on. Once ND played with a sense of urgency, they really took over. Kemp, wasn't at his best, and let some longer goals go in but that's still a tough position. All in all, a decent, not great, showing but a Win is a Win. Let's keep it rolling!

The first quarter was TERRIBLE. After that, they looked pretty good, and quite aggressive. They are ranked 7th in the nation in defense. Honestly, who cares about the BET. We see what good that does with the women. In the real tournament though, this team has shown they can hang with anyone, including high scoring Denver, at Denver. They CAN pull this together and make a run. There is no doubt about that. Be positive BKTM!

Big East Tourney showed me last year they weren't ready for the Tourney as they lost early. Big East has some talented teams and will be interesting to see who wins.

First, They lost in the SEMIFINALS to Loyola 7-5 who then went on to beat Maryland 9-3 to win it all. I would hardly call that losing early.

Second, only 4 teams make the BET. If they win the BET, great, it will help solidify their RPI and high seeding. (They most likely still are ranked #1 in the RPI and would probably still have the top overall seed right now.) If they lose, I hope they lose the first game. It will enable them to get some time off, get healthy, and get focused.

Now, do I expect them to win it all right now, the way they are playing, probably not. But they have shown all year they can beat anyone so I will remain optimistic!

Obviously it would be nice to see them dominate, ala the Marquette game, but they have played the toughest schedule in the nation. According to the latest coaches poll, Notre has beaten the number 1, 2, 6, 9, and 12 teams in the country. Think about that...That's pretty amazing. Now let's just hope they don't fizzle out at the end like some other sports have done this past season!

Here's the newest LAX bracketology prediction:

AT-LARGE RESUMES

1. Notre Dame (9-2)

RPI: 2

Top 5 Wins: Denver, North Carolina, Penn State

Top 10 Wins: Duke

Top 20 Wins: Ohio State

Games Remaining: Villanova, Syracuse (RPI No. 5), Big East Tournament

Thought: With three Top 5 wins and a shot at another one, Notre Dame has one of the best tournament resumes I've ever seen.

Big Game tomorrow vs. #19 Villanova. Although Nova is only ranked 19, they are playing some of the best LAX around right now. They are coming off of wins against Syracuse, Georgetown, Rutgers, and St. Johns. This is most likely going to be a very big challenge. ND better not come out sleep walking or they may never recover.

Hopefully Bosco, their new face off man, continues his roll and Notre Dame continues to move the ball and be aggressive on O!

For those of us not able to watch the spring game, this is televised at 2:00 on ESPNU. For those of us fortunate enough to be able to watch, set your DVR's so you can enjoy some ND LAX action later.

Limit the Turnovers and not being able to get the faceoffs totally impacted the amount of time ND had on Offense. ND still really struggles to get going. They are definitely a second half/fourth quarter team. Other than some really stupid turnovers, none worse, than trying to clear and throwing it right to Nova in front of an open net, the Irish looked pretty solid today. If they can get possession of the ball and move it around like they did in the second half, watch out, this team is freaking dangerous.

Big game for #1 ND this weekend as they take on #7 Syracuse in Rutherford. The winner of this game will be the number one seed for the BET and will really help their RPI for the real tournament down the line. Syracuse is a potent team with great midfield play. They have a couple of people that really see the field well and are good shooters. The Irish will need to come to play from the first quarter on if they want to win this game. Hopefully they continue their streak from the 4th quarter last week offensively and continue to get better defensively. In addition to their high level of offensive movement and pass selection last week, Kemp, their goalie, really seemed like he was starting to see the ball better. Kemp MUST continue to get back to his incredibly high level of play that he had last year for ND to make a run and this is another good game to tune his game up. The game is televised on ESPNU Saturday evening at 6:30....Most likely a little later start as they are the second game of the day there. Set the DVR!